BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 6, 2016 8:58 pm  #1

What will he do next?

Sherlock knows what the dead Moriarty will do next. Or so he says. But what will that be?

Any ideas?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 6, 2016 9:33 pm  #2

Re: What will he do next?

Good question. Not sure about that. Will have to think about it. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 7, 2016 12:04 am  #3

His minions are going to capture Sherlock and tie him naked to a chaise lounge.  Then, they will paint flowers all over his bare body with edible water color paint...............................................*cough*  Sorry, I have to stop now.
I'll be in my bunk..

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 7, 2016 2:05 am  #4

tonnaree wrote:

His minions are going to capture Sherlock and tie him naked to a chaise lounge.  Then, they will paint flowers all over his bare body with edible water color paint...............................................*cough*  Sorry, I have to stop now.
I'll be in my bunk..

Well, as interesting as it sounds, I am not quite sure about the flowers. Could it in fact rather be that they'll paint question marks all over his body? Would be more suitable, I think. :D

I have no idea in fact. I'll have to watch the episode again and compare the case of the bride (and the ladies) with Moriartys current situation.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Love something, and love it deeply."
Andrew Scott

"I don’t care how hypothetical it is, I’m not flying with a live otter in the flight deck."
Captain Martin Crieff

January 7, 2016 5:53 am  #5

James Norrington wrote:

I have no idea in fact. I'll have to watch the episode again and compare the case of the bride (and the ladies) with Moriartys current situation.

Heh… I was figuring pretty much the same thing.  Sherlock was obviously comparing the two situations, but other than Moriarty/the original bride being gone and the others (his network) taking over with the same guise, I'm not sure what the equivalent target is in this case.  And didn't Sherlock spent his hiatus away with the point of dismantling Moriarty's network?  This is probably over-thinking a little lofty, but the brides were helping each other fight/subvert the patriarchy against them… the network could be doing similar with the government…   

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

January 7, 2016 7:27 am  #6

Yes, Sherlock has already (we think) dealt with the network - unless he wasn't quite finished when he was called back.  But it was no news that the network was dangerous even with Moriarty dead, was it?  That's can't be Sherlock's big conclusion, can it? 

I wondered if it could be something to do with getting behind a "good" cause - the women were murdering people in the name of feminism - what if the network was hiding under the guise of something we think of as worthy?   It's puzzling the way he says it's what Moriarty is going to do next, though - suggesting that it's not something he planned after his death, but something he's going to do now.   Emilia wasn't able to do anything after her death (although she was able to murder somebody after her fake death).

January 7, 2016 7:29 am  #7

Well for the rest of the world, it's discerning if M is still alive, if he isn't who posted the messages and why.
Sherlock apparently knows the solutions...we have to wait until S4 for him to share that information!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 7, 2016 7:52 am  #8

besleybean wrote:

Well for the rest of the world, it's discerning if M is still alive, if he isn't who posted the messages and why.
Sherlock apparently knows the solutions...we have to wait until S4 for him to share that information!

But we can continue speculating. :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 7, 2016 3:50 pm  #9

A question that has been puzzling me also!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

January 7, 2016 4:12 pm  #10

Ok, so we know two things about S4:

- Probably something in TAB told Sherlock what Moriarty will do next
- Something from the past will catch up with someone, leading to horror and heartbreak

Can these two things be linked, somehow?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

January 7, 2016 4:28 pm  #11

Somehow in this last statement I see "Moriarty" not as a living breathing person anymore, but "Moriarty" is more like either his remaining organization, his left hand taking over, the evil in itself, something like that. "The king is dead, long live the king".
So I understood it more along the lines of Sherlock taking the next step towards destroying something else very evil.
A connection to Mycroft is a likely scenario IMO.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

January 7, 2016 4:32 pm  #12

I agree. I can imagine that Moriarty had foreseen that his own suicide might happen on that rooftoop, and therefore had a plan that would set in action after his death.

Then again, as with every hero that has a nemesis, the nemesis isn't truly dead until the end. So I'm not completely sure. To be honest, a part of me would be disappointed if Moriarty was really dead. And another part of me would like it. So any way is fine by me.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

January 7, 2016 4:32 pm  #13

mrshouse wrote:

Somehow in this last statement I see "Moriarty" not as a living breathing person anymore, but "Moriarty" is more like either his remaining organization, his left hand taking over, the evil in itself, something like that. "The king is dead, long live the king".
So I understood it more along the lines of Sherlock taking the next step towards destroying something else very evil.
A connection to Mycroft is a likely scenario IMO.

That's exactly how I see it to mrshouse, and I think TAB pretty much confirmed it.  I find this much more appealing than 2 fake suicides at the same time.

I think the past may come back to haunt multiple characters in S4.  Mary's past as an assassin.   Mycroft and Sherlock for not realizing Mary's danger.  There are so many ways this can go.

Although I am still fond of my original idea of edible body paint. 

Last edited by tonnaree (January 7, 2016 4:44 pm)

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

January 7, 2016 4:41 pm  #14

Well, already in TAB they brought back Mycroft and Sherlock's past, with the drugs. Can that play a bigger role, or be more elaborated, in S4? It seems odd if the exchange of the plane would be the last that we hear of this.

(Also, if they had the agreement with the list, then Sherlock should've had that list in HLV).

Team Hudders!

January 7, 2016 5:15 pm  #15

On the last point first.
Yeah but Sherlock was working then, he wasn't trying to reach oblivion.
I expect the List is for when Sherlock is vulnerable and is wanting to end the pain...
He did also say he was having to go particularly deep, so he probably knew he was going to take a lot of stuff.
Personally I hope this is the end we hear of the drugs, for a while at least.
So I hope Sherlock gets back to work and then home to Baker Street.
He will be a happier bunny, then.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 7, 2016 6:30 pm  #16

Sherlock always claims he is working when taking drugs, though.

Team Hudders!

January 7, 2016 6:48 pm  #17

Possibly since his earliest episodes, yes maybe.

January 7, 2016 7:00 pm  #18

besleybean wrote:

On the last point first.
Yeah but Sherlock was working then, he wasn't trying to reach oblivion.
I expect the List is for when Sherlock is vulnerable and is wanting to end the pain...
He did also say he was having to go particularly deep, so he probably knew he was going to take a lot of stuff.
Personally I hope this is the end we hear of the drugs, for a while at least.
So I hope Sherlock gets back to work and then home to Baker Street.
He will be a happier bunny, then

I don't think we're going to get any happy bunny moments for a while.  We've been told over and over that things are going to get very dark.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

January 7, 2016 7:02 pm  #19

I know, who am I trying to kid, right?!
Well, at least working might keep him off the sauce.

January 7, 2016 8:37 pm  #20

Liberty wrote:

I wondered if it could be something to do with getting behind a "good" cause - the women were murdering people in the name of feminism - what if the network was hiding under the guise of something we think of as worthy?   It's puzzling the way he says it's what Moriarty is going to do next, though - suggesting that it's not something he planned after his death, but something he's going to do now.   Emilia wasn't able to do anything after her death (although she was able to murder somebody after her fake death).

This reminded me of something I thought of while watching the episode but had forgotten to comment about.

When Sherlock describes the "invisible army" that is everywhere, in every room, I couldn't help but think of surveillance, or perhaps the Internet (or a combination thereof).  We've already seen Moriarty using computer programs to hack into systems - systems set up by groups in authority.  I was thinking maybe the people working in Moriarty's name are doing something in relation to this.  Precisely what, I'm not sure, but I think this could be something to do with what is going on.

Clueing for looks.

Board footera