BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 10, 2014 9:49 pm  #101

Re: Sein letzter Schwur (HLV), German TV ARD, June 9, 2014

Harriet wrote:

It is! And there is another one where he is close to jumping down. Well, he has grown on me. Kind of, that is

Who has grown on you, the detective or the Moriarty look-alike?
Btw and seriously, I think Jörg Hartmann is a great actor and he would actually be the only reason for me to watch a "Tatort" again.

Whisky, glad to hear that your tv survived HLV.
And just go ahead and read the thread, you will see that some of us had similar experiences in terms of the dubbing.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

June 10, 2014 9:50 pm  #102

I think they're rerunning series 3 on Eins Festival or some other ARD spin off this month, for those who might have missed it.

June 10, 2014 9:51 pm  #103

Whisky wrote:

Haven't read the whole thread yet and have no idea what's it about right now ;o)
just wanted so say, I liked the dubbing of HLV. Some scenes I didn't like, but the experience as a whole was much better than expected. Few scenes where even better in german, which really suprised me (cannot remember which ones exactly, will have to buy the DVD tomorrow to watch again)

Bad luck about the thunderstorm though. Our TV tried to shut down exactly during the Appledore scene, because the thunderstorm was getting too close. I got upset but was ready to accept the defeat, when my mother decided that Sherlock would be absolutely worth sacrificing our TV. So we continued watching till the end! *hugs to mum!* (our TV survived, while I still hope Moriarty didn't)

Discussion here - Short version: "Dubbing Agreeable." 

What a sweet mum you have! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

June 10, 2014 9:52 pm  #104

Kudos to your mum, Whisky. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 11, 2014 9:49 am  #105

Harriet wrote:

gently69 wrote:

Ah yes, but this guy has stronger problems, hasn't he?

Well, he has no boyfriend

Hey, have a look at him:

http://i.prod.nzzdali.ch/eos/v2/image/view/643/-/text/inset/f8fde135/1.18233423/1391179785/tatort-dortmund.jpg

and this scene with Jim for the poor

http://www.wa.de/bilder/2014/01/31/3343066/1790893099-329853ef-8d8c-4270-bc5b-0480e56c953e-iL34.jpg

Oh my god, what is this? Is this for real?

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

June 11, 2014 9:52 am  #106

Yes. I have seen it with my own eyes. You can imagine what happened on Twitter during the airing. 

And have a look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWrFWJ3me1Q

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 11, 2014 10:19 am  #107

Right, that was fun. 

Oh and yes, the video. Have a look and listen.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

June 11, 2014 10:20 am  #108

Aren´t they a bit ashamed for this plagiarism?

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

June 11, 2014 10:26 am  #109

I am not sure if they were even aware of this similarity. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

June 11, 2014 10:30 am  #110

You know what Mycroft says about coincidence? 

June 11, 2014 10:35 am  #111

Right. Sorry. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

June 11, 2014 11:49 am  #112

That aside, it´s funny like your own eyes can fool you sometimes.
The first time I saw German title of this episode, my eyes authomatically read it like "Sein letzter Schwul".
Probably too much Johlock or too much sun.

June 11, 2014 12:07 pm  #113

June 11, 2014 12:08 pm  #114

Oh god, nakahara, that just almost made me fall off the sofa, laughing...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

June 11, 2014 12:29 pm  #115

Sorry

June 11, 2014 12:43 pm  #116

SusiGo wrote:

Yes. I have seen it with my own eyes. You can imagine what happened on Twitter during the airing. 

And have a look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWrFWJ3me1Q

what? ^^

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

June 11, 2014 12:43 pm  #117

This is not even subtle. 

June 11, 2014 12:50 pm  #118

Everytime I see that woman next to that car, I'm hearing Lestrade saying "plane crash in Düsseldorf".

June 11, 2014 1:12 pm  #119

nakahara wrote:

That aside, it´s funny like your own eyes can fool you sometimes.
The first time I saw German title of this episode, my eyes authomatically read it like "Sein letzter Schwul".
Probably too much Johlock or too much sun.

I think a bit of both. 

(Tony Hadley)

June 11, 2014 1:22 pm  #120

Yes, cold drinks are in order, it seems.
But excess Johnlock can´t be helped, I´m afraid.

Board footera