BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 11, 2015 10:01 am  #1

Caption Competition Week 82

Hello, my dear fellow gamblers, sharpen your pencils and minds for a new round.
Here it goes:
What are they really talking about? Be creative till 18th around noon.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

August 11, 2015 9:09 pm  #2

Re: Caption Competition Week 82

JOHN: ...........
SHERLOCK: ......................
JOHN: No, Sherlock, this attempt at telepathy won´t work in our case, I´m afraid.
SHERLOCK: You mean to tell me you´re not having a great mind-sex with me for the last hour or so? Spoilsport! (big pout)

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

August 11, 2015 9:37 pm  #3

MOLLY: Oh, look, Greg! The wax figurines of Sherlock and John are being displayed in the park! Neat!
LESTRADE: They are not figurines, Molly, they ARE John and Sherlock.
MOLLY: Really? And why don´t they move or speak?
LESTRADE: It´s a contest. The first one who moves must serve the other for a year, as his vallet... which means, none of them will move till the end of the day. After that, I will remove them from the park by force and the ridiculous contest will end.
MOLLY: You mean Sherlock can´t move for the rest of the day.... well, excuse me.
LESTRADE: Where are you going, Molly?
MOLLY: Oh, you know, Greg, I have like six hours of cheekbones-kissing, curls-petting and nose-to-nose cuddling in front of me.... must hurry, bye! 

Last edited by nakahara (August 11, 2015 9:39 pm)

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

August 12, 2015 3:25 am  #4

John:         Sorry Sherlock,  I just don't think I can see the grass growing.
Sherlock:   It's not growing, it's dying.   Like we are.
John:         Indian food tonight?
Sherlock:  Yes, starving.

August 12, 2015 6:50 am  #5

John (thinking): I hope Sherlock didn't regret last night.
Sherlock (thinking): I hope John didn't regret last night.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

August 12, 2015 7:09 am  #6

JOHN: (thinking) Bless that blackout in the subway today. When the lights went out suddenly, I was kissed passionately by that smiling young girl sitting next to me... woohooo, way to go, John!
SHERLOCK: (thinking) I hope the blackout from today will be repeated. When the lights go out, I will snog him senseless again.

August 12, 2015 7:25 am  #7

Brilliant, nakahara. Love that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

August 12, 2015 1:10 pm  #8

Very nice, my friends, very nice indeed so far. 
Gimme more! 

"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

August 12, 2015 10:19 pm  #9

agreed,  these are great!   But just a quick pause, for:
(love this song)

Simon and Garfunkel:     "...Old friends,  old friends.....sat on their park bench like Bookends..."

okay, okay,  back to the regularly scheduled snogging.

August 13, 2015 3:57 am  #10

JOHN (thinking)  NAKA...!
SHERLOCK (thinking) ...HARA!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

August 13, 2015 12:38 pm  #11

John:  That was so funny this monring when Sherlock caught me trying to slip out of the bathroom without a towel.  I hope it didn't gross him out!  LOL

Sherlock:   #$*(^T&&*WRYE$#$$#&*((^)_^&*(UR%%$!!!!!!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 13, 2015 12:59 pm  #12

John and Sherlock discussing Sherlock's heterosexuality. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 13, 2015 1:32 pm  #13

SusiGo wrote:

.............or lack there of.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 13, 2015 2:08 pm  #14

tobeornot221b wrote:

JOHN (thinking)  NAKA...!
SHERLOCK (thinking) ...HARA!

NAKAHARA: You were calling me, my dears?

August 13, 2015 2:09 pm  #15

SusiGo wrote:

That must be it! LOL!

August 13, 2015 2:40 pm  #16

Time to try a different (read: horrible, dirty) tactic. If this is too inapropriate please tell me.

John: Sherlock, we have to stop this.
Sherlock: Why?
John: Because I no longer care who's better at hiding their boner.
Sherlock: But I was winning!
John: No, you weren't
Sherlock: It's very obvious that I was winning.
And the argument continues...

I am ashamed of myself, I apologize to the world.  Also it's probably not the right slang, but I felt bad putting the real word initiallyl

Last edited by Yitzock (August 13, 2015 2:43 pm)

Clueing for looks.

August 13, 2015 3:00 pm  #17

Horrible and dirty tactic? On this thread? Impossible!

Last edited by nakahara (August 13, 2015 3:01 pm)

August 13, 2015 3:26 pm  #18

I see no faults in the slang, Yitzock. This is a perfectly plausible suggestion. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 13, 2015 4:19 pm  #19

song playing in the background: "I can't stand the silence... I can't stand the silence... anymore."

funny, I just looked up the song to check if I remembered the words right, and actually it fits amazingly well lyricwise http://www.songtexte.com/songtext/rea-garvey/cant-stand-the-silence-2b93d45a.html

"It is what it is."

August 14, 2015 10:06 am  #20

Silence? Where? 
Whisky, this is one of the threads where you can just get in touch with your inner self and be as you are. 
*singing*
"Anything goes!!!*
More, more, more!!!

Last edited by mrshouse (August 14, 2015 10:07 am)

Board footera