BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 7, 2014 10:08 am  #101

Re: Baby Watson (spoilers!)

Okay. All shower fans please go to the OTHER thread. And we will put this topic back on track. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 7, 2014 10:12 am  #102

Goodness, comes to something when the moderator apologises to me..
Tee Hee.
Honestly I was just being funny...no worries.
This poor baby.
Does it exist?
Will it survive?
Will it BE a problem?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 7, 2014 10:15 am  #103

Yes, I consider it a serious problem, changing the character of the show way too much. This is a grownup-show, I love babies and children in their respective movie or TV appearance BUT NOT HERE!

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

August 7, 2014 10:15 am  #104

Again, I'd like to come up with the question of WHY it exists.

And I don't mean "Because of sex". I mean, why did the writers decide to include it first place? Surely not to lead to being no problem, because they could have "no problem" without it. Ideas?

Last edited by Schmiezi (August 7, 2014 10:15 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

August 7, 2014 10:15 am  #105

You can mark this day in your calendar, bb. 
I was being funny, too. It is strange how The Topic always comes up. 

It might be a problem to integrate it into the show. And it would be the biggest deviation from Canon so far. 

Schmiezi - I can only imagine that they tried to make it as difficult as possible for the boys to reunify in Baker Street. Dramatic licence and all that. Or to make Mary more ambivalent, harder to dislike/kill/dispose of? I am not really happy with that decision but that goes for many decisions about Mary's character. I have to accept them and hope for better times. 

Last edited by SusiGo (August 7, 2014 10:18 am)

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 7, 2014 10:21 am  #106

Schmiezi wrote:

And I don't mean "Because of sex". I mean, why did the writers decide to include it first place? Surely not to lead to being no problem, because they could have "no problem" without it. Ideas?

Schmiezi, I have no idea whatsoever. Alas, I could not rule out it having been the romantic feelings carrying Steven away while writing TSoT?

"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

August 7, 2014 10:25 am  #107

Sorry to bring ths up again but to me it seemd that he channeled his romantic feelings into something other than John and Mary having a baby. For me the dancefloor scene is the only moment between John and Mary I would call even remotely romantic. 

August 7, 2014 10:28 am  #108

Well,true. That was THE nice moment between them. But somehow we're to believe that this is the goal to achieve for: heteromarriage, baby...

August 7, 2014 10:31 am  #109

Not sure about that. Because in HLV we see that neither of them is really happy, and this even before the shooting and all that. And it seems that for some months John preferred not to do conversation with his pregnant wife. 

August 7, 2014 10:33 am  #110

Schmiezi wrote:

This.

The writters must have a plan, because they knew that a baby would change dramatically the balance in 221b. My question is also Why and how they will deal with this.... 

They could have made Mary to misscariage and so to becaome loads of sympathy and support. But they go with the baby, so this is for me the only thing i cannot speculate how it would possibly go.

August 7, 2014 10:35 am  #111

Yes, but in the end, this scenario wins. Remember the Christmas scene which is considered as ultimately romantic, and John and Mary at the tarmac embracing and holding hands in the end. And it's stressed further by Mary's clothes and makeup, this bright red which does not really go along with the rest, speaking in pictures.

August 7, 2014 10:40 am  #112

It wins only for the moment, I think. And as some people have noticed, John is not wearing his wedding ring in the tarmac scene. But as the Boss remarked some time ago - this series is different because we will be able to make up our minds about many things, most of all Mary, only after knowing what will happen in series 4. 

August 7, 2014 10:46 am  #113

Which is just how they want us...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 7, 2014 12:15 pm  #114

But, will the baby take a shower?!?!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 7, 2014 2:25 pm  #115

Oh, tonnaree, sweet innocent you...

August 7, 2014 2:28 pm  #116

Innocent? Tonnaree? *laughing out loud*

August 7, 2014 3:17 pm  #117

Is my halo slipping?

Last edited by tonnaree (August 7, 2014 3:18 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 7, 2014 4:00 pm  #118

Of course not. 

August 7, 2014 6:17 pm  #119

A lovely light wrote:

Schmiezi wrote:

This.

The writters must have a plan, because they knew that a baby would change dramatically the balance in 221b. My question is also Why and how they will deal with this.... 

They could have made Mary to misscariage and so to becaome loads of sympathy and support. But they go with the baby, so this is for me the only thing i cannot speculate how it would possibly go.

Yeah, this is the question I'm interested in too. I was talking about this at a Sherlockian meet up the other day, and we were all wondering why they chose to do it....because obviously it would have been a lot easier to kill her off if she hadn't had a baby. We were hoping they do actually have some kind of plan and haven't just written themselves into a corner because they wanted the "sign of three" gag.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

August 7, 2014 6:18 pm  #120

We also said, "imagine if John and Mary's baby was actually Mrs Hudson".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

Board footera