BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 11, 2017 3:33 am  #81

Re: Favourite scenes (photos/gifs)

okay so it's not from season 4, but its funny as hell and works for season 4  (my sig)

January 11, 2017 4:03 am  #82

Hi everyone!
Your gifs are great! It's like I've watched the episode again.
I have nothing to add. Just to sum up 

And I really appreciated the moment when she gives the keys to John when the question was to get to Sherlock as quickly as possible.
But what I don't understand - why it looks like she almost hates Mycroft in this scene? I mean, I didn't notice this hatred before.
* And Mycroft could help - he has helicopters on speed dial. 

January 11, 2017 6:45 am  #83

Oh I don't think she's ever liked him.
But I have said elsewhere, I thought this was a rather wasted line at this particular time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 11, 2017 11:19 am  #84

besleybean wrote:

Oh I don't think she's ever liked him.
But I have said elsewhere, I thought this was a rather wasted line at this particular time.

To me it doesn´t seem like she hates him.... she only seems frustrated with him.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 11, 2017 11:23 am  #85

NicoleCollard wrote:

Ivy wrote:

I'm not sure I understand this part. What's Sherlock telling John, that he should relax a little, stop being the soldier, show his emotions? 

I believe that he is telling him to accept that they are both flawed and that´s how it would remain, since it is a destiny of humanity to be flawed. But that it´s not the end of the world when you realise that you are not perfect - you should not succumb to it, still, you should accept it.

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 11, 2017 11:29 am  #86

I think so too, Sherlock has compared being human to being flawed and wrong before... so it would make sense 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 11, 2017 12:56 pm  #87

One of most heartbreaking takes in the episode: Sherlock starts to (edit: ) XwXaXlXkX XiXnXtXoX XtXhXeX XhXoXsXpXiXtXaXl follow CS , and knows, he can never (edit: ) XlXeXaXvXeX XiXtX come back alive. He looks back - at John. This fear, this question, and this determination..
I love also Molly's reaction, when she notices it.

Last edited by Naavy (January 11, 2017 4:01 pm)

January 11, 2017 1:13 pm  #88

Naavy wrote:

One of most heartbreaking takes in the episode: Sherlock starts to walk into the hospital, and knows, he can never leave it alive. He looks back - at John. This fear, this question, and this determination..
I love also Molly's reaction, when she notices it.

Wonderfully put! And heartbreaking moment....

January 11, 2017 1:45 pm  #89

The way he acted that part was incredible. Intense and very touching....

January 11, 2017 1:46 pm  #90

Nakahara, thank you! But I made mistake (i should rewatch this episode, to avoid it!). They go into the filming studio. Hospital was planned afterwards.
In my defence: Benedict's acting was devastating, I believe, it disturbed my thinking process. Is it legal at all? ;)

Last edited by Naavy (January 11, 2017 4:02 pm)

January 11, 2017 1:50 pm  #91

January 11, 2017 2:03 pm  #92

January 11, 2017 2:03 pm  #93

It was the first John's deduction, not "prompted" by imaginary Mary.

But I wonder: Sherlock looks not very happy. Does he not like to be reminded about his birthday? Why?

January 11, 2017 2:13 pm  #94

Naavy wrote:

It was the first John's deduction, not "prompted" by imaginary Mary.

But I wonder: Sherlock looks not very happy. Does he not like to be reminded about his birthday? Why?

He looks very sad for some reason, indeed.

January 11, 2017 2:24 pm  #95

January 11, 2017 2:30 pm  #96

nakahara wrote:

The way he acted that part was incredible. Intense and very touching....

Give him all the awards.
Give them to him NOW!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 11, 2017 5:57 pm  #97

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 11, 2017 6:00 pm  #98

This is breaking my heart in two!  ^^^^^

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 11, 2017 7:57 pm  #99

I hope it isn't this bad...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 12, 2017 12:54 am  #100

It won't be.  John's in TFP, don't forget, and I think we can safely assume that it's not his ghost that we saw in the preview. =)

Board footera