BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 23, 2013 3:27 pm  #1

Official US Air Date

I know this has already been mentioned in another post, but thought I'd just make an official topic for it.

19th January, apparently!

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-10-23/sherlock-series-3-us-air-date-revealed
http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/10/23/sherlock-season-3-premiere-date-revealed/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

October 23, 2013 3:29 pm  #2

Re: Official US Air Date

Thanks. I wasn't sure where to post it, but this way nobody will miss it. 
(As if it would be possible to miss.......  ) *checksTwitterTL*

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 23, 2013 3:29 pm  #3

Why no UK date? I don't mean to sound nasty, but surely we should get ours first? 

It's a UK show, after all! It's not exactly fair. If it were a US show then I could understand, fair enough. But this isn't right. If we can't get our airdate before, then at least at the same time!

Last edited by kittykat (October 23, 2013 3:36 pm)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

October 23, 2013 3:36 pm  #4

Well, at least you can be kind of sure that it will air earlier than in the US.
Whereas in Germany............................... *sigh* 

October 23, 2013 3:36 pm  #5

And tumblr is already going crazy  .

I think BBC's and Mofftiss reluctance to give an airdate is due to all the hassle they got with series 2 when they had to reschedule it several times and fans quite frankly got rather nasty. So they're probably not going to say anything until they are absolutely certain.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is it nice not being me? It must be so relaxing.

An apostrophe makes the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

October 23, 2013 3:37 pm  #6

Or maybe the US is the new world capital and I just missed the memo...the government sure seems to think so!

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

October 23, 2013 3:41 pm  #7

Ormond Sacker wrote:

And tumblr is already going crazy  .

I think BBC's and Mofftiss reluctance to give an airdate is due to all the hassle they got with series 2 when they had to reschedule it several times and fans quite frankly got rather nasty. So they're probably not going to say anything until they are absolutely certain.

Sounds reasonable..... 

October 23, 2013 3:43 pm  #8

Oh, come on... as Mattlocked already said, if it'll air in the US on the 19th, you can be pretty sure that it will air in the UK earlier than that - or at least on the 19th as well, certainly not later.
Cut them some slack. All this fuss about the air date will be forgotten once the episodes have aired and everyone is going nuts over the cliffhanger once again.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

October 23, 2013 3:48 pm  #9

Until we get our airdate, I've earned the right to be ticked off.  If they can announce one date, they can announce the rest! That's the only way for it to be fair to everyone. 

This is like when The Hobbit came out on DVD. New Zealand was the country of origin, yet I think Australia got the DVD first, then the US and UK before NZ. What's that about?

Last edited by kittykat (October 23, 2013 3:55 pm)

October 23, 2013 3:56 pm  #10

I genuinely don't mean to sound nasty towards our US members; it's not you I'm pissed at. But I honestly think that they could have announced our date too, being the country of origin.

Last edited by kittykat (October 23, 2013 3:57 pm)

October 23, 2013 3:58 pm  #11

I'm gonna take a moment to sympathize with those who are upset about not getting a UK date, it's understandable and does suck.
However, I am also ecstatic about hearing about the US date!!!!!!! *screams and runs around the house* <----I really did that btw, the person I live with gave me the weirdest look 
So, I'm wondering, will it be just the US or will it include Canada as well?  ....I hope so 

-------------------------------------------------------

October 23, 2013 3:58 pm  #12

Yeah, that's strange.  As I don't know the business I don't know their reasons. There's nothing we can do, I guess.
Today I was wondering if one fine day the BBC will send out a tweet like: "Tomorrow, guys!"
Well, that would be fun! (not really) 

October 23, 2013 4:01 pm  #13

If it's Jan 19th for us too, fair enough. But they could do the decent thing and tell us!

October 23, 2013 4:04 pm  #14

From the lovely "delightfully ‏@vereentjoeng"

October 23, 2013 4:07 pm  #15

No reason to get worked up. I am happy to learn anything at all even if my country probably has to wait for months on end and knows everything before it is aired over here. So, yeah! 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 23, 2013 4:08 pm  #16

Mattlocked wrote:

Awww!  Can't wait to see ya Sherlock! John isn't the only one who has probably been waiting years....

October 23, 2013 4:11 pm  #17

Mattlocked wrote:

Wow. Sherlock certainly has changed since the fall...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

October 23, 2013 4:15 pm  #18

SolarSystem wrote:

Mattlocked wrote:

Wow. Sherlock certainly has changed since the fall...

October 23, 2013 4:33 pm  #19

I'm so happy for you guys across the pond that you won't have to put up with a long waiting time!  Thus our forum won't be less in danger to crash owing to very differing waiting periods for the majority of our members.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

October 23, 2013 5:00 pm  #20

When I first saw the announcement I thought it meant that we all would be getting the series at the same time.  That would be so wonderful. 
And I am sorry we got the news first but right now all I can do is hyperventilate!!!  *swoon*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

Board footera