BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 14, 2013 2:53 am  #781

Re: Free Rants

Hang in there MW.  There's got to be a light at the end of the tunnel!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 16, 2013 9:37 pm  #782

Holier-than-thou types who think they know everything about other people...

*rolls eyes*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

October 18, 2013 2:39 pm  #783

kittykat wrote:

Holier-than-thou types who think they know everything about other people...

*rolls eyes*

Well they sound...<mild phrasing> exceedingly unsociable </mild phrasing>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

October 18, 2013 3:11 pm  #784

Mmmmh.... that somehow reminds me of some special..... sociopath. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 19, 2013 4:22 am  #785

The ongoing Saga of the pain in my arse.

Had a back ache for a week. Went to the doctor. Doctor decides I have a kidney infection. Take antibiotics for a week. No improvement. As a matter of fact the pain just gets worse. Got up this morning and it was almost unbearable. Went back to Doctor office and saw different Dr. This one decided to take x-rays. X-rays show that I have significant arthritis in my spine and that my sciatic nerve is inflamed. *sign* Got two huge shots in my behind. Steroids and pain killers. Got more to take home. Hopefully this will finally put me to rights.
At least at the moment thanks to the shots I can honestly say I am feeling NO pain!

Sitting here drinking ginger ale, munching popcorn and watching the Hobbit.  Loving Martin's adorable little Hobbit face.  *squee*

Also on in the plus column:  The US government shutdown ended.  I AM WORKING AGAIN!!!!

*happy dance*

Last edited by tonnaree (October 19, 2013 4:23 am)

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

October 19, 2013 6:50 am  #786

I've thought about you, tonnaree, when I heard about the end of the shut-down in the news two days ago. So happy for you!

Now get better soon!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

October 19, 2013 11:41 am  #787

Thanks Schmiezi!

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

October 19, 2013 11:51 am  #788

Glad you're feeling better, tonnaree.  That back pain/sciatica thing can be dreadful.  I had a herniated disc a few years ago (better now) but at one point i couldn't even move it was so bad. I'm glad the shots worked for you.
I was feeling the pain of the government shut-down in my own very, very tiny way - not like you - but still enough to upset me. In Boston I work in the area where the the USS Constitution is docked and everyday I love to walk from the train station along the waterfront past the Constitution to my office - about a 25 minute walk.  It's a beautiful, vibrant area - a major stop on the Freedom Trail.  When the government shut down, big ugly chain link fences went up shutting off the whole area.  It became a ghost town and my beautiful walk now involved a detour along a trafficy, busy street. I felt so sad and angry about the whole damn stupidity of the thing.  My pretty walk is back now - but for how long?  Facing this whole mess again in January apparently 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

October 19, 2013 1:57 pm  #789

Thanks KP.  These are some very lovely drugs.    I'm actually kindof giddy right now just to NOT be in pain.

And I am sorry about your walk.  It may seem a little thing but it shows you how much we can take for granted.
The shutdown has/will have effects that we don't even realize yet.  I am grateful to be back at work and that we will get back pay.  Don't know how long it will take them to get us the back pay but ............

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

October 19, 2013 5:21 pm  #790

KeepersPrice wrote:

Glad you're feeling better, tonnaree. That back pain/sciatica thing can be dreadful. I had a herniated disc a few years ago (better now) but at one point i couldn't even move it was so bad. I'm glad the shots worked for you.
I was feeling the pain of the government shut-down in my own very, very tiny way - not like you - but still enough to upset me. In Boston I work in the area where the the USS Constitution is docked and everyday I love to walk from the train station along the waterfront past the Constitution to my office - about a 25 minute walk. It's a beautiful, vibrant area - a major stop on the Freedom Trail. When the government shut down, big ugly chain link fences went up shutting off the whole area. It became a ghost town and my beautiful walk now involved a detour along a trafficy, busy street. I felt so sad and angry about the whole damn stupidity of the thing. My pretty walk is back now - but for how long? Facing this whole mess again in January apparently

Oh baby I am so sorry for you. I love to walk in to woods my self, and if I couldn't it would just kill me.
I hope things get better for you soon. 

Madwitch 58
The Madwitch of the Midwest

October 20, 2013 8:24 pm  #791

Anti-spasmodics are the way to go. I also had a slipped disc. I would try & get a follow up for your spine as at the moment to symptoms are being treated but not the underlying cause. I wish you well.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 29, 2013 11:24 am  #792

Quick rant. The local cinema announced the original version in 3D of Thor: The Dark World on Thursday. I was looking so much forward to it because I hate the german dubbing so I thought I wouldn't have to put up with it at all. Well, guess what, turns out that they're only showing the OV on Tuesday and Wednesday next week at 8 pm. Oh, it's not like school is going to start again next week so of course I will go to the cinema at 8 pm, return at home at 11 pm, have six hours of sleep and attend my school exams the next morning like a zombie. Yeah. That's gonna happen. F*** you dearly, cinema. 
Sorry, I just thought that the local cinema would finally handle something successfully and then it has to disappoint again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

October 29, 2013 12:03 pm  #793

They are probably not expecting people in the OV, who still go to school. Maybe in the morning, with their teacher. 
Come on!! You are young! Others go to parties in the middle of the week!!
Just joking. I fully understand, I would have problems, too.
But I think it's a money thing. They want more visitors at weekends, and sadly won't get them with OVs. That's why we here don't get any OVs anymore. 

October 29, 2013 12:14 pm  #794

Yes, the dubbing thing again. No cinema in my town to show the original version of "The Fifth Estate" - not even any in a reasonable distance.. (Ok, as I'll be in London from Thursday on I might be able to see it there...) And some good news:  My  Metropolis cinema will show The Hobbit in OV with German subtitles.

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

October 29, 2013 12:25 pm  #795

Same here with "The Fifth Estate", but I still have the tiny hope that maybe they'll show the original version in the second week - they sometimes do this here.
Ha, but they they do indeed show "Thor" from Thursday until Sunday three times a day, so that's something... and sorry, Mary, I totally understand you. I mostly try to avoid screenings in the evenings all together, because the more people are sitting in the audience, the greater the chance of having a bunch of total idiots sitting right next to or behind me...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

October 29, 2013 12:48 pm  #796

SolarSystem wrote:

..... I mostly try to avoid screenings in the evenings all together, because the more people are sitting in the audience, the greater the chance of having a bunch of total idiots sitting right next to or behind me...

Yes, but I have the feeling that the "total idiots" are anyway quite rare when you watch OV, right? 

October 29, 2013 12:59 pm  #797

Oh, don't say that, Mattlocked! Okay, you're mostly right, and they're probably not total idiots, but lately I even had the strangest 'encounters' in art house cinemas. You wouldn't believe it...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

October 29, 2013 3:38 pm  #798

SolarSystem wrote:

Oh, don't say that, Mattlocked! Okay, you're mostly right, and they're probably not total idiots, but lately I even had the strangest 'encounters' in art house cinemas. You wouldn't believe it...

You're making me curious...

October 29, 2013 4:25 pm  #799

FluteLocked wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

You're making me curious...

Me too. *grabs popcorn* Go, tell us.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

October 29, 2013 8:32 pm  #800

**High five!**

Board footera