BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 26, 2014 1:34 am  #61

Re: Emmy nominations for HLV

Finally, our Ben gets some recognition for being a brilliant actor. I bet it was that Mind Palace sequence that really won the Jurors' hearts. Congrats to both Martin and Ben for such a fantastic win. You deserve it! 

Last edited by BreathingIsBoring (August 26, 2014 2:10 am)

August 26, 2014 1:36 am  #62

That's 7 Emmys in total for "Sherlock" this season.  Nice job, team!

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

August 26, 2014 1:50 am  #63

This is amazing, I didn't expect three more Emmys for Sherlock! His Last Vow was an emotional rollercoaster, bravo for Steven Moffat. Congratulations for Martin and Benedict, well deserved. My God, it's almost four in the morning in Poland but I'm glad I stayed up

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

August 26, 2014 1:51 am  #64

I'm feeling like all of my good kharma was used up with Sherlock and now Game of Thrones won't win anything XD

/please kharma, hold out!

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.

August 26, 2014 3:40 am  #65

I have never in my life paid attention to anything about the Emmys, but I just checked Buzzfeed before bed and nearly fell off my chair.

“Sherlock” Was The Biggest Winner At The Emmys

I am impressed!

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

August 26, 2014 3:49 am  #66

OMG OMG OMG!!!

I didn't bother to watch the Emmys because I really didn't think Sherlock was going to win anything other than, perhaps, for its music.  Oh me of little faith!  SO HAPPY for BC especially and also everyone else!!!  Off to surf the web for articles, videos, and reactions... 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

August 26, 2014 4:11 am  #67

Wonderful!
Wow, that's amazing! I didn't expect anything like this, to be honest. What a great reward for the whole team - and it was about time that Benedict got recognized for his outstanding performance as Sherlock.
tumblr and the whole internet will be buzzing right now...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 26, 2014 4:25 am  #68

YAY.
So well-deserved, all three of them!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

August 26, 2014 4:37 am  #69

Well, Breaking Bad was really the biggest winner (as expected), being in the drama category and nearly sweeping it.  But Sherlock was very unexpected, being up against the likes of Fargo.  Great to see it take such big honors for such a great episode.

Last edited by sj4iy (August 26, 2014 4:40 am)

August 26, 2014 4:53 am  #70

I also am very happy and impressed. Benedict, Martin and Stephen ... YES!!!!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

August 26, 2014 4:55 am  #71

And backstage Steven said this:

We have a plan to top it. And I do think our plan is devastating. We’ve practically reduced our cast to tears telling them the plan … we’re probably more excited that we’ve ever been about Sherlock.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

August 26, 2014 4:59 am  #72

Oh Moffat ... please!!! How many years to wait??? 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

August 26, 2014 5:04 am  #73

It'll be a long, loooong wait...

August 26, 2014 5:09 am  #74

Sounds familiar to me ... for various reasons. 

(Tony Hadley)

August 26, 2014 5:19 am  #75

Well, after S2 I only had to wait for a bit more than half a year, just because I was so late to the party. But now... now it'll be very interesting indeed. My first real hiatus!
Tonight I'll definitely watch HLV again.

August 26, 2014 5:23 am  #76

Adding a very belated  YAAAAAAAAYYY!!!          
I was so happily torn, liking all those great actors who were up against each other, and wanting Fargo to get accolades as well.  But this is just awesome and so long-deserved for our guys!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

August 26, 2014 5:41 am  #77

Sorry for getting up only now. What a way to start the day!!!!

So well deserved. And I am especially happy for Benedict who so often missed out. Congrats to the whole team. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 26, 2014 5:42 am  #78

And another indication of how 'big' "Sherlock" is in Germany: The most important news agency in Germany, the Deutsche Presse-Agentur, doesn't mention "Sherlock" at all in their news coverage this morning.

August 26, 2014 5:42 am  #79

I wasn't torn at all, but honestly didn't think they would win a thing...
Lovely to see Steven, Sue and Mark in the BBC report I just caught...but Benedict and Martin would have been nice!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 26, 2014 5:51 am  #80

SolarSystem wrote:

And another indication of how 'big' "Sherlock" is in Germany: The most important news agency in Germany, the Deutsche Presse-Agentur, doesn't mention "Sherlock" at all in their news coverage this morning.

Right, the words coming into my mind now are not really ... nice. 
And why that? Because of airing "policy" of German TV?

(Tony Hadley)

Board footera