BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 25, 2012 11:52 am  #1

Terrestrial Programme of the Year nomination by MGEITF

Sherlock has been nominated at Terrestrial Programme of the Year by MGEITF. Winner to be announced in August. Announced on Twitter by Hartswood Films.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 25, 2012 12:02 pm  #2

Re: Terrestrial Programme of the Year nomination by MGEITF

Yay! What does MGEITF stand for??

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 25, 2012 12:04 pm  #3

Haven't got a clue! Will have to research it! Lol

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 25, 2012 12:05 pm  #4

Media Guardian Edinburgh Television Festival.

April 25, 2012 12:06 pm  #5

Oops International ! Lol

July 16, 2012 12:22 pm  #6

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Yay! What does MGEITF stand for??

Ahh early days of innocence Boss.
This'll be where you are going.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

July 16, 2012 12:24 pm  #7

Sherlock, Homeland and The Voice face off at Channel of the Year Awards

Benedict Cumberbatch's detective genius will face off against Damian Lewis's US Marine as BBC1's four-times Bafta nominated Sherlock competes with Golden Globe winner Homeland in the Terrestrial Programme of the Year category at this year's Channel of the Year Awards.

Channel 4 - which shows US network Showtime's Homeland - also gets a nod for its school-set fly-on-the-wall documentary Educating Essex, while BBC1's talent show The Voice and ITV1's period drama Downton Abbey complete the list of nominees in the category.

If Sherlock triumphs, it will be the second year in a row for the BBC detective drama, which scooped the programme award in 2011 for its first series.

Meanwhile, the 2012 Digital Programme of the Year award will be fought out between The Killing, Celebrity Juice, Him & Her, Mad Men and Russell Howard's Good News.

As usual, the main channels will go head-to-head to win the prestigious accolade of Terrestrial Channel of the Year, currently held by ITV1, while multi-channel broadcasters will hope to overthrow incumbent Digital Channel of the Year, BBC3.

The awards are voted for by delegates at the annual Media Guardian Edinburgh International Television Festival, which takes place in August.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

August 27, 2012 12:53 pm  #8

(Sorry if this has already been posted anywhere, but I'm just catching up from my time away and haven't got through everything yet.)

Sherlock won two awards at the MGEITF:- (copied and pasted from their website)

For the second year running, Terrestrial Programme of the Year went to BBC One’s Sherlock, marking a winning streak of five years for the channel’s programming in the category. It was double success for the show, which was also voted The Network and Ones To Watch Programme Choice Award.

So well done guys!

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

August 27, 2012 2:34 pm  #9

Yay! Well done indeed to all involved.

Board footera