BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 19, 2012 5:49 pm  #21

Re: Emmy Awards

YAAAAY! So proud of our show

Brilliant! They are nominated in like every category :D
The waiting will be hard but to be a nominee is already an achievement. Haven't expected less from Sherlock!

That makes the ceremony actually worth watching! But I can't because of the time difference (maybe they repeat it on TV?)

A nomination on his birthday... perfect timing

July 19, 2012 5:58 pm  #22

Sammy wrote:

Yeah I think it's 10 nominations (?).

It's actually 13, if I'm not wrong

About the chances... we'll see, but the competitors are pretty strong

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

July 19, 2012 6:03 pm  #23

Sorry...didn't see other thread...moderators, can you merge it or something? 

I don't know about our chances. I haven't really seen any of the other miniseries. I hope we'll win, though 

July 19, 2012 6:25 pm  #24

Well,  if I was on the panel of voters,  I'd vote for Sherlock   cos I  haven't seen any of the other noms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 19, 2012 6:29 pm  #25

Oh, yes, 13 right. For some reason the site I looked at didn't list the sound/music ones.  (ignorant!)

I don't know either. Damn :D
But I'm already over the moon over the nominations!

July 19, 2012 6:39 pm  #26

so am I  sammy,  so am I.   I'll be watching the emmys this year,  for sure.  do you think Our Boys  will be there?

Thanks for merging this thread with the other one!!

Last edited by sherlockskitty (July 19, 2012 6:41 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 19, 2012 6:53 pm  #27

They might be. But they're always so busy! Then again, the Emmys are quite a big deal, so they might take some time off for them. I guess at least Moftiss will be there!

July 19, 2012 7:13 pm  #28

Ah wonderful!!!  12 Emmy nominations for Sherlock :D

Oh, I really have to watch the ceremony this year!

--------------------------------------------------
Crime in Progress. Please Disturb.

July 20, 2012 1:39 am  #29

I think anything/anyone having to do with Game Change will win.  It got a lot of coverage here in the States it's an American Story which I think may play a part in it.  Plus, all the actors are beloved here. 

For me, as much as I loved Game Change, it certainly didn't wow me to the extent that Sherlock did.  I'm hopeful that Sherlock will win in every category where it's nominated, but not holdng my breath.

July 20, 2012 4:07 am  #30

Here's a link to the PBS page where Masterpiece toots its horn about all the Emmy nominations it received:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/classic/emmys.html?elq=93736b10eef34d2ba35631ec06db697b&elqCampaignId=392

Rebecca Easton, the executive producer of Masterpiece, said: "... And Sherlock rocks with 13 nominations. Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss are television geniuses and it's gratifying that the Acadamy [sic] has recognized that."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

July 20, 2012 5:48 pm  #31

Summary of all the Tweets by those involved and nominated.

MARK GATISS: Thanks for all your kind words about the Emmy nominations for #Sherlock we're thrilled.
STEVEN MOFFAT: Delighted with Sherlock Emmy norms shouldn't single people out- but I am extra pleased for @paul_mcGuigan. Best director in the world.
SUE VERTUE: Just been woken up in Yosemite by being told #Sherlock has 13 (yes thirteen!!) Emmy norms. There are worse wake up calls or am I dreaming.
PAUL MCGUIGAN: I think I'npve just got an #emmy nomination for #Sherlock along with Benedict, @steven_moffat, Martin and the show itself. Yay!
Yay! Well done @DavidGArnold and @michael_price for a well deserved #emmy nomination for your amazing work on #Sherlock.
So pleased thatn@Eirahc0801 @arwelwjones and Fabian Wagner where( sic) also # Emmy nominated. Very proud of the team #Sherlock.
(For your reference @Eirahc0801 is Charlie Phillips).
ARWEL JONES: Thanks to everyone for their kind messages and congratulations to Hartswood and all the cast and crew #Sherlock.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 15, 2012 12:08 pm  #32

Do you think they'll go the Emmys? I want a big Sherlock presence there, although I'm a bit pessimistic about a actual win, especially in the actor categories. They're usually very self-concentrated there.

And a big YEAH for fellow German Fabian Wagner !

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

September 21, 2012 7:51 am  #33

If you take a close look you'll see who'll be at the Emmys.  And on a seat next to the aisle which is ideal for jumping up and going to the stage to grab the award.

Last edited by SusiGo (September 21, 2012 7:53 am)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 21, 2012 8:59 am  #34

You mean the seat next to the aisle in row 4?! That black curly hair dressed in black?! I wonder who'll be his date? Mummy?

Could that be a picture of Martin behind him, couldn't tell!

----------

September 21, 2012 10:14 am  #35

O.K. I'm answering my question myself 
Look at that photo behind BCs seat and then look at the pic below! My good I really have eyes like a hawk!

----------

September 21, 2012 10:21 am  #36

Oh yes, that's the one. So they're sitting behind each other, both at the aisle, ready to jump and … 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 21, 2012 10:48 am  #37

SusiGo wrote:

Oh yes, that's the one. So they're sitting behind each other, both at the aisle, ready to jump and … 

God, I hope they have a reason to jump and.....

But when I look at the predictions on several pages, they are not even mentioned to have a chance , not that's a surprise, it's too cool for the Emmys/US TV industry anyway

----------

September 21, 2012 1:18 pm  #38

Ivy wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

God, I hope they have a reason to jump and.....

But when I look at the predictions on several pages, they are not even mentioned to have a chance , not that's a surprise, it's too cool for the Emmys/US TV industry anyway

If anything foreign wins in the miniseries categories, it'll likely be Downton Abbey-- much better-known and more followed. Sherlock is a dark horse. Most Americans have not seen it.

I am *thrilled* that the guys are going! I know how Martin hates that Hollywood scene, but...  what an honor for the show to be nominated in all those categories, and I'm so glad he and Ben will be there.

September 21, 2012 7:27 pm  #39

Seems that I will again have to act against my time zone in the night between Sunday and Monday...

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

September 21, 2012 7:58 pm  #40

tobeornot221b wrote:

Seems that I will again have to act against my time zone in the night between Sunday and Monday...

Will they run it with German subtitles?

Board footera