BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 12, 2016 6:34 am  #381

Re: Official BBC releases - Series 4 - The Game is On!

That house reminded me of the Diogenes Club too. I just wanted to point out that it doesn't seem to be exploding, just the car in front of it?

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

December 12, 2016 7:22 am  #382

ewige wrote:

That house reminded me of the Diogenes Club too. I just wanted to point out that it doesn't seem to be exploding, just the car in front of it?

The house with the exploding car is not as big as the Diogenes Club I think. It looks like a two storey house.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 12, 2016 7:31 am  #383

Schmiezi wrote:

ewige wrote:

The house with the exploding car is not as big as the Diogenes Club I think. It looks like a two storey house.

Also true!

-----

December 12, 2016 7:50 am  #384

But it does look familiar. But I suppose a lot of houses around London does.

I'll say the thing about the lab/morgue-ish room but in spoiler tags... because I think this could trigger someone... sorry

'My' office and our rogue department's kind of 'makeshift' lab at the hospital was next to the morgue. The room where we had our disinfection machine for our tools had a fridge where they stored the late term miscarriage babies that were to be examined. I always tried to get out of having to go in there

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (December 12, 2016 7:50 am)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 12, 2016 8:09 am  #385

Okay, I wouldn't want to spend too much time in that room either!

I've looked up Irene's house and while it's definitely not it, I agree that many houses in London must look similarly. The explosion comes from a car chase, right? So the location doesn't really have to matter...

-----

December 12, 2016 8:17 am  #386

As for the scene with John pushing Sherlock,it could be done in rage, blaming him for something. However, he doesn't seem to push him any hard. He is barely moving his arms and not moving his body at all. Compared to the reunion scene, where he barrelled him through half the restaurant before pushing him over. That seemed much more forceful than this.

Edit: Also, are we absolutely sure it's John? Could it be Culverton-Smith?

Last edited by Vhanja (December 12, 2016 8:17 am)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 12, 2016 8:19 am  #387

I think the person is a bit too tall to be Culverton

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 12, 2016 8:23 am  #388

And to skinny too.

-----

December 12, 2016 8:31 am  #389

Never has the words "too tall" been used to describe Martin. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 12, 2016 8:47 am  #390

I also don't think it's Culverton's style.  My guess is John (although you're right, it's not confirmed).

I think the house with the explosion is not the same house as the one I'm now calling Mycroft's house.   But I don't think it's the Diogenes club either.   The view from far back, and the surfacing, make it look like it's not, but also the windows, etc. aren't right.  I don't think this house is on a central London street. 

I'm being careful about spoilers so I'm going to put the next in spoiler tags, but it's very, very mild, just something about what episode I think scenes are from.

I don't think Culverton is the big bad in the "I love you" scene, just because I think he has only been officially cast for Ep2, and I'm guessing that this is Ep3. 

.  I'm glad that somebody else is calling it the "I love you" room!  I don't think he's saying it to Molly.  I don't think he loves Molly in the way that he loves John or Mycroft (or even Mrs Hudson?), but of course there is time for a relationship to grow over three episodes.  I'm just not sure it will, although I'm pleased to see Molly featuring, and Sherlolly would be kind of sweet! 

The "morgue" room, was called a morgue when the first trailer was shown, and we'd noticed that it's the same room.  The morgue at Barts does have really big steel doors, although it's not the same room.   The one in the trailers looks much grander. 

December 12, 2016 9:23 am  #391

ewige wrote:

I actually dislike MP being the standard explanation for whatever we see before the eps air, now

Thank you, thank you, thank you, ewige. I totally agree.
The trailer looks very dramatic and I absolutely love it. But I want the drama to be real. So you might call me naive, but I have decided to believe that everything we see in the trailer is real.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 12, 2016 9:28 am  #392

The "morgue" scene: I'm convinced it's John too, based on body proportions and skull shape (Toby has quite a unique cranium, bless him).

I suppose he's not really shoving Sherlock as hard as I first thought, more like shaking him by the lapels. I do think he's angry or frustrated with Sherlock though.

I'm pretty sure I've seen morgues with steel doors like that in TV shows and movies before, they would be able to fit up to three bodies in each compartment. But I wouldn't be surprised if they turned out to be something else.

The house with the exploding car does look like it has quite a bit of space around it, so not your typical inner London residence.

I wonder which of the locations we've seen in the trailers has the pool?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 12, 2016 9:38 am  #393

I remember from setlock that

there was more info on the house with the pool. It was so cool that you could switch the deep end in the pool.

Unfortunately I'm rubbish at finding info again :o

MP vs. reality: well basically we've seen only a little over two minutes of footage thus far. Three episodes would leave plenty of room for reality even if ALL trailers are MP. However I think showing us MP only would be bad form (of sorts) because it's such a lazy cop out... I just think TPTB picked the most ambigeous bits to drive us nuts in the weeks to come.

Last edited by Liberty (December 12, 2016 10:00 am)

-----

December 12, 2016 9:49 am  #394

Ewige, I'm getting nervous about your little hints at setlock, no spoilers here please 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 12, 2016 9:59 am  #395

Mod note: Just a friendly reminder that this is a spoiler-free thread.  I know we're all really excited about the trailer and that makes it easy to let things slip!  There is a spoiler thread for S4 here http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=5992 , and it would be fine to discuss the trailer in terms of setlock over there. 

(I'll see if I can edit your post to put it in spoiler tags, Ewige!)

December 12, 2016 10:15 am  #396

I just posted something that is apparently an official release, but contains a spoiler (the baby's name and date of birth).   I've just moved it to the spoiler thread to be on the safe side, but anyone wanting the information can look here:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/12/12/revealed-mystery-sherlock-baby-name/

Last edited by Liberty (December 12, 2016 10:22 am)

December 12, 2016 10:21 am  #397

Oh my, I'm so sorry, thanks for editing it so quickly!

-----

December 12, 2016 10:25 am  #398

No problem, Ewige!  I followed quite a lot of setlock, and I'm finding it easy to get carried away and forget which thread I'm in! 

December 12, 2016 10:58 am  #399

I just showed the trailer to my boyfriend and when he saw the burning house he immediately said that it reminds him of the house of Mommy and Daddy Holmes. I'm not sure but somehow I have the feeling that it would make sense...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 12, 2016 11:25 am  #400

It is really not the same, the burning one is much grander. I think people have identified which house it might be, it is one that has been used as a setlock location. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

Board footera