BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 23, 2013 5:05 pm  #21

Re: Official US Air Date

tonnaree wrote:

When I first saw the announcement I thought it meant that we all would be getting the series at the same time.  That would be so wonderful. 
And I am sorry we got the news first but right now all I can do is hyperventilate!!!  *swoon*

Join the club!  *is still hyperventilating* I'm probably going to pass out soon from too much excitement...

-------------------------------------------------------

October 23, 2013 5:29 pm  #22

Mark Gatiss just tweeted that the music's not finished, yet.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 23, 2013 5:37 pm  #23

Ha! You just gotta love to hate him!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

October 23, 2013 5:38 pm  #24

kittykat wrote:

Why no UK date? I don't mean to sound nasty, but surely we should get ours first? 

It's a UK show, after all! It's not exactly fair. If it were a US show then I could understand, fair enough. But this isn't right. If we can't get our airdate before, then at least at the same time!

Because the US doesn't do their scheduling the same way the UK does.  The US has to schedule months ahead of time, the UK doesn't.  That's all this is, and it's no slight on the UK fans at all.

Last edited by sj4iy (October 23, 2013 5:41 pm)

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

October 23, 2013 5:48 pm  #25

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

tonnaree wrote:

When I first saw the announcement I thought it meant that we all would be getting the series at the same time.  That would be so wonderful. 
And I am sorry we got the news first but right now all I can do is hyperventilate!!!  *swoon*

Join the club!  *is still hyperventilating* I'm probably going to pass out soon from too much excitement...

Can I join the club?  And repeat pretty much what you guys said/make incomprehensible noises/kermit flail/hug/get a shock blanket and tea over here?       Seriously, hugs to our friends across the pond, and not denying that you'd think the country of origin would be confirmed first, but... seriously!!!   It's usually the other way around (with months in between!) and PBS/BBC was probably so thrilled they were able to work out something better this time around (and time it with Downton, big for their ratings), not to mention avoid the network-hated spoilers and piracy, they wanted to go ahead and announce it.  Maybe like someone else said, you guys already know that means you'll get it a bit before then, and they're still working on the exact timeslot without having to change it and annoy everyone (plus the minor element of different network scheduling practices).
Just hope this means a sooner time than previously for the rest of you in other countries, too..... 

Yaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

October 23, 2013 6:00 pm  #26

Russell wrote:

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

tonnaree wrote:

Can I join the club? And repeat pretty much what you guys said/make incomprehensible noises/kermit flail/hug/get a shock blanket and tea over here? Seriously, hugs to our friends across the pond, and not denying that you'd think the country of origin would be confirmed first, but... seriously!!! It's usually the other way around (with months in between!) and PBS/BBC was probably so thrilled they were able to work out something better this time around (and time it with Downton, big for their ratings), not to mention avoid the network-hated spoilers and piracy, they wanted to go ahead and announce it. Maybe like someone else said, you guys already know that means you'll get it a bit before then, and they're still working on the exact timeslot without having to change it and annoy everyone (plus the minor element of different network scheduling practices).
Just hope this means a sooner time than previously for the rest of you in other countries, too.....

Yaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!

Of course you can! The more the merrier 

October 23, 2013 6:00 pm  #27

Yeah! Start printing these:

October 23, 2013 6:00 pm  #28

To be honest, now that we know the US air date, I'd much rather have a real trailer asap. 

Mrs. Watson, I already did!

Last edited by SolarSystem (October 23, 2013 6:01 pm)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

October 23, 2013 6:01 pm  #29

SolarSystem wrote:

Ha! You just gotta love to hate him!

Hehe, indeed! 

October 23, 2013 6:02 pm  #30

SolarSystem wrote:

To be honest, now that we know the US air date, I'd much rather have a real trailer asap. 

Mrs. Watson, I already did!

Hehe, same here!!!!! That'll be a very interesting fan forum day when a real, at least couple minute trailer is released...*squee* 

October 23, 2013 6:04 pm  #31

Mrs. Watson wrote:

Yeah! Start printing these:

Hehe, perfect!  I've got to print that out so I'll have it good and ready for when I watch series 3, because if anyone disturbs me when watching it...oh there will be hell to pay! 

October 23, 2013 6:11 pm  #32

tobeornot221b wrote:

I'm so happy for you guys across the pond that you won't have to put up with a long waiting time!  Thus our forum won't be less in danger to crash owing to very differing waiting periods for the majority of our members.

And not to crash the forum today.....but.....WOO HOO American air date!!  January 19th does not feel like forever away.  And there are two Cumberbatch movies to watch in the mean time in theaters.  So, to reiterate: WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!

And I totally sympathize with the Brits becuase y'all should've gotten an air date first for *your* show.  (but adds under her breath: wooooo hooo!!!)

M: Tradition, John. Our traditions define us.

Harry: ...And Mr. Holmes, the younger.  You look taller in your photographs.
SH: I take the precaution of a good coat and a short friend.

October 23, 2013 6:16 pm  #33

It is our show, technically. British setting, British company, British actors, British channel...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

October 23, 2013 6:19 pm  #34

My question is whether that is the BBC America or the PBS airdate? Matters to me, I do not want to have to watch a cut-up version.

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

October 23, 2013 6:21 pm  #35

crazybbcamerican wrote:

My question is whether that is the BBC America or the PBS airdate? Matters to me, I do not want to have to watch a cut-up version.

I think it's PBS, but I'm not sure. Either way, I don't want to watch a cut up version either. Another reason why I'll probably wait until they're out on DVD before watching.

October 23, 2013 6:24 pm  #36

Just follow the links on top.

Sherlock will return to PBS Masterpiece on Jan. 19 at 10 p.m.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 23, 2013 6:30 pm  #37

October 23, 2013 7:49 pm  #38

kittykat wrote:

It is our show, technically. British setting, British company, British actors, British channel...

Totally agree.  The *your* was intended for emphasis, not imply that it was a little less-than-true.  It is YOUR show.  And I thank you for it!  

M: Tradition, John. Our traditions define us.

Harry: ...And Mr. Holmes, the younger.  You look taller in your photographs.
SH: I take the precaution of a good coat and a short friend.

October 23, 2013 8:12 pm  #39

kittykat wrote:

Still upset about 1776, are you? 

Last edited by Harriet (October 23, 2013 8:18 pm)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 23, 2013 8:14 pm  #40

Technically, yes. However, what I love about this fandom is that Sherlock connects people from all over the world. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

Board footera