BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 12, 2016 2:37 pm  #1

Jim is alive because...

Should I have posted this somewhere else on the forum? But it's so TAB-related. And, I realize that Jim possibly being alive is an irritating topic, but tell me where I'm wrong if you have the patience.

... because, for example, of this line: "Of course he’s dead. He blew his own brains out. No-one survives that. I just went to the trouble of an overdose to prove it." (in response to MARY'S "So he's dead".

Of course they can all hear him. But the whole line is a lie for Mary's benefit, because he DIDN'T just overdose IN ORDER TO prove it, he got high before he knew England was hacked (I believe Mycroft about it), either to end it all (scary), or to make it easier (slightly less scary but still terrifying).

(Sorry for the shouting, but bold is almost indistinguishable from normal here).

Also, the blood flowing from under Jim's head in TRF is scant when you compare it with the spectacular hole in the back of Moriarty's (and Emelia's) head in TAB, which are supposed to look realistic; also, the frantic dig at the cemetery (which was a mind palace scene after all) and the mind palace Holmes saying that Moriarty's "body was never recovered" AND Anderson's theory about the latex mask in TEH (whih means that Anderson at least knows nothing of a corpse on the roof, and probably Lestrade doesn't either) all seem to mean that Sherlock doesnt know EITHER where Jim's body might be; also a theory about a second shot fired simultaneously (in this case, by a sniper from another roof, perhaps through a blood bag attached to Jim's back) has been around for years as an explanation for TRF (on The Final Problem I think). Also, Moffat said that TAB should settle all doubts about Jim possibly being alive, and I don't trust the man.

January 12, 2016 2:46 pm  #2

Re: Jim is alive because...

Hi there!

We already have a very healthy discussion about Moriarty's death, or not, in this thread:

http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=3418

Feel free to post all your thoughts and theories there.

Last edited by tonnaree (January 12, 2016 2:48 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 12, 2016 3:42 pm  #3

tonnaree wrote:

Hi there! We already have a very healthy discussion about Moriarty's death, or not, in this thread: http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=3418 Feel free to post all your thoughts and theories there.

Oh Ok. Thanks. Nothing to add then.

January 12, 2016 4:26 pm  #4

Having just watched The private life of Sherlock Holmes again there seems to be so many lines and scenes in The abominable bride and in BBC Sherlock taken directly from that film . The whole Mycroft and Sherlock in the Diogenes for one example . Does that subject have it's own thread here , there's a lot to talk about and not sure where it fits ,about Moriartys death being poison not drowning , the thread on tplosh , or the thread on tab . Maybe the subject should have it's own thread?
Sorry if there is one I searched tplosh and many many results 

Last edited by Mothonthemantel (January 12, 2016 4:31 pm)

"Man may not be degraded  to being a machine by being denied to be a ghost in the machine."
It's just transport. The virus in the hard drive . However impossible .Must be the truth.

January 12, 2016 6:10 pm  #5

Do you mean a thread just for comparisons between TAB and TSLoSH?

I think that would be fine.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 12, 2016 7:18 pm  #6

Jim is alive because he is too fabulous to just die like that

Jim Moriarty. Helloooo ! ~~

January 12, 2016 7:20 pm  #7

Nice thought...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 13, 2016 2:44 am  #8

LOL!

January 19, 2016 8:39 am  #9

Sadly, fabulous people do die just like that...sometimes....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 20, 2016 10:24 pm  #10

Yeah I know .. But I have faith in Moriarty :D

Jim Moriarty. Helloooo ! ~~

January 21, 2016 6:29 am  #11

Nobody adores Moriarty more than me.
But to be honest, I feel that if he really did think the game was up with Sherlock...he would have topped himself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 23, 2016 6:45 pm  #12

besleybean wrote:

Nobody adores Moriarty more than me.

​I do , he's the sole reason I got into the show in the first place, Such a brilliant, brilliant character. Andy Scott is awesome in the role. 

Last edited by Watson (March 23, 2016 6:46 pm)

March 23, 2016 6:47 pm  #13

I've never ever heard him referred to as ' Andy' before...
But I love him,anyway.

Board footera