BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 13, 2012 1:03 pm  #1

Louise and Vinette in Milton Keynes

Louise Brearly and Vinette Robinson (Molly and Sally) are appearing at the Milton Keynes Dons Stadium for 'Collectormania'. This event runs from Fri1st June til Sunday 3rd June 2012. Ticketed but free entry. Both ladies are due to appear on the Sunday. There are a number of other guests appearing from Doctor Who and Star Trek etc.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 2, 2012 4:53 am  #2

Re: Louise and Vinette in Milton Keynes

Oh  I  wish I could go there.   I  LOVE  collecting and seeing stars  from tv shows,  I've been to MANY  ST  cons  in the states.   what country  is this in?   

Ok  Vinette  Robinson  I  wish her character would stop calling sherlock  "freak"!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 2, 2012 7:30 am  #3

It is the UK, so a bit far for you to pop over, probably.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 3, 2012 5:50 pm  #4

Cumberbatchweb have post some photos of Lou Brealey at MK On Tumblr.

WW.cumberbatcheb.tumblr.com/post/24339215912/photos-of-louisebrealey-at-collectormania-milton

June 3, 2012 5:52 pm  #5

Corrected link.

www.cumberbatchweb.com/post/24339215912/photos-of-louisebrealey-at-collectormania-milton

June 7, 2012 8:17 am  #6

Oh I have no idea why this doesn't work, lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L19JpQMZbyo
anyway it's an Interview with Lou.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 7, 2012 8:58 am  #7

Thank you, Kazza.
What a lovely interview!

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 7, 2012 9:01 am  #8

She has a funny accent at times.

Geez I sound so critical at times don't I?

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 7, 2012 9:07 am  #9

kazza474 wrote:

Geez I sound so critical at times don't I?

Nothing wrong with it, Kazza - just be yourself!

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 7, 2012 9:23 am  #10

You're right though, she does have a funny accent!

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 7, 2012 9:32 am  #11

It changes, seems 'sweet' sometimes & then seems very 'lower class/common' (and that's not the words I mean but I can't describe it any better)
Boy am I having trouble with words today!

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 7, 2012 9:56 am  #12

Completely loved this. How nice to see her interviewed. Thanks for posting it.

June 7, 2012 12:26 pm  #13

Louise went to the Dame Alice Harpur independent girls' school in Northamptonshire. From there she went to Cambridge to study History. After this she went to the Lee Strasberrg Theatre and Film Istitute in Manhattan. What you have in her natural speaking voice is a mixture of her 'ironed-out' regional accent from the girl's school, mixed with a little of the effects of having been in the states.

It is generally true in the UK that many people with 'posh' accents modify these and most speak with soft or missing Ts in their everyday speech. Benedict does it too, as do the younger members of the Royal Family.

Standard English, as it was once spoken, has been modified by what is commonly known as Estuary English and there has also been a degree of influence from Australian programmes such as Neighbours upon the intonation used in words and sentences. Statements have a tendency to sound like questions.

What sounds 'common' to you is her dropping of the hard 'T' sound at the end of words and sometimes within words and the use of the 'glottal stop' such as when she says 'little' where the 'T' sound is replaced by something resembling a soft click in the mouth.

Of course, when acting, most (but not all) actors adapt their own natural voices when necessary e.g. David Tennant or Ewan McGregor (other nationalities are available).

June 7, 2012 1:04 pm  #14

Thanks for the background Davina!   Yes I can hear it and find it really so interesting.  the dropping of the T's etc.   accents can be so fascinating.  A nice interview.

June 7, 2012 1:29 pm  #15

Thanks Davina, I am hopeless when it comes to accents etc.
We have a standard one down here, lol. Orzstrayleen

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 8, 2012 12:40 pm  #16

Funnily enough years back having originated from near London I then studied in the midlands where i made new friends from there and 'up North' before another year's study back in London. When I first started teaching the kids all thought I was Australian!

Board footera