BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 23, 2013 8:17 pm  #41

Re: Official US Air Date

Can we not go through this argument again?  It happened with both 'Sherlock' and 'Doctor Who' at Comic Con, and now this.  The US hasn't "stolen" anything from the UK...the show will air everywhere eventually.  PBS Masterpiece co-produces the show, so they have the right to give it any airdate they wish and announce it whenever they wish.  This is supposed to be good news- "Sherlock's back!", but instead, fans are using it as an excuse to turn on other fans of the show.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

October 23, 2013 8:20 pm  #42

kittykat wrote:

It is our show, technically. British setting, British company, British actors, British channel...

Hey...I think you need to chill out a bit, man, and stop raining on the parade otherwise you're running the risk of upsetting people.

The BBC cannot release an official airdate until they've had the finished programmes delivered to them. As Mark Gatiss has tweeted - the music isn't finished yet - and I can well believe him. There are probably a few things they're still tweaking in the editing studio too.

We know for a fact that we will see Sherlock here in the UK either before or at the same time as the US fans, most definitely no later than January 19th. So, YOU SHOULD BE PLEASED!!! Not upset. I'm fucking ecstatic!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

October 23, 2013 8:21 pm  #43

Yes, I can't believe we're really talking about "our show" and "your show" now.
As far as I'm concerned, no tv show whatsoever is my show, just because I'm not the one who's producing or writing it. If at all, the show belongs to Gatiss, Moffat, the BBC - and ultimately to all the fans.

And we're just talking about the announcement of an airdate here! I don't know why, but I somehow have a hunch that it will air in the UK as well...

Last edited by SolarSystem (October 23, 2013 8:24 pm)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

October 23, 2013 8:21 pm  #44

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

kittykat wrote:

It is our show, technically. British setting, British company, British actors, British channel...

Hey...I think you need to chill out a bit, man, and stop raining on the parade otherwise you're running the risk of upsetting people.

The BBC cannot release an official airdate until they've had the finished programmes delivered to them. As Mark Gatiss has tweeted - the music isn't finished yet - and I can well believe him. There are probably a few things they're still tweaking in the editing studio too.

We know for a fact that we will see Sherlock here in the UK either before or at the same time as the US fans, most definitely no later than January 19th. So, YOU SHOULD BE PLEASED!!! Not upset. I'm fucking ecstatic!!

Here here!  I'm really excited that they will air it so close to the UK airdate, because that should help the ratings a LOT.  I would love to see PBS do well and import more current British series.

Last edited by sj4iy (October 23, 2013 8:24 pm)

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.

October 23, 2013 8:22 pm  #45

Harriet wrote:

kittykat wrote:

Still upset about 1776, are you? 

LOL

Hm, so far I only found one person who is not happy with the airdate for the US. 
I'm pretty sure, everything and -one is fine otherwise.

Last edited by Mattlocked (October 23, 2013 8:43 pm)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 23, 2013 9:18 pm  #46

I'm not going to argue about this anymore. 

Chances are we'll see it first anyway 

Last edited by kittykat (October 23, 2013 9:21 pm)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

October 23, 2013 9:20 pm  #47

Excellent idea 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 23, 2013 11:19 pm  #48

Mrs. Watson wrote:

LOVE THIS!  

-------------------------------------------------------

October 24, 2013 12:17 am  #49

I like John's new jacket.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

October 24, 2013 12:51 am  #50

Yeah, baby!  A date at last!  This is how I celebrated!

I'd read a long time ago that Sue Vertue was going to try to shorten the gap between air dates in UK and the US.  Looks like maybe she succeeded; however, my most sincere wish is that we ALL get to see the show at the same time. Seriously folks, I can't believe the animosity that suddenly surfaced on this thread because of the announcement. That kind of crap is NOT what this Forum is about!

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

October 24, 2013 12:56 am  #51

KeepersPrice wrote:

Yeah, baby! A date at last! This is how I celebrated!

I'd read a long time ago that Sue Vertue was going to try to shorten the gap between air dates in UK and the US. Looks like maybe she succeeded; however, my most sincere wish is that we ALL get to see the show at the same time. Seriously folks, I can't believe the animosity that suddenly surfaced on this thread because of the announcement. That kind of crap is NOT what this Forum is about!

*gives you epic post medal* I agree with you wholeheartedly!  And great picture! Reminds me that I need to mark January 19th on my calender as well! Maybe with a large heart? 

Last edited by SilverMoonDragonB (October 24, 2013 12:56 am)

-------------------------------------------------------

October 24, 2013 1:44 am  #52

Ooh, love that idea!  I marked mine down as well:

...very first thing I have marked in it XD

October 24, 2013 4:02 am  #53

KeepersPrice wrote:

Yeah, baby! A date at last! This is how I celebrated!

I'd read a long time ago that Sue Vertue was going to try to shorten the gap between air dates in UK and the US. Looks like maybe she succeeded; however, my most sincere wish is that we ALL get to see the show at the same time. Seriously folks, I can't believe the animosity that suddenly surfaced on this thread because of the announcement. That kind of crap is NOT what this Forum is about!

How wonderful to see you again, KP! Your happy face made my morning...
I think it quite unbelievable that that loooong hiatus will finally be over for ALL of us - not matter if you will see series 3 "first", "second", "third" or "tenth". Can't wait for 2014.

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

October 24, 2013 5:42 am  #54

KeepersPrice wrote:

I'd read a long time ago that Sue Vertue was going to try to shorten the gap between air dates in UK and the US.  Looks like maybe she succeeded; however, my most sincere wish is that we ALL get to see the show at the same time. Seriously folks, I can't believe the animosity that suddenly surfaced on this thread because of the announcement. That kind of crap is NOT what this Forum is about!

Yes!  Exactly!!   I'm thrilled she/they/both sides worked so hard to make that possible... we weren't even sure if we'd have to wait months after you guys again.  I don't want to be feeling bad about how it happened... this is awesome for both sides, as we know they'll get it sooner over there most likely anyway, and now you have a rough idea of when it'll be before.  Plus, like others said, technicalities with our tv schedulings differing, PBS wanting to arrange premiere with Downton for ratings and get the word out as soon as allowed, and, as someone else said, I guess they aren't allowed to say how much earlier they can do it over there until it's actually finished?  Really, the powers that be working on shortening the gap mostly just makes me hopeful for the rest of you in other countries, too (and sending hugs).

Sherlockology as usual had some pretty good words of commentary/confirmation, plus a new picture to boot!:
http://sherlockology.tumblr.com/post/64880408058/uk-airdate-q
http://sherlockology.tumblr.com/post/64859127838/s3-promo-art-confirmed

This also finally, finally brings up an idle thought that came up during the hiatus that I thought sounded neat for when the time finally came (ha... it's still strange to not think of it anymore as a 'vague point in the uncertain future!'  ;D)  I thought it was neat hearing about a chunk of the fandom, along with all the other online fandom activities/real life gathers/meme movements sometimes doing an international 'day' related to something with Sherlock (such as 221B day).  And I wasn't really immersed in the online fandom yet when the 'I Believe in Sherlock Holmes' viral campaign was big, but sounded really neat, as far as a shared movement goes.... And wouldn't it be neat if, on a specific day leading up to the show, everyone did it again?  Has there been any talk of that?  We could all print this out and post it... rally people and maybe make some new fans in the process....   

Big one here: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-UGWeyu2-jqw/T0UwmJJuexI/AAAAAAAACfw/cvegcUHOEUU/s1600/tumblr_lyai23YL4K1qmax3ro1_1280.jpg

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

October 24, 2013 7:09 am  #55

Excellent idea, Russell. The poster is great. 

And I just discovered this very fitting video: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiVf7WfAy8I&utm_content=buffer77c7d&utm_source=buffer&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Buffer

Last edited by SusiGo (October 24, 2013 7:57 am)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 24, 2013 1:16 pm  #56

Swanpride wrote:

After the hiatus is before the hiatus...only three weeks and then the waiting game begins again....

Swan, I'm going to rename you Debbie Downer! LOL!

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

October 24, 2013 1:16 pm  #57

For me, I agree with a certain wise Army Doctor.   "It's All Fine."!!!!!

*bouncy bouncy*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 24, 2013 2:22 pm  #58

I realise that this might not be the best thread for what I'm about to say, but I want you all to see it.

I sincerely apologise for my behaviour last night. This waiting is very frustrating at the moment, so to see an airdate for a different country that doesn't apply to me really hit me hard. Then I had to watch you guys getting all excited (which you are allowed to do) and I couldn't cope. 

I will be honest; I was jealous, plain and simple. I let it get the better of me and I lashed out at the poeple I consider my friends, which was wrong. I am genuinely happy for you guys that you have something to mark on your calendars, and I'm sure that soon enough I will too. It really is great to have some indication at last. 

I apologise to anyone who took offense at my words, and I take everything back. The show belongs to all of us, equally, wherever we are. Me living in the UK does not make me more of a fan than any of you, and I know that. So I am very sorry for everything I said last night, and I hope we can move on.

Kitty 

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

October 24, 2013 2:32 pm  #59

A very nice - and brave - post.
And this time I fully agree with you. 
Thank you, kitty.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 24, 2013 2:34 pm  #60

Hug? 

Board footera