BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 17, 2017 6:58 pm  #21

Re: Wanted Sherlock to help Eurus escape?

I wonder: if Eurus was able to manipulate even Mycroft to act not entirely reasonably (and she was), and Sherlock is the least intelligent of three siblings - is meeting Eurus completely safe for him? What, if some day she starts again her evil tricks? Could we see controlled by her, evil (only temporarily) Sherlock? 

January 17, 2017 7:02 pm  #22

I hope not.
Because I think those final shots of the relationship built between Euros and Sherlock are just beautiful and so touching.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 17, 2017 7:33 pm  #23

besleybean wrote:

I hope not.
Because I think those final shots of the relationship built between Euros and Sherlock are just beautiful and so touching.

Beautiful for us, but Eurus can change her mind. And then - poor Sherlock... But the audience, I bet, ambivalent: terrified, and delighted the same time 

January 17, 2017 7:35 pm  #24

Well, not me .
I took this to be a beautiful ending:  Sherlock knows exactly how Euros feels...
If he'd 'gone the wrong way', he could well have ended up like her himself.
He also knows how it is to be stuck in solitary...and he only had it for a week.
Most of all, fellow musicians share a special kind of communion.

Last edited by besleybean (January 17, 2017 7:53 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 17, 2017 7:51 pm  #25

I feel a bit ambivalently, like this hypothetical audience - I wish to get both: peaceful  Sherlock, playing to late age together with Eurus - yes. But manipulated, evil Sherlock would be so interesting ;] (Too much watching Moriarty and CS, I guess...)

BTW, I would like to listen the music, created by Eurus. Sherlock composes, she should try and compose too...

Last edited by Naavy (January 17, 2017 7:53 pm)

January 17, 2017 7:53 pm  #26

Yes, that's an interesting one...did she compose?

January 17, 2017 7:58 pm  #27

Well, she wrote that song when she was six.  So I'm sure she could.

January 17, 2017 7:59 pm  #28

Oh of course...so certainly a lyricist and yes, could put a tune to it!

January 17, 2017 8:04 pm  #29

No idea. But I can imagine her, getting bored with ready existent compositions, and starting something, only she can create - music of the genius, comprehensible only for the equally brilliant people

Edit: crossposted!

Oh, yes, she really wrote the song as the child! 

Last edited by Naavy (January 17, 2017 8:07 pm)

January 18, 2017 8:15 pm  #30

I say Eurus did't even kill Redbeard. She just put him in a well and was waiting for Sherlock to come to her for assistance. She didn't actually plan on killing him. That wasn't her goal. And she was just a five year old. Secondly, she burnt the house. Not a big deal. In human history there have been worse things done out of jealousy. Even "normal" children sometimes do weird things. She was just a child misunderstood, lacking attention from her brother and family. The biggest mistake was made when Eurus was taken away from home and locked up. They could have chanelled her in the right way. Instead they chose to isolate her. This is not fair. I want Eurus free!
Moreover, I believe it is possible for her to adapt in the world without killing. She is not a killer by passion. She doesn't take pleasure in it. It was just a means for her of observing Sherlock, studying his reaction. She is not hopeless. If just one hug by Sherlock had such an impact on her, i suppose, a course of therapy from him can cure her. It looks like Sherlock's started that course through violin duets. Provided we have another season, I hope Sherlock gets Eurus out of Sherrinford.

Last edited by Bankomas (January 18, 2017 8:17 pm)

January 18, 2017 8:21 pm  #31

Oh no, I think she meant to kill him.
She more or less said that:  I wanted to play, you had a best friend and I didn't.
I certainly think she needed special care and I think Sherlock recognises that.
I can understand the family concern and why she was interred.  But Sherrinford was a soulless place.  Having said that: she controlled any medic who attempted to help her.
I think she possibly does need to be kept interred, but at least now Sherlock is helping her.
I'm not hopeful of another season.  But it would have been interesting to see what happened with Sherlock and Euros.

January 18, 2017 8:21 pm  #32

But if the things she says are true, they are more disturbing  ... spending a night making Sherlock laugh without realising that he was screaming.   And the horrible story about not knowing whether the person she had sex with was male or female after she'd finished with them (that was as an adult, but still).   It would be nice to think she could be saved, though.

January 18, 2017 8:23 pm  #33

Sherlock is certainly trying to reach out to her.  He's told her she'll be okay because he's there and she'll no longer take the wrong direction.

January 18, 2017 8:35 pm  #34

besleybean wrote:

Oh no, I think she meant to kill him.
She more or less said that:  I wanted to play, you had a best friend and I didn't.
I certainly think she needed special care and I think Sherlock recognises that.
I can understand the family concern and why she was interred.  But Sherrinford was a soulless place.  Having said that: she controlled any medic who attempted to help her.
I think she possibly does need to be kept interred, but at least now Sherlock is helping her.
I'm not hopeful of another season.  But it would have been interesting to see what happened with Sherlock and Euros.

I assume if she just meant to kill the boy as an end in itself, there wouldn't have been any riddle-song.

Last edited by Bankomas (January 18, 2017 8:36 pm)

January 18, 2017 8:38 pm  #35

I personally think she just didn't care if he was found or not...if he had been, she may have had another go at him.

January 18, 2017 8:42 pm  #36

besleybean wrote:

I personally think she just didn't care if he was found or not...if he had been, she may have had another go at him.

That's open for interpretation. Can't be proven

January 18, 2017 8:44 pm  #37

But if she's wanted to save him...she easily could have done.

January 18, 2017 8:49 pm  #38

besleybean wrote:

But if she's wanted to save him...she easily could have done.

She was a child. It's hard to tell how her brain observed the situation. She could be scared as well of what she's done. Scared the parents would be angry. We would never know. Maybe she was waiting till the very last moment for Sherlock to come to her room. But he never did. And to hell with Redbeard. Even Sherlock forgot him. Prolly wasn't that good of a friend. Family comes first.

January 18, 2017 8:55 pm  #39

I am sorry, but that strikes me as a tad unfair.
Sherlock clearly loved Victor and was so traumatised at his loss, he couldn't even cope with it and his brain tricked him into thinking it didn't happen...this is a well known trope for dealing with severe trauma.
Sherlock is only lucky he has a second chance with another friend he loves.

January 18, 2017 8:56 pm  #40

I was kidding. 

Board footera