BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 11, 2015 9:17 pm  #321

Re: Baby Watson (spoilers!)

SusiGo wrote:

I was quoting Moffat. So there is hope. 

😅😅😅😅

July 18, 2015 9:48 pm  #322

If the baby will be envolved in any way, i hope / expect it to have a bigger role in an episode or something. Because I think "just" for helping the relationship between mary and john it's not worth it. They made up a big challenge for themselves to solve this whole thing without dissapointing the fans, and I think for that they really need to have a plan and a good storyline that is worth it the big step. I mean, they risk to dissapoint many fans, because after the things i've read most of us want the baby to not take part of the lifes of Sherlock and John.
But at the same time I personally hope that they will find a way so the baby doesn't make it, because the thing I probably like the most about this show is the relationship between Sherlock and John. The problem here is, like you stated, how they gonna make it without breaking everyones heart, from the fans but especially John. In season 3 he had to go through so much stuff, first the whole thing with Sherlock, then Mary. I can't imagine moffat or gatiss being so cruel and taking him his baby (okay that sounded very dramatic).

Oh and the idea of letting mary die in the christmas episode and then making the first episode "two years later"
But what is with Moriaty? After his impressive comeback massage (I think he will come back) I expect them to do something with him too. And not just years later? Maybe I just missunderstood something

Last edited by sherlockedphan (July 18, 2015 9:54 pm)

July 23, 2015 4:37 pm  #323

RavenMorganLeigh wrote:

Ah-chie wrote:

I didn't read into his comments anything about Mary leaving John. I think it might be speculated that the baby might not make it but he seemed to be making it plain to me that Mary is more likely to be around.

-Val

I think the suprise might end up being that Mary and Baby are around-- for at least another season, if not permanently. It's not what I'd like-- but, I think that might be the direction they're headed in. Everybody expects them to get rid of Mary and the Baby, so why would they do it? 

then why would Amanda say 'we all know what happens to Mary, I know how it happens'?

Seems like it's pretty much decided to me....

July 23, 2015 4:59 pm  #324

Dorothy83 wrote:

RavenMorganLeigh wrote:

Ah-chie wrote:

I didn't read into his comments anything about Mary leaving John. I think it might be speculated that the baby might not make it but he seemed to be making it plain to me that Mary is more likely to be around.

-Val

I think the suprise might end up being that Mary and Baby are around-- for at least another season, if not permanently. It's not what I'd like-- but, I think that might be the direction they're headed in. Everybody expects them to get rid of Mary and the Baby, so why would they do it? 

then why would Amanda say 'we all know what happens to Mary, I know how it happens'?

Seems like it's pretty much decided to me....

Well, she said that like, before the season even aired, if I recall--- what I've heard recently seems to lead one to believe that Mofftiss decided to keep Mary in the show for the duration...

July 23, 2015 5:08 pm  #325

What exactly makes you think that, Raven? *shudder*

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

July 23, 2015 8:24 pm  #326

No, Raven - Amanda said that last year, some time after the announcement of the special and s4. After they said that the actors had been briefed about S4 and that they were 'brought to tears'.

Where did you see that they've decided to keep her? I haven't heard nothing from Moffat that makes me think so.

July 23, 2015 8:29 pm  #327

Oh, they keep saying so contradictory things all the time. I wouldn't pay too much for their words after having read lots of them.

Last edited by Harriet (July 23, 2015 8:29 pm)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

July 23, 2015 8:33 pm  #328

Dorothy83 wrote:

No, Raven - Amanda said that last year, some time after the announcement of the special and s4. After they said that the actors had been briefed about S4 and that they were 'brought to tears'.

Where did you see that they've decided to keep her? I haven't heard nothing from Moffat that makes me think so.

My recall may not be all that great (getting old!) -- and I hope feverently that you're right! :-)

Of course-- the "brought to tears" quote could mean *anyone* could die-- people have speculated Mrs. Hudson (NO!!!!) or Mycroft ((((NNOOOOOOO!!!!)))). 

July 23, 2015 8:35 pm  #329

I choose to believe what Amanda said. I believe she wouldn't have said that if it wasn't true - she doesn't really lie and try to confuse us like Mofftiss do

July 23, 2015 8:41 pm  #330

Dorothy83 wrote:

I choose to believe what Amanda said. I believe she wouldn't have said that if it wasn't true - she doesn't really lie and try to confuse us like Mofftiss do

I'm not saying that she's lying-- she just might not actually know the truth! After all, Amanda had no idea her character was going to end up shooting Sherlock!

July 23, 2015 8:45 pm  #331

RavenMorganLeigh wrote:

Dorothy83 wrote:

I'm not saying that she's lying-- she just might not actually know the truth! After all, Amanda had no idea her character was going to end up shooting Sherlock!

so you think they lied to her about Mary dying and also *how* she died?

I don't think so, but even so, though, I haven't seen any indication from Moffat or Gatiss so far that they are planning to keep her - unless I've missed something. They keep talking about how s4 will make us cry and since they think we all love Mary so much, I can't help but think Mary's fate will play a bit part in the s4 drama...

July 23, 2015 8:57 pm  #332

Dorothy83 wrote:

RavenMorganLeigh wrote:

Dorothy83 wrote:

I don't think so, but even so, though, I haven't seen any indication from Moffat or Gatiss so far that they are planning to keep her - unless I've missed something. They keep talking about how s4 will make us cry and since they think we all love Mary so much, I can't help but think Mary's fate will play a bit part in the s4 drama...

Honestly-- if they go that route-- I'm almost going to be a bit ...disappointed, because it's almost TOO obvious. I'd like them to finally give us some backstory-- character motivations and all of that stuff before they whack her! :-)

July 23, 2015 9:39 pm  #333

Dorothy83 wrote:

... and since they think we all love Mary so much...

Ah, well, the Moftiss is almighty but not THAT much... 

"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

July 23, 2015 9:43 pm  #334

RavenMorganLeigh wrote:

Dorothy83 wrote:

RavenMorganLeigh wrote:

Honestly-- if they go that route-- I'm almost going to be a bit ...disappointed, because it's almost TOO obvious. I'd like them to finally give us some backstory-- character motivations and all of that stuff before they whack her! :-)

character motivation for what? We already know what she did. We don't know in detail because we're supposed to go along with John's 'romantic gesture' of refusing to read the usb stick and awww at it. But like John said, she is now Mary Watson, so I don't think they're going to delve into her backstory anymore than that - and I agree because, really, that would make the show too 'Mary-centric', and the show is not about her.

July 23, 2015 9:44 pm  #335

mrshouse wrote:

Dorothy83 wrote:

I am 120% sure that Moffat thinks we've all bought the 'wawawaaa I love John so much' scene from Mary and the 'your problems are my privilege' stupidity, and he thinks we now like her just because John has taken her back.

July 23, 2015 9:47 pm  #336

Gosh, he cannot truly believe this, can he? 

July 23, 2015 9:50 pm  #337

Dorothy83 wrote:

mrshouse wrote:

Dorothy83 wrote:

I am 120% sure that Moffat thinks we've all bought the 'wawawaaa I love John so much' scene from Mary and the 'your problems are my privilege' stupidity, and he thinks we now like her just because John has taken her back.

Apparently. (sigh) 

July 23, 2015 9:52 pm  #338

Why not? That's the direction he wanted us to go in HLV. Lovely Mary turns into Killer Mary (wow twist!)  - Killer Mary turns into Poor-Mary-who-did-it-for-love-and-actually-saved-Sherlock's-life (wow another twist!) - John takes her back = audience swoons.

I am convinced that he thinks that whoever doesn't like her now does so because they're Johnlockers who don't want Mary in the way.

(ps I NEVER thought Mary was lovely, NEVER EVER liked her - but some people seemed to adore her before HLV and Moffat knows that)

July 23, 2015 10:02 pm  #339

Well, yes, I'm a Johnlocker, but my problem with Mary, as we have discussed widely in various Mary-threads, was NEVER EVER that she gets in the way of "my" ship. I'm no stubborn teenage girl swooning. I ADORED Sarah, just for the record. I want concentration on the boys, and noone treating them like dummys and running after them to save their butts. So, back to Holmes and Watson, please, and therefore - Topic!- no baby, please....

July 23, 2015 10:30 pm  #340

mrshouse wrote:

Well, yes, I'm a Johnlocker, but my problem with Mary, as we have discussed widely in various Mary-threads, was NEVER EVER that she gets in the way of "my" ship. I'm no stubborn teenage girl swooning. I ADORED Sarah, just for the record. I want concentration on the boys, and noone treating them like dummys and running after them to save their butts. So, back to Holmes and Watson, please, and therefore - Topic!- no baby, please....

YES!!!!!! Spot on. 

Board footera