BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 9, 2017 10:38 pm  #61

Re: Favourite scenes (photos/gifs)

I can see why...

****************************************************************************************************************************************
We balance probabilities and choose the most likely. It is the scientific use of the imagination.    

January 10, 2017 12:23 am  #62

Great gifs, everyone! I think I can say that I agree with pretty much all of these as my favourite moments.  Hearing Sherlock's voice break with "I don't want to die," was so heartbreaking, and like someone else said, the hug scene was both heartwarming and heartbreaking.

Clueing for looks.

January 10, 2017 7:50 am  #63

Oh my gosh, thank you so much for all of those!  Mycroft's face!  And how Mrs. Hudson is usually mild/sweet/even bordering on 'oh dear'/nervous, but so utterly BAMF when it calls for.  And Benedict swinging Sherlock's energy and manic emotion all over the place made my jaw drop... that "I'm so high I'm climbing the walls" scene was crazy... let's hear it for our amazing effects/art department... 

(and gahh... Arwel...  no, I didn't!).

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

January 10, 2017 9:17 am  #64

The 'walking on the walls' was incredible!! Literally taking a metaphor and making it real on screen! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 10, 2017 3:55 pm  #65

The look of hatred:

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 10, 2017 4:05 pm  #66

Jealous? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 10, 2017 4:12 pm  #67

Funny that they are both after the same woman.....

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 10, 2017 4:48 pm  #68

I don't think Sherlock was after her that away and anyway she was different, when John fancied her!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 10, 2017 7:40 pm  #69

tonnaree wrote:

High AF Sherlock should NOT be this hot.   

Edited to add: Someone on tumblr refered to this as the "midnight blue shirt of F**K me now."

haha, honestly when I saw that scene I knew people would (me included) drool over that.

And in my opinion "midnight blue shirt of F**K me now" is even better than "purple shirt of sex" *LOL*

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

January 10, 2017 7:41 pm  #70

He is ridiculously sexy here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 10, 2017 7:50 pm  #71

"midnight blue shirt of F**K me now"

*thud*

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 10, 2017 8:40 pm  #72

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

January 10, 2017 8:40 pm  #73

Lovely moment.

January 10, 2017 9:05 pm  #74

So much beauty and heartbreak in this episode. Thank you all for the gifs and pics!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 10, 2017 10:04 pm  #75

Ivy wrote:

I'm not sure I understand this part. What's Sherlock telling John, that he should relax a little, stop being the soldier, show his emotions? 

Sherlock Holmes: I've disappointed you.
John Watson: That's good... that's a good deduction, yeah.
Sherlock Holmes: Don't make people into heroes, John. Heroes don't exist, and if they did, I wouldn't be one of them.

January 10, 2017 10:07 pm  #76

Well, John thinks Sherlock sets too high a standard for himself but Sherlock actually thinks that John is a much, much more deserving of a pedestal. And it's ok to leave that high place and be normal a little, too. It's ok to be week, even for a soldier. It's ok to see ghosts, even for a doctor.

Last edited by ewige (January 10, 2017 10:09 pm)

-----

January 10, 2017 10:13 pm  #77

ewige wrote:

Well, John thinks Sherlock sets too high a standard for himself but Sherlock actually thinks that John is a much, much more deserving of a pedestal. And it's ok to leave that high place and be normal a little, too. It's ok to be week, even for a soldier. It's ok to see ghosts, even for a doctor.

Thanks, ewige. Very beautifully explained. That's what I got, as well. 

Last edited by NicoleCollard (January 10, 2017 10:16 pm)

Sherlock Holmes: I've disappointed you.
John Watson: That's good... that's a good deduction, yeah.
Sherlock Holmes: Don't make people into heroes, John. Heroes don't exist, and if they did, I wouldn't be one of them.

January 10, 2017 10:17 pm  #78

Yes.  That even though it has seemed that Sherlock tries to put himself above the human, according to John, but Sherlock sees John as "more," has been raised above humanity by Sherlock.  But ewige said it better.
In this moment, there is a recognition that both have been thinking about the other in a similar way, but both are human and that's not a bad thing and that's how they should be seen, as easy as it is to raise somebody as something above that.

Clueing for looks.

January 10, 2017 11:19 pm  #79

Ivy wrote:

tonnaree wrote:

High AF Sherlock should NOT be this hot.   

Edited to add: Someone on tumblr refered to this as the "midnight blue shirt of F**K me now."

haha, honestly when I saw that scene I knew people would (me included) drool over that.

And in my opinion "midnight blue shirt of F**K me now" is even better than "purple shirt of sex" *LOL*

Tell the truth.  If someone showed you this and you had no context and never heard of Sherlock, you would think he was about to rip her clothes off and slam her up against the wall.

Sorry, I'll go back to the shallow end of the pool now and leave you alone.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 10, 2017 11:41 pm  #80

tonnaree wrote:

Tell the truth.  If someone showed you this and you had no context and never heard of Sherlock, you would think he was about to rip her clothes off and slam her up against the wall.

Sorry, I'll go back to the shallow end of the pool now and leave you alone.  

I've been thinking about the same since you posted the gif!
The look he gives her is very, uhm, intense... if not to say ravenous!
Funny how Eurus tells John in the end that she spent a night with Sherlock Which is technically correct, but still, Sherlock called it "an evening".

-----

Board footera