BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 17, 2014 9:28 am  #1

SNL press reviews and videos

Lovely to see that Martin seem to get mostly positive reaction from the media about his hosting of SNL.

[size=125] 
[/size]Martin Freeman proves he's the best 'SNL' host of the season in this cut sketch: http://entertainthis.usatoday.com/2014/12/16/martin-freeman-proves-hes-the-best-snl-host-of-the-season-in-this-cut-sketch/  (there is also a video of the sketch) 

Last edited by A lovely light (December 17, 2014 9:28 am)

December 17, 2014 9:50 am  #2

Re: SNL press reviews and videos

=16pxRollingstone: Martin Freeman on 'SNL': 3 Sketches You Have to See

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/videos/martin-freeman-on-snl-3-sketches-you-have-to-see-20141214

CNN mention: http://edition.cnn.com/2014/12/14/showbiz/feat-snl-martin-freeman-office-hobbit/ 

Saturday Night Live Recap: Martin Freeman Makes a Lasting Impression : http://www.vulture.com/2014/12/saturday-night-live-recap-season-40-episode-10.html

Last edited by A lovely light (December 17, 2014 9:55 am)

December 17, 2014 10:45 am  #3

So great to hear! Very well deserved! 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 17, 2014 11:12 am  #4

A lovely light wrote:

[size=100]Lovely to see that Martin seem to get mostly positive reaction from the media about his hosting of SNL.

Oh, how lovely! At least from the media if not in this cruel, negative forum where everybody is full of hate! *irony off* 
(Still can't believe what I've read yesterday......  )

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

December 17, 2014 12:19 pm  #5

Off topic: Mattlocked, how would you grade your irony in your post, as a positive and constructive one or as a negative one? Because it hurts me, it is not funny to me. If you have a problem with me and my opinions in another thread, please PM me, but please don't make it as an issue on one more thread.  I came actually yesterday to post these reviews in the other thread, but it got to off the rails to post them there, there got to me to hurtful, hence a new separate thread for those who would like to discuss the reviews and videos and stay away from the drama. Thank you for your understanding.

Last edited by A lovely light (December 17, 2014 12:30 pm)

December 17, 2014 12:41 pm  #6

So you can talk bad about the whole forum but nobody is allowed to answer? As you talked about the forum in general I am hurt, too; it was not FUNNY at all - so please don't wonder that I fought back.
But this was the only and last time, don't worry.
And I honestly was just wondering how you could accuse so many people two days ago, but now just "go back to business" as if nothing has happened. That's the reason for my irony in this thread.
A sorry would have been nice, but please just forget what I said. Too much engergy on the wrong theme.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

December 17, 2014 1:35 pm  #7

My comments that i feel the forum negative in some aspects was also not supposed to be either funny or ironic, but what i said. Yes, i feel that and the kind of reactions i got just underlined that for me. If you expect excuses for my feelings, for being sincere when i felt wounded, please, accept them. It was supposed to be about how I feel, not to accuse you. Like i said, it is for everybody on this forum to choose if this forum is supposed to be a small family or a big one, because in a big one there are more different feelings who comes in play.  I get that you are happy how the things are right now on this forum and you cannot understand or see how someone else gets another vibe, that is why i posted, because i thought is worth to show it, that perhaps poeple will look in other way and make another choices. I thought is worth to point it for the benefit of the forum, if i woudn't i woudn't have posted but just go away. I am not a master of subtext and neither of elegant posts, if it rubbed on you in such a way that you felt such an answer from your part was called for and that this won't underline and support actually my feeling of a negative forum, it was not my aim and for that yes, i am sorry. 

Yes, i post the reviews here because i had all the tabs of these reviews open since yesterday and i wanted  to get rid of them. The other thread i read of course, but i felt that i need more time to think about  what i have to say.  I understand as well that people are not comfortable with certain words or innuendo jokes, that is way in the other thread about the interviews i pointed them to make them easy the decision if they want to read /watch or not (oh God, now i see that if one was disturbed from for opening a new thread, one may feel that i tryed to be ironic or i woud try to hurt about that too). So see? I try to learn from my mistakes. 

And yes, i thought that i would try for now on to react only on the postive threads and post and don't react anymore to those sensible to me or which hurts me. 

Naturally,if you want and i am so unwelcomed here, i know where the door is. If i come here today and i try to explain anything, is because if i would get throgh that door, it would be such an abyss that i won't enjoy the show as well, not only the fandom or forum.

December 17, 2014 1:47 pm  #8

A lovely light, you were mostly offended by my comments - you can find my apology in the original thread. I accept that they could be read as offensive by some people who see into things more than I.

Please, do not accuse other people of having a hand in this.

P.S. Also, do not read my current comment as a prompt that you are unwelcome here. Post what you want and enjoy yourself the best you can.

Last edited by nakahara (December 17, 2014 1:54 pm)

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 17, 2014 1:53 pm  #9

I hope you also read my post, a lovely light. This board is a place for discussion and everyone is entitled to have their own opinion. However, I draw the line at hate respectively accusations of hate. They have no place in here and I hope very much that so far I managed to avoid such feelings or reacted in an appropriate way if they happened anyway. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 17, 2014 2:31 pm  #10

And now to lighten the mood I will perform my world famous "lawnchair handcuff dance" to the sound of tea being stirred.

*wonders where she left her handcuffs*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 17, 2014 5:57 pm  #11

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

Board footera