BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 12, 2014 6:01 pm  #1

Flying Horse

OMG, let it be true!!! That cast, THAT director, I think I'm going to faint.

And Amanda has to make out with Ben, poor girl.

Although it's imdb, you never know. But I hope it will happen.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

August 12, 2014 6:21 pm  #2

Re: Flying Horse

I saw that on some websites, other than imdb, but up to now there is no other information about this project. But it sounds very promising and the cast is astonishing so I hope to hear some other news soon

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

August 12, 2014 7:30 pm  #3

Gary Oldman said in an interview some days ago that the financing for a project of his own was finally secured. I think he was talking about this one. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 12, 2014 7:35 pm  #4

Another movie where Benedict's character won't survive...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

August 12, 2014 7:40 pm  #5

Can please, please someone write a script in which he survives? In which he is not shot, deep-frozen, stabbed, drowns himself, jumps from a roof, is killed by a sword ... did I forget anything? 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 12, 2014 7:40 pm  #6

Oh, he's used to that by now ...

I love Amanda Seyfried. Yay to that project.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

August 12, 2014 7:46 pm  #7

Ahem, may I add poisoning himself? Sorry. 

But I would love to see that film. 

August 12, 2014 8:37 pm  #8

SusiGo wrote:

Can please, please someone write a script in which he survives? In which he is not shot, deep-frozen, stabbed, drowns himself, jumps from a roof, is killed by a sword ... did I forget anything? 

Oh, I will write one! 

I will use a trick - it would seem in my script that Benedict´s character is doomed from the very start. But at the end he miraculously survives and the entire supporting cast dies. Now THAT would be a blast!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

August 12, 2014 8:53 pm  #9

SusiGo wrote:

It seems that his characters survive when it's only small roles... AOC, 12 Years...
Oh, but there's also "Hawking" and TTSS and TFE...!

Last edited by SolarSystem (August 12, 2014 8:54 pm)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 12, 2014 8:55 pm  #10

yeah, we definitely need a romcom 
But I'm so excited, Gary is so brilliant and he did a very good job with the first film he directed in the late 90s. And these two together plus Ralph. 
2016 will be the filming year? I guess it will be post-"Sherlock series 4 filming" then.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

August 12, 2014 9:11 pm  #11

SolarSystem wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

It seems that his characters survive when it's only small roles... AOC, 12 Years...
Oh, but there's also "Hawking" and TTSS and TFE...!

He also survived in "Parade´s End" where he had a main role.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

August 12, 2014 9:23 pm  #12

I was just playing the devil's adcovate. I want him to play interesting and diverse roles. This matters more than survival. He will die in Richard III and TIG and Hamlet but it is worth the heartbreak. 

August 13, 2014 5:13 am  #13

So are you saying he'd be repeating himself by taking on that role?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

August 13, 2014 6:54 am  #14

I have no problem with him dying, provided it is not in real life (trying to imagine B. credits' list by the time he is 90... one imdb page won't be enough, that's for sure)

August 13, 2014 7:01 am  #15

SolarSystem wrote:

Of course not. I was saying that I do not care if he dies as long as he gives us wonderful and interesting performances. 

Miriel, I can picture myself proudly scanning his IMDB page when I am 99 … 

August 13, 2014 7:07 am  #16

SusiGo wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

Of course not. I was saying that I do not care if he dies as long as he gives us wonderful and interesting performances. 

Totally agree. I just wasn't sure how exactly you meant it. 
And well... apart from the fact he can really play anything, it's always emotionally devastating (in the best sense) when his characters die.

August 13, 2014 7:10 am  #17

Now that's an interesting question: will the rest of our lives be filled with B.C. obsession? Who knows which actor will we be obsessed with by time we reach 99 (right, it is exactly the same age for me)

August 13, 2014 1:28 pm  #18

Oooh this sounds like an interesting project! Hope it's real!

About him dying all the time... the worst thing is that he's so good at it... *cries* 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

August 13, 2014 1:38 pm  #19

It would be a main character for Benedict?

EDIT: Right, I read it. Question answered.

Last edited by gently69 (August 13, 2014 1:49 pm)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

August 13, 2014 1:48 pm  #20

Miriel: No idea. But this obsession is the strongest I had so far. 

I think it is not the leading part. This is quite old and in German but it tells us a bit about the story:

http://www.filmstarts.de/nachrichten/18479046.html

Last edited by SusiGo (August 13, 2014 1:50 pm)

Board footera