BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 16, 2016 8:23 pm  #3401

Re: Series 4 Setlock (potential spoilers)

Yes, but the Moriarty video has to be explained. And we have never seen Martin and Amanda with their old hairstyles. Maybe they filmed scenes during S3 or TAB. But the thing is - there is the alleged birth scene in the tunnel and even there Amanda had the longer curls. On the tarmac she was heavily pregnant already, and hair takes to grow. So provided there is a real baby and a real birth, I wonder how long her pregnancy took. But then at SDCC Amanda compared the pregnancy to that of an elephant …

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 16, 2016 8:24 pm  #3402

Yep, TV pregnancy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 16, 2016 8:32 pm  #3403

They are not that stupid, I suppose. But then I do not really believe in a baby on the show either. At least not in John's baby. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 16, 2016 8:37 pm  #3404

Well, we have seen the baby on Setlock, John carrying it, no less. 

And I don't know... I have this weird thing about Mary - I can picture her being evil and killing innocent people, but I can't picture her being unfaithful to John.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

August 16, 2016 8:42 pm  #3405

I suppose they'll have to do something with the baby.  They can't just have Mary not pregnant and it move on from there.   So even if we don't see the baby, it's got to be mentioned.  (Even if the pregnancy is mind palace, I think!).  

Lady Smallwood's lines suggest that there's a scene not too long after the plane ... but that doesn't exclude them setting everything else months or even years later, if they wanted to. 

August 16, 2016 9:32 pm  #3406

Coming back to the hair for a second: interesting resemblance between John's new hairstyle and his TAB hair. Even the parting is on the same side. 

August 18, 2016 7:13 am  #3407

I had a longish thought about this hairstuff:
- I don't know details about the NHS, but in Germany during pregnancy you get three basic ultrasounds. 9.-12. week, 19.-22. week (this one being the best to determine the baby's gender) and a last one 29.-32. week. So, the normal pregnancy is 40 weeks long. Usually it's from the 28. week on that you REALLY gain weight, so this is the last trimenon. I think, Mary is minimum in this last trimenon but she must not be farther than let's say 30+ week on the tarmac. That would leave let's say 8-10 weeks to grow hair and have curls done. (When I was pregnant the first time I had my hair done a couple of days before my due date ) And if I have a look at my hubby and my son that is more than enough time to grow out a short hair cut..... The only thing that doesn't really fit is John mentioning the scan and learning it's a girl. At that state the babies are mostly too big to have a good look at the genitalia in ultrasound.
And the next thing: The pictures with the four of them hunting. I'm quite sure we have a minor time jump here. The baby they worked with is no newborn. It's at least three month old I would guess, seeing it laugh and all.
I could also imagine that TPTB maybe just wanted a different look. For Mary certainly (did anybody like the bleached helmet?), maybe to show that HLV is truly done with? (where personally I found her unbelievably ugly, but maybe that's just me...)

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

August 18, 2016 7:20 am  #3408

Thanks for your thoughts. Kudos for the bleached helmet. 

But if we assume Mary was still two months from birth at the end of HLV, at least to me she seems incredibly big. During that point in my pregnancies I was well able to get up from a chair without much ado. And on the tarmac as well she seems to me a like a balloon, ready to pop at any moment. 

August 18, 2016 7:40 am  #3409

I'm no expert, but I guess women carry differently... but yeah, you make some very valid and solid points! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

August 18, 2016 9:35 am  #3410

SusiGo wrote:

Thanks for your thoughts. Kudos for the bleached helmet. 

But if we assume Mary was still two months from birth at the end of HLV, at least to me she seems incredibly big. During that point in my pregnancies I was well able to get up from a chair without much ado. And on the tarmac as well she seems to me a like a balloon, ready to pop at any moment. 

I looked exactly as round as her when there were still 2 months of pregnancy left. Imagine how I looked close to giving birth... o.O

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

August 18, 2016 9:58 am  #3411

Schmiezi ....
As Phantom said, women carry differently. Plus I think Mary's wardrobe in general is not flattering for the weight gain.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

August 18, 2016 12:25 pm  #3412

Coming back to the hair for a moment - and this time with a wink.  It seems they had a model when choosing Martin's hairstyle:

https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/oneredbuttonhole/149124635063

August 18, 2016 1:02 pm  #3413

I can't open the link, it tells me to log in... (I haven't got Tumblr) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

August 18, 2016 1:18 pm  #3414

It shows the John from the Norwegian parody, you probably them, Oklahomo and all that. And this Watson has exactly the same hair colour and style they have chosen for our John now. 

August 18, 2016 1:39 pm  #3415

Ah, I love those guys! Very interesting choice... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

August 18, 2016 4:49 pm  #3416

They're parodying the parody!

August 18, 2016 7:31 pm  #3417

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

August 18, 2016 7:33 pm  #3418

No way.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 18, 2016 8:11 pm  #3419

Nope. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

August 18, 2016 8:26 pm  #3420

You know, I've thought about that ... that I feel there's going to be a major character death, and Mary is a "Watson" (if not legally!), so could replace John.   However, I don't see them going that way  - maybe leading us in that direction for a while (yet another fake death!), but not completely, because of how much they loved the stories, and how much they've put into the characters of Sherlock and John, the chemistry between them, etc.   Maybe they'd do it out of contrariness and a desire to further their original character, and to do a twist we won't expect (and maybe Martin wants out for some reason), but I don't think so.

Board footera