BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 28, 2016 5:06 pm  #1

Gay..I mean, 'Hey'

Love BBC Sherlock for almost 5yrs now. Major Johnlock shipper, head over heels in love with Benedict and Martin(who isn't?!) New to this site, I have some discussions I'd like to know the answers or insights to. Anyone who feels the same, feel free to message me or however this site works lol.

SHERLOCK: What’s wrong?
JOHN: Just met a friend of yours.
SHERLOCK: A friend?
JOHN: An enemy.
SHERLOCK (calmly): Oh. Which one?

June 28, 2016 5:11 pm  #2

Re: Gay..I mean, 'Hey'

Welcome!  Please dive into the forum and join as many discussions as you like.  We've got a ton of them going already.  If you're interested in setlock we're having a lot of fun speculating about Series 4 based on what we've seen so far.

Have fun!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 28, 2016 5:15 pm  #3

Hi and welcome! :D

As a Johnlocker, you might be most interested in these two threads to start with:

The Comprehensive Johnlock Guide
Johnlock (The Official Debate)

They're both very long in the tooth, so you might just want to read the most recent few pages before jumping into the discussions.

Asides from that, you should browse all the areas of the board to find topics you're interested in. Post a new topic if you don't see any existing ones covering the topic you want to talk about.

And I say this only because it sounds like you're not all too familiar with forums, but: don't expect instant replies, sometimes it will take hours or days for someone to respond, and topics can go dead/be revived much later. It all depends on whether anybody else is currently browsing. It's a place for long-term discussions, a bulletin board, rather than an instant messenger.

Good to have you around!

Doomsteady on AO3 & Tumblr

June 28, 2016 5:31 pm  #4

Welcome. I have nothing to add but have lots of fun and good shipping! 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 28, 2016 5:40 pm  #5

Thanks for the love and the welcoming. I'm going to fit in right at home This is my first forum..I think, If you don't count reddit, because I don't ever really got on there..and then of course there's the all known Facebook.

June 28, 2016 7:11 pm  #6

One other suggestion.
You're free to play with colors any time you want to, but the particular green you are using for your text right now is very hard to read on our black background.  If you really want something besides white, another lighter color would be much better.

Just a suggestion from an old lady who's eyesight ain't what it use to be. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 29, 2016 9:17 pm  #7

Typing the words is easy, I guess for you guys being able to see it would be problematic. My apologies, trying this. Hopefully it works!

June 29, 2016 9:37 pm  #8

Yes, yellow is much better - and welcome!  Glad to have you with us.  IMO, we can never have too many Johnlock shippers. .  Make yourself at home.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

June 30, 2016 11:56 am  #9

Glad to be here, Idk why it took me years to be on such a site.

Just look how Sherlock looks at John, It makes my heart ache. and then we have this ....

October 13, 2016 7:22 pm  #10

I am a new fan.  I first watched the show in 2012 on Netflix with my son, but because of the length of the episodes I did not get past Season One.  Now that my son is in college and I am slightly less busy, my husband and I have watched all three seasons, and I've been going back and re-watching favorite bits.  I cannot wait for Season Four.  I read a lot of the original Arthur Conan Doyle canon long ago and need to go back to it, but have other books in hand right now.

I enjoy sharing ideas and theories here.  I tend to take the writing at face value; thus, I do not believe John and Sherlock are or ever will be a couple.  John repeatedly makes it explicitly clear that he is not gay.  He doesn't seem to be insulted by the idea or nervous about it; he's just not gay.  I have no idea what Sherlock's sexual orientation might be, but I don't think he has ever had such a relationship or is likely to have one soon.  Heck, John is his first real friend, and he still screws that up semi-regularly.  Give him time.

With Mary, again, I take the writing at face value.  She is a complex character, certainly, but I don't think she's a villain at all, and I will be most disappointed if they make her one.  I am hoping that the three of them will be working together from now on, with John and Mary both involved in cases and both involved in child care.  Just hoping the baby doesn't spend most of its life being kidnapped!

October 13, 2016 9:43 pm  #11

What about opening your own introduction thread, cmb711? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

Board footera