BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 8, 2017 11:24 pm  #61

Re: First Impressions...

Sherlock's Curl wrote:

So John wanted to cheet on his wife with a female Sherlock ....

Good point! 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 8, 2017 11:24 pm  #62

WOW! Mind blowing!

A couple of thoughts:

The scene in which John tells Sherlock that, yes, he did kill Mary, broke my heart! Sherlock's face... awwwww... But his face too, when John finally tells that it was Mary's own choice and that it wasn't his fault... The relief washing over his face... and the relief I felt too! It was sweet.

​I thought Magnussen was already creepy, but God, Smith was... he made me feel uneasy. No Wonder Sherlock attacked him! Not saying violence is the right answer, but I think I would have lost my nerves too, there! Even without being high!

​Mary's ghost was absolutely lovely! I'm glad they killed her off last week, because two's company and three's a crowd, but even if I wasn't particularly attached to her character, it upset me that she had gone without proper goodbyes, I'm not just talking about goodbyes from John, or Sherlock, I'm talking about us, the audience. Seeing her, in her best light (because she's lovely in that ep), reconciled me with her character (about a couple of things I didn't much like about her). Now I can let her go properly. And on another note, the whole idea of "hallucinations" made me "smile" (not really the accurate word...) because three years ago, I wrote a fanfic in which John had hallucinations about Sherlock (long after TRF) and sometimes couldn't tell if they were real or not, and he kept talking to him. Well...

​John's confession was really touching. "The man you thought i was is the man I want to be" (or something like that). Awww... I could really relate, feel his pain, his relief after having confessed... Having lost my husband, I know what it feels like not being able to . I also know what it feels like, feeling guilty because while you're grieving, you feel like you're letting your child down because caring of yourself (eating, sleeping, getting dressed...) already feels so difficult, let alone looking after a child. You feel like a terrible parent and end up hating yourself. Anyway, I'm really glad John took all that off his heart, it would have driven him mad. But it was painful to see him cry like that. Painful, but necessary.

​My Johnlock heart was a bit broken after the whole Irene Adler thing. Well, ok, it didn't help that I never liked Irene to begin with.

​But it was immediately mended... That HUG! It should have felt awkward, coming from Sherlock, but on the contrary, it felt so natural... I loved it! And I love how Sherlock replies "No, you" (the discussion about being human). It says a lot.

​Mycroft... We saw quite a lot again, much to my pleasure. Sherlock walking following precise paths to send a "feck off" message to him was priceless. As usual, I love how he cares about Sherlock, no matter what he says. I am not a fan of the scene with Lady Smallwood though. I know that in the end, he's not the iceman he wants everyone to believe he is, he can do sentiment too, just like his brother, but I don't know. I preferred that to be offscreen. I just can't explain.

​Once again, we didn't see much of Molly in that ep. I'm not her biggest fan, but I still find this is a pity.

​Mrs Hudson. Ah, she was amazing in that one! She, getting out of that car, really took me by surprise!!!

​I didn't see the whole secret sister stuff coming! When she started taking off her contacts, I thought she was wearing a mask and that she actually was Moriarty, haha. Well, that's really interesting anyway...

​I loved that episode, it really kept me on tenterhooks the whole time.

Just like old times...

January 8, 2017 11:25 pm  #63

This ep is a treasure trove of pure awesomeness.

Funnily enough I didn't think Smith was creepier than CAM. Nonetheless, the scene with Sherlock in the hospital bed gave me chills like there's no tomorrow. "I don't want to die." Oh shit.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 8, 2017 11:26 pm  #64

Oh my God, you guys! Amazing episode! I can't breath... Mary's ghost, Sherlock completely high (a Bafta, a Golden Globe, an Oscar for this man, NOW), badass MRS. HUDSON!, Mycroft and Lady Smallwood??, Euros Holmes (those parents did something really bad), The Woman returns? and Sherlock hugging John...

I need to digest all what I saw. Awesome!

Sherlock Holmes: I've disappointed you.
John Watson: That's good... that's a good deduction, yeah.
Sherlock Holmes: Don't make people into heroes, John. Heroes don't exist, and if they did, I wouldn't be one of them.

January 8, 2017 11:28 pm  #65

What is it with Sherlock always finding these horrible, creepy, psychopathic, predatory types of villains to pursue? 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

January 8, 2017 11:33 pm  #66

Punch me in the face wrote:

​I didn't see the whole secret sister stuff coming! When she started taking off her contacts, I thought she was wearing a mask and that she actually was Moriarty, haha. Well, that's really interesting anyway...

Wow, you too? I also thought that the fake psychoterapist would tear down some weird mask and Moriarty would be revealed underneath.... 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 8, 2017 11:35 pm  #67

nakahara wrote:

Wow, you too? I also thought that the fake psychoterapist would tear down some weird mask and Moriarty would be revealed underneath.... 

Exactly! That was some awesome Moriarty channeling!

-----

January 8, 2017 11:40 pm  #68

Sherlock's Curl wrote:

To me it seemed that Smith looked to women like wants to abuse them. And then when he was at Sherock's bed I thought he'll kiss him.

Honestly this villain is the creepiest of all.

I thought it was very strongly hinted that he was abusing the bodies as well. 

It really gave me the creeps that this has happened in real life too - the access to the mortuary and hospital, etc. 

January 8, 2017 11:44 pm  #69

Liberty wrote:

It really gave me the creeps that this has happened in real life too - the access to the mortuary and hospital, etc. 

Yeah, that looked extremely creepy especialy in juxtaposition to John's respectful behavior.

-----

January 8, 2017 11:44 pm  #70

Vhanja wrote:

What is it with Sherlock always finding these horrible, creepy, psychopathic, predatory types of villains to pursue? 

He is such a good guy that he just can't stand them. He is becoming the good man Lestrade always thought he might be.         (...If he gets off those drugs.)

Last edited by Whisky (January 8, 2017 11:45 pm)

"It is what it is."

January 8, 2017 11:47 pm  #71

He really is. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

January 8, 2017 11:55 pm  #72

John beating up Sherlock was definitely the hardest scene to watch for me. It's so gut-wrenching. And he takes it because he thinks he deserves it. And then that scene in Baker Street when John says he has to go because of Rosie and Sherlock looks so sad that he's about to leave. Honestly that would be for me the trigger to write Johnlock (and there will be stories about that)  if I were any talented in that department.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

January 8, 2017 11:56 pm  #73

I think the hardest scene for me was "I don't want to die". That is one of the most horrible scenes I've seen on the show, I think. Absolutely gut-wrenching.

Team Hudders!

January 8, 2017 11:59 pm  #74

Vhanja wrote:

I think the hardest scene for me was "I don't want to die". That is one of the most horrible scenes I've seen on the show, I think. Absolutely gut-wrenching.

I agree. Brilliant writing, brilliantly acted!

-----

January 9, 2017 12:06 am  #75

I just realised in that one photo I posted that Mycroft noted the name Elizabeth in his notebook. That is the bus lady aka the sister Euros/Eurus.

What is the last one? "Love?" aka Lady Smallwood?! Mycroft and his notebooks!

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

January 9, 2017 12:13 am  #76

Lady Smallwood's first name used to be Elizabeth (up until now, apparently).

-----

January 9, 2017 12:31 am  #77

Hmm... Am I the only one who's already starting to freak out at the idea of spending another bunch of years without Sherlock (if there is actually another season!)

​I mean, I'm so excited about today's episode that I can't wait to be next week to see what happens, but at the same time, i'm already gutted that it will be the last episode (at all??? god, i hope no!) before another very long wait...

​Ah, the joy of being a Sherlock fan...!

Just like old times...

January 9, 2017 12:33 am  #78

I have sort of come to terms in my own head that next episode will be the last. End of an era and I will from then on enjoy rewatching, discussing and - last, but not least - fanfics. 

If more episodes does come, then nothing is better. But I won't wait for them. I'll treat this season as the last.

Team Hudders!

January 9, 2017 12:34 am  #79

Vhanja wrote:

I have sort of come to terms in my own head that next episode will be the last. End of an era and I will from then on enjoy rewatching, discussing and - last, but not least - fanfics. 

If more episodes does come, then nothing is better. But I won't wait for them. I'll treat this season as the last.

Same here.

-----

January 9, 2017 12:54 am  #80

miriel68 wrote:

For me the best since TRF. Positively loved it.

I absolutely agree. This was so much better than TST... I actually can't believe how much better it actually was. What an improvement...! Maybe it's due to Nick Hurran, I don't know, but this felt absolutely right again.
And Benedict and Martin both gave a hell of a performance.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

Board footera