BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 23, 2017 8:59 am  #201

Re: TFP- Favourite scenes (photos/gifs)

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 23, 2017 8:59 am  #202

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 23, 2017 9:02 am  #203

January 23, 2017 11:47 am  #204

nakahara wrote:

That face!

January 23, 2017 1:30 pm  #205

January 23, 2017 2:20 pm  #206

nakahara wrote:

That blue in Martin's eyes.   *thud*   I've never seen eyes that dark of a blue.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 23, 2017 4:31 pm  #207

I read somewhere, that his eyes are multi-coloured (heterochromia iridis). But here they are really very dark blue...

January 23, 2017 5:03 pm  #208

Naavy wrote:

I read somewhere, that his eyes are multi-coloured (heterochromia iridis). But here they are really very dark blue...

Ben's eyes are multicolored (green or grey) depending on the light.
Martin's are dark blue

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 23, 2017 5:36 pm  #209

They both are supposed to have multicolored eyes, only Ben's are much lighter.
There are his photos: http://crazyformartinfreeman.blogspot.com/2013/05/the-magical-eye-color-of-martin.html , and we can suspect literally everything :/
To make it even more confusing:
http://celebriot.com/martin-freeman-weight-height-ethnicity-hair-color-eye-color Brown? 

January 23, 2017 6:08 pm  #210

nakahara wrote:

My God I love three piece suits, but it's at his hottest when the jacket is removed. I wasn't really listening to the dialogue in that scene, only starring at his outfit. 

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

January 23, 2017 6:09 pm  #211

Naavy wrote:

They both are supposed to have multicolored eyes, only Ben's are much lighter.
There are his photos: http://crazyformartinfreeman.blogspot.com/2013/05/the-magical-eye-color-of-martin.html , and we can suspect literally everything :/
To make it even more confusing:
http://celebriot.com/martin-freeman-weight-height-ethnicity-hair-color-eye-color Brown? 

I think there are at least two threads about Bens eyes.  well they are beautiful....

----------

January 23, 2017 6:10 pm  #212

I loved that interaction between Mycroft and John! It was perfect

I read that thing about Martin's eyes too, but that was ages ago I think... interesting little fact! 

Speaking of eyes... is it just me or does Eurus' eyes seem pretty dark in TFP? Weren't they supposed to be blue? but maybe it's just the lighting... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 23, 2017 6:32 pm  #213

Ivy wrote:

I think there are at least two threads about Bens eyes.  well they are beautiful....

But we were discussing Martin's eyes now ;] 

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

Speaking of eyes... is it just me or does Eurus' eyes seem pretty dark in TFP? Weren't they supposed to be blue? but maybe it's just the lighting... 

They look dark, because the very exaggerated effect of "old film tape", used in the part of the scenes. Very old tapes were non-sensitive to red light, and even the light blue or light green eyes could look on these tapes dark.
Obviously, Eurus was filmed with modern cameras, and in reality such effect should not be observed.

January 23, 2017 6:35 pm  #214

Thank you! I have been thinking about her eyes; actually... (now that sounded creeper than I meant it) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 23, 2017 6:45 pm  #215

With pleasure, everything visual is my hobby

I don't find it creepy at all, Eurus'es eyes can attract attention, and were meant to work in that way. All the "Sherlock's" crew made great work!

January 23, 2017 6:46 pm  #216

Naavy wrote:

Ivy wrote:

I know, Naavy. But you and ewige mentioned Bens multicoloured eyes and I remembered we have thread especially for Bens eyes, that's all.

----------

January 23, 2017 6:56 pm  #217

Ivy wrote:

Naavy wrote:

Ivy wrote:

I know, Naavy. But you and ewige mentioned Bens multicoloured eyes and I remembered we have thread especially for Bens eyes, that's all.

Yeah, they are beautiful! I am going to post in this thread one gif ...  - just not now, it is not ready yet.

January 23, 2017 7:08 pm  #218

On the subject of eyes I have the same thing that Ben and Martin have, my eyes are light blue but with a green/yellow centre so they can appear to be more blue or more green depending on the lighting conditions  

Moving back on to the subject of favourite scenes I pretty much loved Mycroft throughout the episode but the scene where he wanted Sherlock to shoot him over John was just heartbreakingly brilliant.

Last edited by Lis (January 23, 2017 7:26 pm)

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

January 23, 2017 7:20 pm  #219

It was!

Part of what I found so heartbreaking about it was how he corrected his suit; to prepare himself... he really did think it would happen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

January 23, 2017 7:44 pm  #220

Yeah 

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

Board footera