BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 21, 2013 12:29 pm  #14581

Re: Favourite Sherlock/Benedict pictures

I love the b&w pics! They say that black and white photos are very unforgiving as they show a lot of flaws that you may not see otherwise. I'm seeing absolutely no flaws here!!

Sherlock - Restoring balance to the universe since 1-1-2012 ~

Gallifrey Stands!!!

October 21, 2013 12:34 pm  #14582

He is not a hero in this film but broken. And flawed. But he makes the character human and convincing as he always does. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 21, 2013 12:41 pm  #14583

Lovelocked wrote:

I love the b&w pics! They say that black and white photos are very unforgiving as they show a lot of flaws that you may not see otherwise. I'm seeing absolutely no flaws here!!

There's no reason to see anyone's flaws (you know, if they have them) in this day and age. With air-brushing and photoshopping, both professional and amateur, we see what the manippers of various kinds want us to see, no more, no less.

October 21, 2013 12:42 pm  #14584

I'm really tempted to buy "Small Island", have been for a while...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

October 21, 2013 1:13 pm  #14585

It's a very good film IMO. Interesting and very well known subject, good acting ensemble. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 21, 2013 1:18 pm  #14586

SolarSystem wrote:

Susi, all those pics are really fantastic! They immediately make me think of Bogart and films by Robert Siodmak (and lots of other directors). It's amazing what you can do by just taking the colour away...!

So true!  The first thing I thought of when I saw that B&W pic was "Casablanca" 

-------------------------------------------------------

October 21, 2013 2:16 pm  #14587

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

October 21, 2013 2:55 pm  #14588

kittykat wrote:

Hmmm...very interesting shot! 

October 21, 2013 2:57 pm  #14589

Ben's looks are just made for those "classic" kindof roles.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 21, 2013 3:05 pm  #14590

I love this shot of Sherlock 

October 21, 2013 4:13 pm  #14591

One of my personal faves.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 21, 2013 5:37 pm  #14592

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

kittykat wrote:

Hmmm...very interesting shot! 

love this one!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

October 21, 2013 6:29 pm  #14593

Cumbersmaug anyone?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/16241796@N06/sets/72157636801657894/
warning tags: strange positions, cumberbum, crinkles, puppy eyes. and a bridge T-shirt!
(sorry if it´s already here anywhere)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

October 21, 2013 6:37 pm  #14594

Mrs.Wenceslas wrote:

Cumbersmaug anyone?
warning tags: strange positions, cumberbum, crinkles, puppy eyes. and a bridge T-shirt!

and...uh....um....hin...no, bu---

No. >tries to control self<

posterior regions.

Good gravy! He really got into it....another reason I (we) like him I think, he's never "too good" for anything. That must have been so much fun!

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

October 21, 2013 8:23 pm  #14595

Mrs.Wenceslas wrote:

Cumbersmaug anyone?

This is too good to be true and really, really interesting. I had no idea he had to give that kind of action for Smaug... it's just great to see that backstage stuff.
And no, I won't comment on anything else. I won't, I won't I won't, I'm well-behaved. Tonight.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

October 21, 2013 8:31 pm  #14596

of course, we know you ;-)

October 21, 2013 8:35 pm  #14597

...and who would be this 'we' you're talking about...?

October 21, 2013 8:39 pm  #14598

October 21, 2013 8:41 pm  #14599

October 21, 2013 8:43 pm  #14600

:-D now I am beaten../without THAT pic/

Board footera