BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 6, 2012 9:29 am  #1

Queensland has winter - don't laugh at me!

Our sunny beautiful state has begun it's 4 - 6 weeks of Winter weather. During this time, we freeze our sub tropical butts off, lamenting the warmer weather we are so used to.

Please do not laugh at the low temperatures reported here, to us it's darn freezing!!!!
The snow is about hmmmm 3- 4 hours drive South of here.

And still, I have never seen it, lol.
Oh, on teh weather report at the end, I live between the Brisbane & Redlands areas pointed out.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 6, 2012 9:46 am  #2

Re: Queensland has winter - don't laugh at me!

29 degrees?!
I'd die for that!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 6, 2012 9:57 am  #3

Molly Hooper wrote:

29 degrees?!
I'd die for that!

Oh that's Weipa in the far North. No such thing as Winter up there!

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 6, 2012 10:02 am  #4

Have you had snow yet?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 

June 6, 2012 10:14 am  #5

Oh heck no. If it snows here, the world would have frozen over!!! Very slim chance of that ever happening here.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 6, 2012 11:03 am  #6

Sorry that this is totally off topic but I was just wondering...

kazza, if you're so into punctuation and grammatical correctness then why doesn't your username have a capital letter?
Sorry for being a pain but it's just bugging me... 

June 6, 2012 11:14 am  #7

Names do not need to follow spelling & grammar rules.

It's what defines us.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 6, 2012 11:16 am  #8

Ahh...

*Nods head - supposedly understanding*

June 6, 2012 3:36 pm  #9

I approve of Kazza posing 'teh' instead of 'the' in her opening post!

It's around 14 Celsius here - freacking freezing Mr Bigglesworth.

-m0r

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

June 6, 2012 3:45 pm  #10

m0r1arty wrote:

I approve of Kazza posing 'teh' instead of 'the' in her opening post!

Me too, very... Free-thinking!

June 6, 2012 3:53 pm  #11

She's a free-stylin' poet and she don't even know it!!

Waxin' lyrical from the umbilical!!!

-m0r

June 6, 2012 3:56 pm  #12

I'm not sure how that compares to your past acrostics, it's a totally different genre!

June 6, 2012 4:02 pm  #13

Kazza may be a direct descendant of the trilobites, but she knows love when she sees it.

-m0r

June 6, 2012 4:12 pm  #14

Oh Yes! Now you mention it...
There is some sort of resemblance... 

June 6, 2012 5:45 pm  #15

4-6 weeks? Oh you poor things. We are now in our Summer, in theory. The other night it fell to 4 degrees overnight. Today it climbed to the dizzy  heights of about 18 degrees, although the other week we did have some lovely days an the mid twenties. Our winter seems to start in November and has continued until now.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 6, 2012 5:56 pm  #16

We had some horrible rain at a about 2pm today! Summer showers have arrived

June 6, 2012 5:56 pm  #17

I was in the UK from November till February. That's two winters this year for me, granted there was a nice spell from February until last week - makes up for Hurricane Bawbag I suppose.

I'm thinking the tropics suit me better - much more my cup of tea.

-m0r

June 6, 2012 6:13 pm  #18

You seem to travel a lot!

June 6, 2012 6:20 pm  #19

Spinning a thousand webs takes time and travel Molly.

Plus it's fun

-m0r

June 6, 2012 6:25 pm  #20

Well, the furthest I've ever been is france...
I guess that explains the Boring-ness of my life 

Board footera