BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 5, 2013 9:04 pm  #201

Re: Languages

Thumbs up to us non-native-speakers!

Really, I think the language here is wonderful. I've seen German forums where Germans wrote so badly I couldn't stand it.
And even though here there are mistakes and minor misunderstandings sometimes, you can see that everyone is trying to keep it at this level.

So, actually it needs to read: Thumbs up to everyone!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

April 5, 2013 9:16 pm  #202

But native Brits are all just bowled over by the high standard of the English of non Brits.
You all put us to shame!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 5, 2013 9:23 pm  #203

besleybean wrote:

But native Brits are all just bowled over by the high standard of the English of non Brits.
You all put us to shame!

Yeah, you know, in reality this is all part of one hell of a conspiracy. We all don't really care about Sherlock, we're just hanging around to put shame on you folks!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

April 5, 2013 9:42 pm  #204

Am yet to come across a non-roman alphabet based writing system in this thread. Let's have some Thai script, Japanese kana, Korean hangul, Indian sanscrit, Chinese hanzi, Russian cyrillic script, Greek alphabet, Hebrew alephbet, Arabic abjad, Egyptian hieroglyphs, Braille, Blissymbols, Tengwar, digial binary, and morse code.

Last edited by saturnR (April 5, 2013 9:45 pm)

April 5, 2013 10:57 pm  #205

Runes! Cuneiform! And, perhaps, a little Elvish?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 6, 2013 4:38 am  #206

April 6, 2013 5:37 am  #207

Oh gosh! Now I'll have to get my Elvish dictionary out! 
Any ancient Sumerians out there ready to make my day?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 6, 2013 6:45 am  #208

That was from wikipedia; article on Tengwar - the font found in the LOTR. passage is a transcription from universal declaration of human rights. Obviously I can't read Tenwar myself but I was thinking, if the actual Universal Declaration was written in Tengwar, people might take it more seriously than they do now

April 6, 2013 7:00 am  #209

We could only hope and yes, it's beautiful.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 6, 2013 6:57 pm  #210

besleybean wrote:

You all put us to shame!

Including of us Americans?

April 7, 2013 12:47 am  #211

Including of you of course! 

April 7, 2013 4:51 am  #212

Thank you. I thinks we talks good here, too.

April 7, 2013 4:58 am  #213

I am of the thinking that you have correctness.

April 8, 2013 12:34 am  #214

Davina wrote:

I am of the thinking that you have correctness.

April 8, 2013 8:27 am  #215

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os-nbjYOy90

Hamish & Andy trying to explain what it means to "have your poo in the one sock"; eventually they do work it out but listen to the lead up to their er... epiphany. Be prepared to laugh you a$$ off

October 24, 2013 11:03 pm  #216

Irene Adler wrote:

Pero... ¿cómo me he perdido yo este hilo?

Me encanta, muchas gracias, Molly. Ya estaba a punto de olvidarme de cómo se teclean los acentos y las eñes españolas

Una fan española, que alegria, hola!!!!!  En el canal Neox de Antena 3 emiten la serie los miércoles por la noche, ¿la sigues? la primera vez que me enteré de la serie fue gracias al canal de televisión catalán TV3 pero no le hice ningúm caso, creí que era una  serie más de sherlock...pero no, me equivoqué, ahora estoy tan enganchada por su buena calidad audiovisual, por el personaje , el actor y las tramas que incluso me  he registrado en este foro, y no me registraba en uno desde hacia muchísimo tiempo.  

Last edited by spanisherlock (October 24, 2013 11:10 pm)

The begining of a great adventure!!!

October 24, 2013 11:27 pm  #217

I'm from Spain and I live in Catalonia, where we speak two languages Spanish and Catalan. TV series "Sherlock" was broadcasted on the Catalan public TV channel and as we usually  use dubbing for all foreign films and series, Sherlock also speaks Catalan!!! ;) 

SHERLOCK  -TV3 (click here)

The begining of a great adventure!!!

October 25, 2013 12:31 pm  #218

Spanisherlock: Ich habe kein leider kein wort verstanden. ...
(Sadly, I didn't understand anything ..)

Tolle Idee,  dieser Thread! (Thread...gibt's ein deutsches Wort dafür? )
Ich finde es sehr interessant auszuprobieren wieviel ich von anderen Sprachen verstehe.
Und jetzt komme ich mit gerade sehr komisch vor,  weil ich auf deutsch schreibe. .. ;)

@SusiGo:
Lustig, dass du Saumagen erwähnt hast!
(Ein paar Seiten vorher)
Helmut Kohl bestellte ihn immer bei dem Metzger in dem Dorf (eigentlich eine Stadt) in dem ich wohne!

October 25, 2013 1:44 pm  #219

Okay lad os se om der er an anden Dansk talende, eller i hvert fald skrivende, der forstår det her

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is it nice not being me? It must be so relaxing.

An apostrophe makes the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

October 25, 2013 2:08 pm  #220

Ormond Sacker wrote:

Okay lad os se om der er an anden Dansk talende, eller i hvert fald skrivende, der forstår det her

Okay, let's see if there is another Danish speaking, or ....., who understands this here.

(Danish and Swedish are quite similar to German, and I learned a bit Swedish, so I tried.....  )

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

Board footera