BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 8, 2013 3:02 pm  #541

Re: Germany board meet up

stoertebeker wrote:

Bit to far for me

Oh, I will be at Hamburg main station in two weeks, with exactly 32 minutes to change trains, if the first train I'm going to take is right on time. I will think of you then!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

October 8, 2013 3:30 pm  #542

You could make a small 20 minute fan meet up then. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 8, 2013 4:07 pm  #543

stoertebeker wrote:

Bit to far for me

Same here Does anyone live in the South at all? Wish I could meet some of you...

By the way: Did anyone else see Lars Mikkelsen in the whodunnit on ZDF last night? I was quite surprised to see him there And they even cracked a Sherlock Holmes joke...

Last edited by SherlockianDE (October 8, 2013 4:09 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I asked you for one more miracle. I asked you to stop being dead." 

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

October 8, 2013 4:19 pm  #544

]Not really in the south, more right in the middle (Frankfurt). I'll be watching "Frankenstein" in Würzburg, though. But that's not right around the corner of Ravensburg, either.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

October 8, 2013 4:28 pm  #545

But Würzburg is my home town, maybe I could pay my parents a visit again When are you there?

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

October 8, 2013 4:32 pm  #546

Well, I'll probably arrive sometime in the late afternoon of the 5th of November, I'll be there for the screening in the evening.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

October 8, 2013 4:39 pm  #547

SolarSystem wrote:

Well, I'll probably arrive sometime in the late afternoon of the 5th of November, I'll be there for the screening in the evening.

OK, that won't work either there's no way I can make it there and then back for work next day on a weekday, especially without a car...
But I hope you'll have fun!

Last edited by SherlockianDE (October 8, 2013 4:40 pm)

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

October 16, 2013 11:36 am  #548

If you are up to any meet ups in the future concerning Benedict's new films, then let me know. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

October 17, 2013 11:24 pm  #549

I'd also love to meet you all! When where - let's plan something? ;) I'm relatively new here so I am allowed to be impatient and excited!

I think I won't make it to Frankenstein in Düsseldorf, but is anybody of you going to watch "The fifth estate" anywhere close to Muenster? Bcs I think I'll be in discussion mood after that film (either concerning the topic, or the Benedict performance, probably both) so company would be fun - talking to myself on the way home from cinema always attracts attention of the wrong kind ;)

Another question, though I think it has come up in another thread (but I can't find that one again right now, grateful if you can point me to it) - where and how are you going to watch series 3, dear Germans? I know I'm crazy, but I was thinking... like a short trip over to BBC-land. Depending on when the series airs (obviously christmas days would be difficult, but January could work...). Anybody else has got similar plans? Maybe? ;)

"It is what it is."

October 18, 2013 6:18 am  #550

Whisky wrote:

...talking to myself on the way home from cinema always attracts attention of the wrong kind ;)

Did you consider getting a skull? 

I am from the North and my working-scheduel is full until the end of the year, so no fan-meetings for me, sadly  .

About watching Sherlock in Germany, I posted the same question in an other thread, here are some answers:
http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=3356&p=121
(beware it is the spoiler thread, but there are no spoilers at this one page).
I think, I'll give filmon.com a try.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

October 18, 2013 3:25 pm  #551

Filmon works fine for me. I'm just a little bit afraid of "internet breakdown" when S3 finally airs. 
Well, but maybe we are lucky.....

October 18, 2013 5:09 pm  #552

Whisky wrote:

I know I'm crazy, but I was thinking... like a short trip over to BBC-land. Depending on when the series airs (obviously christmas days would be difficult, but January could work...). Anybody else has got similar plans? Maybe? ;)

You're not the only crazy one I have actually entertained the same thought... but of course, an airdate would help - then we'd be able to see if there are any cheap flights available or something. For me at least, it all depends on how expensive it would be...

Maybe we can talk again when we know more?

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

October 18, 2013 6:06 pm  #553

Mattlocked wrote:

Filmon works fine for me. I'm just a little bit afraid of "internet breakdown" when S3 finally airs. 
Well, but maybe we are lucky.....

Well, I am going to test that on the 23th November, when the Doctor Who anniversary will air. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

October 18, 2013 7:23 pm  #554

stoertebeker wrote:

Whisky wrote:

...talking to myself on the way home from cinema always attracts attention of the wrong kind ;)

Well, I don't know where from. And well, carrying a skull home from cinema, talking to it... there would be even more attention of the wrong kind, though maybe some of the right kind too, ohgod I'm trying to imagine that... haha :D

Mattlocked wrote:

That's exactly what I don't want to risk ;) Imagine... 5 minutes into the series, excitement to no ends, sitting on the edge of my chair, Sherlock rushing in there's Mrs Hudson or John or Lestrade and I hold my breath and ---- no more. I would... well. Do terrible things. Probably smash my laptop or something. I'd really rather be on the safe side

SherlockianDE wrote:

You're not the only crazy one I have actually entertained the same thought... but of course, an airdate would help - then we'd be able to see if there are any cheap flights available or something. For me at least, it all depends on how expensive it would be...

Maybe we can talk again when we know more?

Yes!! An airdate would definitely help - in any way I can think of. It would be brilliant for travel planning, and even better for my health, and even great for the health of everybody around and close to me (although, with an airdate... would it get any better, or just WORSE? hehe not so sure)

"It is what it is."

October 19, 2013 7:30 am  #555

Whisky wrote:

stoertebeker wrote:

Well, I don't know where from.

If you don't need a real one - Xenos has these

Whisky wrote:

Yes!! An airdate would definitely help - in any way I can think of. It would be brilliant for travel planning, and even better for my health, and even great for the health of everybody around and close to me (although, with an airdate... would it get any better, or just WORSE? hehe not so sure)

I think for me, it would be better - I'd finally have a date to count down to. Although it would definitely rise the excitement even more

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

October 19, 2013 7:48 pm  #556

You crazy, crazy folks are really thinking about flying to London to watch TV? *laughs*
Thank God - there are peeps out there as weird as I am :-)))

I saw a picture of a TV schedule today which says sunday, january 5th and following sundays. But I think its a manipulation thing.
Eh....there´s a bus from Cologne to London for about 35€ -completely! Just saying......

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage"

October 19, 2013 10:49 pm  #557

Hehe, that would be cheaper than the way to Cologne.... 

October 20, 2013 7:55 am  #558

Mattlocked wrote:

Same here

And I don't even need to go to London - I just need to be right on the other side of the Channel, actually; in a hotel room with a TV. That's all I require *totally crazy*

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

October 20, 2013 4:58 pm  #559

SherlockianDE wrote:

Mattlocked wrote:

Same here

And I don't even need to go to London - I just need to be right on the other side of the Channel, actually; in a hotel room with a TV. That's all I require *totally crazy*

Hm. If I got as close as the channel, well, nothing would keep me from just hopping on that ferry. I don't handle temptation well :D Or do you mean like Dover? Haha that would be fun... arriving late afternoon checking into some B&B, staying in all evening watching tv, next day leaving again :D

A question: where exactly can you receive BBC? I would guess, sure, the other side of the Channel, but how far? Is it dependant on satellite reception? I don't know anything about such stuff...

Last edited by Whisky (October 20, 2013 5:01 pm)

"It is what it is."

October 20, 2013 6:28 pm  #560

Whisky wrote:

Or do you mean like Dover? Haha that would be fun... arriving late afternoon checking into some B&B, staying in all evening watching tv, next day leaving again :D

That's exactly what I meant because I thought at least the accommodation wouldn't be as expensive as in London... don't know about the BBC thing, better ask a British forum member I guess

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

Board footera