BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 26, 2017 5:28 pm  #381

Re: Questions about TFP

Meggie K wrote:

besleybean wrote:

I actually do have a theory regarding the last part of your post, on how much they want to use Andrew(well a few theories, actually!)...but as I love him, I don't mind!

The teeth? He DID ask if they had any cannibals at Sherrinford.

A cannibal murderer in "Sherlock"? ;D Mofftiss should buy this idea from you, it could be huge!

...BTW: perhaps a new topic, with our theories about "Sherlock", would be useful? It looks, like everybody have them...

January 26, 2017 5:30 pm  #382

Yuk.
No, my idea was a combination of people recognising Andrew's talent, knowing he is hugely popular with the fans and certain individuals just enjoying him!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 26, 2017 5:40 pm  #383

besleybean wrote:

Yuk.
No, my idea was a combination of people recognising Andrew's talent, knowing he is hugely popular with the fans and certain individuals just enjoying him!

A bit too briefly for me...  :[ What does this have to do with Moriarty's "tick-tock"?

January 26, 2017 5:41 pm  #384

Oh I see, I may have misunderstood you!
You like me would have preferred more Andrew?
Sorry, I thought you were saying his appearances were annoying and unnecessary!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 26, 2017 6:10 pm  #385

The first part was fantastic, and I love it! But the second part, when he could be replaced by a big clock (like in "24" for example), or just a sound - it was only the waist of the AS's talent. 

January 26, 2017 6:12 pm  #386

Oh I just thought he was great, but sorry, I already said that!

January 26, 2017 6:21 pm  #387

besleybean wrote:

Oh I just thought he was great, but sorry, I already said that!

Indeed, his Moriarty was amazing :D I believe, A.S deserves much more, than he got to perform in the second part of this episode, that's all.

January 27, 2017 6:23 pm  #388

I have another question: 
Why uncle Rudy and Mycroft, and not Sherlock's and Mycroft's parents took care of Eurus'es fate, and peace of all their family? And who was really Uncle Rudy?
All we know about him, are his dressing habits (superficial!), but it looks like he was influential enough to take the all responsibility, pass it later to Mycroft, and keep Holmes parents undisturbed (or away?). And they both apparently let Rudy and Mycroft to do it. Is there an another secret?

Last edited by Naavy (January 27, 2017 6:23 pm)

January 28, 2017 8:49 am  #389

Presumably Uncle Rudy and latterly Mycroft, felt the strongest members of the family to deal with the situation.

January 28, 2017 10:55 am  #390

Uncle Rudy - OK, but Mycroft?
I don't want to imagine, what could he feel, when all this story begun. He had to be in real shock too. His little, and brilliant, five years old sister become the murderess. Mycroft most likely was not even home this time ( I guess, he was in the best boarding school in UK ;]  - Sherlock said: "I went through the song, line by line all those years ago and I found nothing. I couldn't find anything!" and not even a word about Mycrotf's help), and he was in very sensible age of 13. Than he discovered, his younger, and even more sensible brother was traumatized so deeply, that he couldn't deal with it, and needed to push everything out of his memory... 
Certainly, Mycrot was very strong, but it looks, like his parents were able to live normally after some time. Why they never tried and regained the control on Eurus'es live?

January 28, 2017 11:00 am  #391

Maybe Mycroft thought she was irredeemable?

Last edited by besleybean (January 28, 2017 11:19 am)

January 28, 2017 11:16 am  #392

Naavy wrote:

I don't want to imagine, what could he feel, when all this story begun. He had to be in real shock too. His little, and brilliant, five years old sister become the murderess. Mycroft most likely was not even home this time ( I guess, he was in the best boarding school in UK ;]  - Sherlock said: "I went through the song, line by line all those years ago and I found nothing. I couldn't find anything!" and not even a word about Mycrotf's help), and he was in very sensible age of 13. Than he discovered, his younger, and even more sensible brother was traumatized so deeply, that he couldn't deal with it, and needed to push everything out of his memory... 

The flashback shows all three children sitting at the table as Eurus sings her song, so I think Mycroft was there at the time. Not sure why he didn't help Sherlock solve the puzzle. Maybe he didn't believe a little girl was capable of murder?

January 28, 2017 11:18 am  #393

besleybean wrote:

Maybe Mycroft thought he was irredeemable?

I just tried to find in the dictionary an another meaning of the word "irredeemable"... Because I don't see, why is it related with Mycroft... And I failed :/
Could you express it with another words, please?

Last edited by Naavy (January 28, 2017 11:19 am)

January 28, 2017 11:21 am  #394

Sorry, typo!
I've been back and corrected it.
I meant she, as in Eurus.
Yes, I mean possibly Mycroft thought she was beyond saving.

January 28, 2017 11:29 am  #395

Meretricious wrote:

Naavy wrote:

The flashback shows all three children sitting at the table as Eurus sings her song, so I think Mycroft was there at the time. Not sure why he didn't help Sherlock solve the puzzle. Maybe he didn't believe a little girl was capable of murder?

I imagine, he was earlier home, or he used to come home during vacation - he has some memories about it. But nor Sherlock, either Mycroft, say any word, he was home in the most important time. 
And I guess, if he was there, Eurus wouldn't feel so alone, and she woudln't kill.

January 28, 2017 11:35 am  #396

besleybean wrote:

Sorry, typo!
I've been back and corrected it.
I meant she, as in Eurus.
Yes, I mean possibly Mycroft thought she was beyond saving.

THX!
But it means, the Holmes'es parents did not see any hope for her too? Did they ever tried to contact her?

...I wonder, maybe uncle Rudy wanted to use her skills for a government, like much later Mycroft did? In this case, uncle Rudy would be someone important in government too?

January 28, 2017 11:37 am  #397

Possibly, but I honestly don't think there would have been that level of intrigue.

January 28, 2017 11:50 am  #398

besleybean wrote:

Possibly, but I honestly don't think there would have been that level of intrigue.

You are right, I started to create the conspiracy theory ;[
That's because they were so nice, when they were shown in the series. And suddenly we are to work out, they left their child in someone's else hands, and forgot? I don't like it.

January 28, 2017 11:53 am  #399

Well, they thought she was dead...

January 28, 2017 12:42 pm  #400

But it had to be years later. I wonder, what happened before he fabricated this story.

Board footera