BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?



January 17, 2017 6:46 am  #81


Re: Questions about TFP

John seemed to still have his own house.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the
 

January 17, 2017 7:04 am  #82


Re: Questions about TFP

besleybean wrote:

John seemed to still have his own house.

 
We see no indication for that. I don't think he could afford a house and child care at the same time. Besides, even Mary calls them her 221b Baker Street boys.  They are both living there now.


-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/love.gif Context matters.
 

January 17, 2017 7:08 am  #83


Re: Questions about TFP

ewige wrote:

besleybean wrote:

John seemed to still have his own house.

 
We see no indication for that. I don't think he could afford a house and child care at the same time. Besides, even Mary calls them her 221b Baker Street boys. They are both living there now.

I agree. John definitly still had his own flat/house when he received Mary's DVD, but I also understood the last montage in a way that later, they were both living at 221b Baker Street again.
 

 

January 17, 2017 7:13 am  #84


Re: Questions about TFP

I think he was just visiting.
Not a good place for a child.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the
 

January 17, 2017 7:15 am  #85


Re: Questions about TFP

Kae Em wrote:

ewige wrote:

besleybean wrote:

John seemed to still have his own house.

 
We see no indication for that. I don't think he could afford a house and child care at the same time. Besides, even Mary calls them her 221b Baker Street boys. They are both living there now.

I agree. John definitly still had his own flat/house when he received Mary's DVD, but I also understood the last montage in a way that later, they were both living at 221b Baker Street again.
 

I see it that way too. :-)


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q666/Schmiezi/f78f2088-06ef-444c-b254-d9efa841bc19_zps435390b3.png      http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q666/Schmiezi/140545df-e987-4a67-9272-fa8b2742790c_zpsa8b00ed8.png

"Quick, man, if you love me."
 

January 17, 2017 7:18 am  #86


Re: Questions about TFP

I like that thought


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"
https://secure.static.tumblr.com/366e007c7d5d80b608050b4c5e841fb6/clrlpmh/wV7o0y8be/tumblr_static_tumblr_static__640.gif
"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr I AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5
 

January 17, 2017 7:22 am  #87


Re: Questions about TFP

I just think John and Rosie were visiting.
Greg turns up needing the boys on  case, so Molly is called to babysit.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the
 

January 17, 2017 7:26 am  #88


Re: Questions about TFP

Kae Em wrote:

ewige wrote:

besleybean wrote:

John seemed to still have his own house.

 
We see no indication for that. I don't think he could afford a house and child care at the same time. Besides, even Mary calls them her 221b Baker Street boys. They are both living there now.

I agree. John definitly still had his own flat/house when he received Mary's DVD, but I also understood the last montage in a way that later, they were both living at 221b Baker Street again.
 

I like the idea very much (of course!), but - where? There is only one free room left, on the second floor. The little girl will need her own room soon, and the flat will be simply too small.
I also believe, John, as the retired soldier, gets some money, and he still can work. And I guess, Mary's previous job was rather good priced, and Mary most likely left to her family all her savings. 

Last edited by Naavy (January 17, 2017 7:29 am)

 

January 17, 2017 7:30 am  #89


Re: Questions about TFP

John and Sherlock will not share a room.
Will seriously impede John' dating action.
Unless they agree that he always goes to his girlfriend's house and Sherlock only ever meets Irene at the Harvester.
Rosie would have to be in the downstairs room as well.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the
 

January 17, 2017 8:32 am  #90


Re: Questions about TFP

besleybean wrote:

John and Sherlock will not share a room.
Will seriously impede John' dating action.
Unless they agree that he always goes to his girlfriend's house and Sherlock only ever meets Irene at the Harvester.
Rosie would have to be in the downstairs room as well.

I agree, except "downstairs room" - you mean Sherlock's room?  Or 221 C?
 

Last edited by Naavy (January 17, 2017 8:32 am)

 

January 17, 2017 8:39 am  #91


Re: Questions about TFP

kgreen20 wrote:

Not a bad idea, but who would pay the nanny's salary?  John can't afford to, since he's not rich, so the Holmeses would have to do so.
 

Mary expected she might die. She had good life insuarance, John is receiving monthly rent from it now a Rosie will get the rest  at certain age (or how such things work). She had also a secret account with money from her previous life that she could not have admit to John while he did not know she was an assassin.  
Shortly , we can consider money no problem for John. 

 

 

January 17, 2017 8:41 am  #92


Re: Questions about TFP

Schmiezi wrote:

Do John and Rosie live at 221b at the end?

I believe, they are on the visit..

kgreen20 wrote:

Naavy wrote:

Preceja wrote:

I think that different age of child actors is the smallest problem. But what to do with her? They must jump several years, now they are in 2015, but it is not enough.
In canon John had several wives, only Mary was  mentioned at least by name. So John can get married again, his wife only mentioned as existing and can take care of Rosie. But I am not sure if it is a good solution. 

I really liked Sherlock's interaction with Archie, and I would be happy to see Archie in the fourth season too. Though there was no place or time to bring him back to the story, i imagine, the next child character could work pretty good too. And, taking into account, that John is the lonely parent now, a nanny (or nannies) as the next new character(s) could be the interesting part of the new season too.
Nannies could take care of 3 or 5 or 7 years old Rosie. And let's add Sherlock, deducing the new nannies, or disguised criminals ;) and new threats - there could be the great variety of new opportunities :D

Not a bad idea, but who would pay the nanny's salary?  John can't afford to, since he's not rich, so the Holmeses would have to do so. 

He is the retired soldier, who was shot - he surely gets some money because it. And he works. But, what is more important - Mary was the "agent"- assassin, I believe she was good paid for it, and surely preserved some money. 

Crossposting, Preceja, but we think the same way

Last edited by Naavy (January 17, 2017 8:43 am)

 

January 17, 2017 8:48 am  #93


Re: Questions about TFP

Preceja wrote:

kgreen20 wrote:

Not a bad idea, but who would pay the nanny's salary?  John can't afford to, since he's not rich, so the Holmeses would have to do so.
 

Mary expected she might die. She had good life insuarance, John is receiving monthly rent from it now a Rosie will get the rest  at certain age (or how such things work). She had also a secret account with money from her previous life that she could not have admit to John while he did not know she was an assassin.  
Shortly , we can consider money no problem for John. 

 

Or we can apply the Occam's razor and pick the version that needs the fewest assumptions.

Making 221b suitable for a child is way easier than finding Mary's non-existing life insurance.
221b saves John a lot of the rent and a lot of potential babysitter costs what with Mrs. Husdon in the same house.
Sherlock can easily move his experiments to 221c.
 

Last edited by ewige (January 17, 2017 8:52 am)


-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/love.gif Context matters.
 

January 17, 2017 8:51 am  #94


Re: Questions about TFP

Naavy wrote:

He is the retired soldier, who was shot - he surely gets some money because it. And he works. But, what is more important - Mary was the "agent"- assassin, I believe she was good paid for it, and surely preserved some money. 

Crossposting, Preceja, but we think the same way

It's been established that John can't afford London on his army pension.
It hasn't been established that Mary had cash secreted away somewhere. She has been definitely well-paid in the past but a life on the run takes its toll. Besides, Ajay must have been paid just as handsomly and we see him in a bedsit it TST instead of a James Bond style residence.

Last edited by ewige (January 17, 2017 8:52 am)


-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/love.gif Context matters.
 

January 17, 2017 9:00 am  #95


Re: Questions about TFP

ewige wrote:

Naavy wrote:

He is the retired soldier, who was shot - he surely gets some money because it. And he works. But, what is more important - Mary was the "agent"- assassin, I believe she was good paid for it, and surely preserved some money. 

Crossposting, Preceja, but we think the same way

It's been established that John can't afford London on his army pension.
It hasn't been established that Mary had cash secreted away somewhere. She has been definitely well-paid in the past but a life on the run takes its toll. Besides, Ajay must have been paid just as handsomly and we see him in a bedsit it TST instead of a James Bond style residence.

Ajaj needed to keep the low profile, and he did not really care, how he lived - he wanted only to revenge.
John was short of money, but he had no work then, and Sherlock's cases also sometimes were profitable (like in TBB).. 
And Mary's run was not really expensive, rather smart. I really doubt, if a bit of traveling could be enough to empty her account.

 

January 17, 2017 9:25 am  #96


Re: Questions about TFP

Naavy wrote:

ewige wrote:

It's been established that John can't afford London on his army pension.
It hasn't been established that Mary had cash secreted away somewhere. She has been definitely well-paid in the past but a life on the run takes its toll. Besides, Ajay must have been paid just as handsomly and we see him in a bedsit it TST instead of a James Bond style residence.

Ajaj needed to keep the low profile, and he did not really care, how he lived - he wanted only to revenge.
John was short of money, but he had no work then, and Sherlock's cases also sometimes were profitable (like in TBB).. 
And Mary's run was not really expensive, rather smart. I really doubt, if a bit of traveling could be enough to empty her account.

Bit of travelling not.... but those doctored documents proving her false identity would be expensive as hell.


-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

http://49.media.tumblr.com/eb0e156f55878fcd6f89dcf91ae89811/tumblr_o0eyyzrphE1spvwrzo2_1280.gif
 

January 17, 2017 9:34 am  #97


Re: Questions about TFP

Another problem:

Eurus not only hypnotised the entire staff at Sherrinford, she obviously kidnapped lots of people and used them as props in her impromptu "gladiator games".
Who was doing the kidnappings? Even hypnotised, the staff at Sherrinford is hardly qualified at a job like this.
Does Eurus hire a bunch of highly proffessional kidnappers who are able to make people disappear without the clues for the police to find?
If yes, how does Eurus pay for all this? Such people would not do a job for her as charity....
All in all, can you explain the logistics behind her actions - how is she able to orchestrate all of this?


-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

http://49.media.tumblr.com/eb0e156f55878fcd6f89dcf91ae89811/tumblr_o0eyyzrphE1spvwrzo2_1280.gif
 

January 17, 2017 9:36 am  #98


Re: Questions about TFP

By the way, Sherlock could not have afforded Baker street alone, too at the beginning and his cases are profitable only sometimes. How is it that now he has no problem with money and rent? Or has he a special price (or more special price then before) from Ms. Hudson? 

 

January 17, 2017 9:37 am  #99


Re: Questions about TFP

@nakahara,
She could have talked all the professionals into working for her as charity http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/grin.png

Yeah. Deus ex machina. When the show gets too clever for its own good towards the end.

 

Last edited by ewige (January 17, 2017 9:38 am)


-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/love.gif Context matters.
 

January 17, 2017 9:42 am  #100


Re: Questions about TFP

Preceja wrote:

By the way, Sherlock could not have afforded Baker street alone, too at the beginning and his cases are profitable only sometimes. How is it that now he has no problem with money and rent? Or has he a special price (or more special price then before) from Ms. Hudson? 

Why do we believe Sherlock when he says that he can´t afford the Baker Street flat?
He obviously has no problems with money - using cabs as his main means of transportation, doing his job for free, refusing money from Sebastian Wilkes, offering John his bank account in TBB...
When he says that they can afford the flat together, I believe he just wants to lure some flatmate into Baker Street, because he hates to be alone - but maybe he is in fact very rich?
 

Last edited by nakahara (January 17, 2017 9:43 am)


-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

http://49.media.tumblr.com/eb0e156f55878fcd6f89dcf91ae89811/tumblr_o0eyyzrphE1spvwrzo2_1280.gif
 

Board footera

 

Powered by Boardhost. Create a Free Forum