BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 3, 2012 11:17 pm  #1

Hi from Pennsylvania :)

Hello Everyone-

My name is Janine. I live in Harrisburg Pennsylvania and I am so delighted to have found this community. I am so impressed with the intelligent witty commentary on this board, a perfect compliment to the show. Thank you so much for having me. Oops after watching Irene Adler, I better rephrase that

I am new to the show, having been introduced to it by my boyfriend as Season 2 began here on PBS only a few short weeks ago. So all you experts please be gentle with me until I catch up on all the nuances of each episode. I am off to a good start. After being completely enthralled and mesmerized after seeing A Scandal in Belgravia, I went out the following day and bought all the other episodes and have watched each one a few times over.

I do not watch a lot of TV other than news or old movies on TCM because most of it here in america is dumbed down shlock. The last tV show I was really captivated by was the show Lost. I was in mourning in when it concluded and I was sure I would not find anything else as brilliantly written or with characters so intricate and delicious. I was wrong. I've found it in Sherlock and I am so excited. TV is fun again!

I grew up loving all the Sherlock Holmes stories, loved the Basil Rathbone WWII Grade B movies, and thought the Granada TV series with Jeremy Brett was brilliant and spot on true to the books. But none of the earlier adaptations are as fun, as clever as Sherlock.

I love Benedict Cumberbatch  (god he is sexy), Andrew Scott and Lara Pulver and Martin Freeman was a fave of mine from The Office. Those four characters have such great chemistry and are so deliciously over the top. I just pray they bring back Irene Adler and that Moriarty is not dead.

Anyway that is all for now. Look forward to chatting with you all

Janine with a Sentimental Pulse

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disguise is always a self portrait

June 3, 2012 11:29 pm  #2

Re: Hi from Pennsylvania :)

Hi, Janine!  I just joined this board a few days ago and I'm sure you'll find it great, as I have.  Everyone is very welcoming!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

June 4, 2012 1:00 am  #3

Welcome to the forum = ).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wanted! Schrödinger's cat. Dead and alive."

June 4, 2012 1:09 am  #4

Thank you Sherli and Milkomeda Ah the fair Irene. My boyfriend is making me wear my hair that way frequently lately

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 4, 2012 1:36 am  #5

Hi Janine!    I hope you have a great time here while we all wait for Series 3.   Welcome!

June 4, 2012 1:46 am  #6

Thanks jenosborn

June 4, 2012 2:11 am  #7

Another east-coaster!!

Welcome to the forum. Have fun. Post a lot. Enjoy the theories. Put down that whip.

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

June 4, 2012 2:29 am  #8

Thanks Tantalus God help the poor man but the whip is the only incentive I have to make the boyfriend empty the rubbish bin

June 4, 2012 11:18 am  #9

Hellooooo! And welcome to the forum for everything Sherlockian, plus other stuff as well. Enjoy!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 4, 2012 11:43 am  #10

Yes, Welcome SP!

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 4, 2012 1:22 pm  #11

Thank you Davina and Molly

June 4, 2012 3:59 pm  #12

Hi SP,
what a sweet introduction - welcome! Make yourself feel at home and have fun with us slightly crazy bunch of Sherlockians.

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 4, 2012 4:34 pm  #13

Thank you tobeornot221b You're very kind. Love your nickname !

June 23, 2012 9:37 am  #14

Hi there sentimental pulse!!  We've met.   love your avatar, BTW  did you make it yourself?  welcome to our zany world.  I love it here and I'm sure you will too!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 23, 2012 11:07 am  #15

Kitty...thank you so much. I do enjoy reading all your wonderful comments Yes I made this avatar myself. It is supposed to be a cartoonized pic of me standing outside 221B. But the 221B got cut off at the top. Oh well still enough of a clue for us to follow

June 23, 2012 11:20 am  #16

Hello, SP, I think we've met elsewhere in this forum but I still want to say welcome, make yourself at home, put the tea kettle on, straighten that Union Jack pillow and stretch yourself out on the sofa  .

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 23, 2012 11:44 am  #17

Thanks Susi

June 23, 2012 6:10 pm  #18

beautiful job,  SP  love the hair.  I recognized the door anyway.  Lucky lady,  you!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 27, 2012 9:06 am  #19

Hey there SP...sorry for the late welcome, but welcome anyway. 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 27, 2012 11:02 am  #20

Thanks SH!

Board footera