BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 9, 2017 8:58 pm  #1

Eurus - the east wind

If I am correct, than there were one ore two episodes where the east wind was mentioned. But I really cannot remember in which ones. Can someone please help me ??
​(I think it went something like this:"The east wind is coming") (and yes...I know it is close to HBO GOT)

January 9, 2017 9:02 pm  #2

Re: Eurus - the east wind

His last (b/v)ow is when it is mentioned.

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

January 9, 2017 9:38 pm  #3

omg thank you so much!!

January 9, 2017 9:41 pm  #4

Mary Morstan: But he's dead. I mean, you told me he was dead - Moriarty.
Dr. John Watson: Absolutely. Blew his own brains out.
Mary Morstan: So how can he be back?
Dr. John Watson: Well if he is, he'd better wrap up warm. There's an east wind coming.

​Is this a coincidence?

January 10, 2017 4:52 pm  #5

Woah, that blew my mind a little!

The connection to Moriarty makes me think it's not a coincidence. All the speculation around Eurus and "Miss me" and all that plus this are either deliberate attempts to confuse us or actual clues. I lean towards the latter. My question is: did John hear "the east wind" from Mycroft before he said this or was it the first time he/anyone around him had mentioned it?

January 10, 2017 5:34 pm  #6

He heard it from Sherlock.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 10, 2017 5:35 pm  #7

I was asking myself same question. But I don't think that anyone said that before. Maybe was that just a expression or something. And just for a note, they were filming that episode (His last vow) like 2 years before, before (I think so) they even knew if season 4 will be on air... But wouldn't be the greatest twist if John somehow knew about her or he is connected with Moriarty  (it would be totally different from sir Doyles  books, but yet... xD)

January 10, 2017 5:37 pm  #8

when @besleybean ?

January 10, 2017 5:42 pm  #9

The end of HLV.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 10, 2017 6:07 pm  #10

Just to make sure the original story is understood here the "East Wind" is an allusion to the outbreak of the First World War taking place in Germany around the time that His Last Bow was published and that story is written in the third person with Watson and Holmes softly interrogating a spy from Germany prior to drugging him and having him arrested.

Not the best of stories but it is the last of them.

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

January 10, 2017 6:35 pm  #11

And in the Rathbone film, it was updated to the World War II.

January 10, 2017 7:03 pm  #12

A bit more meaty!

January 10, 2017 11:02 pm  #13

I just read somewhere, that the east wind is also from Mycroft's scary childhood story he used to tell Sherlock;" the east wind is coming to get you".

January 11, 2017 6:53 am  #14

It is.
That's what Sherlock told John about.

January 11, 2017 9:22 am  #15

Could Eurus be a spy for unnamed foreign enemy country? Because it is somenthing what would be government people aware of. It does not correspond to the lost memories of Sherlock and influence on his whole life. But she could have done something in childhood for which they separated her from the family and than much later  spy as revenge.  And was punished somehow. 

It would also explained why Mycroft consider Sherlock risk for the safety of the country if not under control - as analogy to his sister. Because otherwise he has no reason to think it from whatever Sherlock has done until now. 

Last edited by Preceja (January 11, 2017 9:26 am)

January 11, 2017 7:53 pm  #16

You mean other than shooting a man in cold blood?

January 11, 2017 8:09 pm  #17

It was no risk for the country.And Mycroft gave him surveillance status 3 already at the begining. As he says, it has nothing to do with the fact he is his brother.

January 11, 2017 8:13 pm  #18

So he says!

January 11, 2017 8:20 pm  #19

A stupid thing to say, maybe, but the first time I heard about the East Wind in 'Sherlock' I immediately remembered a Mary Poppins song:

"Winds in the east, mist coming in, / Like somethin' is brewin' and bout to begin. / Can't put my finger on what lies in store, / But I fear what's to happen all happened before."

It fits 'Sherlock' story, though I know it isn't related. 

Last edited by NicoleCollard (January 11, 2017 8:23 pm)

Sherlock Holmes: I've disappointed you.
John Watson: That's good... that's a good deduction, yeah.
Sherlock Holmes: Don't make people into heroes, John. Heroes don't exist, and if they did, I wouldn't be one of them.

January 11, 2017 8:23 pm  #20

Good one.

Board footera