BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 26, 2014 3:06 pm  #121

Re: Emmy nominations for HLV

Awh, I got all teary eyed watching that clip. Congrats Moffat! 

I actually wrote an email to the Danish news suggesting they mentioned Sherlock for the win (playing on the Danish actor)... I feel so silly for doing that... but well... I'm obsessed am I not?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

August 26, 2014 3:15 pm  #122

The look of utter surprise on Moffat's face when they announce him is hilarious XD

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

August 26, 2014 3:19 pm  #123

Yeah, it is. That:" What? Me?" look ...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

August 26, 2014 3:27 pm  #124

I'll admit to being completely shocked by Sherlock winning any of those awards last night.  I truly thought Fargo or The Normal Heart was going to take those categories.  It was a pleasant surprise as they just took each category.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

August 26, 2014 3:39 pm  #125

gently69 wrote:

Yeah, it is. That:" What? Me?" look ...

he was utterly stunned.  Gobsmacked if you will.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 26, 2014 3:43 pm  #126

Do we know why Ben and Martin weren't there? Genuinely busy or a case of 'there's no way we're going to win, so what's the point?' So sad not to see them there.

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

August 26, 2014 3:53 pm  #127

Martin plays Richard III on stage and Benedict probably plays Richard III for Hollow Crown (or something for SunnyMarch, there are no photos).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

August 26, 2014 5:24 pm  #128

Jamie Lloyd (director of Richard III) said via Twitter that Martin could have joined the Emmy Awards but  he decided to do Monday's £15 performance.
https://twitter.com/lloydjamie/status/504078081616011264

I love him even more now  .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

August 26, 2014 5:39 pm  #129

Awh bless him! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

August 26, 2014 6:25 pm  #130

Professional.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 26, 2014 6:28 pm  #131

I read somewhere on tumblr today that Benedict is doing something for the "Jungle Book" at the moment, don't know if it's true though.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 26, 2014 6:30 pm  #132

Germansherlockfan wrote:

I can´t believe there are already comments even from Sherlock fans on how BC´s and MF´s wins weren´t deserved at all and they only won because the TV academy didn´t want Mark Ruffalo and Matt Bomer to win for a movie about gay people!

That's indeed absurd. Usually people who play a gay character get the awards, because they are so "brave" to play to play a gay. I won't comment that. Therefore I wouldn't have thought Ben could win against Mark Ruffalo. I'm sure A mighty heart is a wonderful film and Mark is great in it and I would watch it, but yeah Benedict got it!!!! It's sad that both he and Martin weren't there, I'd have loved to hear Martins acceptance speech  and Bens nervous stuttering 

sj4iy wrote:

The look of utter surprise on Moffat's face when they announce him is hilarious XD

Yes, that was so great and funny, he looked like I have looked when I went to the Emmy site this morning at work.

I'm also very happy for cinematography and music, both very brilliant especially the camera.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

August 26, 2014 6:33 pm  #133

Yes, apparently he missed the Emmy's because of his Jungle Book work.
We thought he wasn't starting Hollow Crown until later in the year.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 26, 2014 6:59 pm  #134

Aaaand here's a small sampling of media stories on Sherlock's Emmy wins: 
Variety
 The Hollywood Reporter
 EOnline
Digital Spy
Forbes
The Telegraph
Liberty Voice

Last edited by REReader (August 26, 2014 8:42 pm)

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

August 26, 2014 8:24 pm  #135

REReader wrote:

Aaaand here's a small sampling of media stories on Sherlock's Emmy wins: Variety
 The Hollywood Reporter
 EOnline
Digital Spy
Forbes
The Telegraph
Liberty Voice

Thank you for this beautiful selection - there was next to nothing in our newspapers.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

August 26, 2014 8:42 pm  #136

My pleasure! 

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

August 26, 2014 9:49 pm  #137

This is awesome

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

August 26, 2014 9:56 pm  #138

Aaaawwwww! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

August 26, 2014 10:52 pm  #139

Perfection! Aawh!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

August 27, 2014 12:42 am  #140

And The New York Times didn't mention Sherlock either in its coverage of the awards ceremony.  Shame on them!  But the top Readers' Picks comment takes them to task for that.  See: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/26/arts/television/emmy-winners-breaking-bad-modern-family.html?ref=todayspaper&_r=1 for the article and then click on the comments section to the right to read how one reader chastised the newspaper.  Other comments also criticized the newspaper for not mentioning Sherlock.

As for Martin staying in London to do his show: Good for him!  Just think of all the fans who had tickets to that show to see him, only to find he'd gone to the Emmys instead...  Definitely a real professional to put his audience first.

Steven's speech was short, sweet and to the point.

I would love to have seen Benedict's face when he found out he'd won!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

Board footera