BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 30, 2012 8:51 pm  #1

Going to the BAFTA's

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question...

But I was wondering if anyone was going to go to the BAFTA's and wait around to try and meet the guys. I've never done anything like it before (never really had any interest until now) but I've seen on TV that they have 'fans' along the red carpet and you can watch people arrive.

I tried Googling to get some info but nothing really came up apart from one thing that said people queue up overnight at the venue, but that was for the film awards, I couldn't find anything at all for the TV awards.

I'm not sure if I'm making any sense, my head is still trying to work out if it's a sensible thing to do in the first place! ;)

April 30, 2012 11:46 pm  #2

Re: Going to the BAFTA's

It would be amazing to go. I'd love to. Not sure how to get tickets though...maybe someone else might?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

May 1, 2012 6:17 am  #3

I think the tickets have probably gone already but there may be information on the BAFTA website or perhaps contact them direct?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 1, 2012 11:22 am  #4

Public tickets have sold but you can still get them on sites like Viago (pretty expensive, obviously!) and I according to the South Bank website the tickets let you 'walk the red carpet' and sit in the theatre during the awards.

I read that you can access the red carpet by queing up early on the day to get wristbands, but I'm not entirely sure how that works.

May 2, 2012 1:35 am  #5

Those large events usually have press the closest to the stars, the public usually view from far away. Any chance of being close enough for any kind of contact would mean camping out & even then that may not be possible. Afterwards, they all sneak away to other parties etc & you would be extremely lucky to get to meet anyone at those kind of things.
Sure go, but don't be disappointed, that's all I am saying.
Far better to try meeting these guys at something more 'intimate'. eg Ben is doing another series of Cabin Pressure soon I believe, look for details on that.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

May 2, 2012 5:36 am  #6

Found some info on Tumblr that you may like anyway:

Wristbands will be available from the public queuing area on the Festival Terrace from 9am on Sunday 27 May. -The public viewing areas will be filled from approximately 2 pm by security -Wristbands will be issued by security on a first come, first served basis. - BAFTA security will give instructions on the day to help us ! There will be bag searches.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

May 4, 2012 5:14 pm  #7

Thanks! Wow, it does look like you'll have to stay overnight to be there for 9AM! I have queued overnight before to get a wristband (Placebo signing years ago) so I'm not totally writing it off! I need to think just how crazy I'm going to be! ;)

May 4, 2012 9:30 pm  #8

If the weather has improved by then the waiting overnight might be ok and fun!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 17, 2012 5:23 pm  #9

I'M GOING!

I got the very last seat in the house! :D

May 17, 2012 5:33 pm  #10

Congratulations Lisbeth!

Hope you have a great time and try and not let the side down by screaming wildly!

-m0r

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

May 17, 2012 5:34 pm  #11

So happy for you!
Hopefully, they will leave some seats for those who you wishfully expect to show up there...

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 17, 2012 5:59 pm  #12

PROTIP: Bring a wheelchair.

It'll get you up close to the stars!

-m0r

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

May 17, 2012 6:16 pm  #13

Hehe. The tickets come with a letter asking you not to approach people ;)

I've often thought about the wheelchair thing! My best friend's a wheelie but I can never convince him to do these crazy things with me!

May 21, 2012 3:22 pm  #14

Benedict, Steven Moffat and Andrew Scott will be attending the awards. Martin won't be because he is filming The Hobbit still.

Board footera