BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 25, 2015 10:36 pm  #241

Re: Jeremy Brett Picture Thread

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 29, 2015 9:39 pm  #242

Thanks, I always love watching The Blue Carbucle every christmas time. 
“It is a question of cubic capacity, a man with so large a brain must have something in it.”

Last edited by BrettHolmes (December 29, 2015 9:43 pm)

December 29, 2015 9:47 pm  #243

Yea, it´s a classic - and it has a very Christmasy feel in its finale. 

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 29, 2015 9:57 pm  #244

December 29, 2015 10:00 pm  #245

December 29, 2015 11:35 pm  #246

Always love that scene. So funny! 

December 29, 2015 11:47 pm  #247

December 30, 2015 12:00 am  #248

December 30, 2015 9:29 am  #249

Witty! 

December 30, 2015 3:42 pm  #250

Sidney Paget's drawings were often a visual template used for this series (especially in the early episodes). This black and picture from "A Scandal in Bohemia" is a clear example of this.

Last edited by BrettHolmes (December 31, 2015 2:27 pm)

December 30, 2015 4:16 pm  #251

Yes, that´s one of the reasons why I love the series so much:

December 31, 2015 2:53 pm  #252

Another example

December 31, 2015 2:54 pm  #253

December 31, 2015 3:12 pm  #254

December 31, 2015 4:43 pm  #255

Fantastic!! 

January 2, 2016 5:52 pm  #256

If you watched "The Abominable Bride" last night (which I loved btw). It also gives homage to the shot of Holmes and Watson on train, too.

Last edited by BrettHolmes (January 2, 2016 7:52 pm)

January 2, 2016 6:55 pm  #257

Costumes and general look that Cumberbatch and Freeman had in it were very reminiscent of Brett and Burke (or Brett/ Hardwicke)

January 2, 2016 9:17 pm  #258

They were definitely modelled after them, I´d say. 

January 2, 2016 9:18 pm  #259

Another striking similarity

Last edited by BrettHolmes (January 2, 2016 9:19 pm)

January 2, 2016 9:25 pm  #260

Good catch, BrettHolmes! 

Board footera