BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 1, 2014 9:50 am  #1

There's an East Wind coming... and Poland says "hello" :)

Hi there, I'm Martha (Marta) and as you can see I'm from Poland Age 22, future vet, in love with animals, books, music, Sherlock, Benedict Cumberbatch and Disney's Lion King :D I'm new to Sherlock's community but I've already seen all 3 series about 6 times so I hope it's a good start

So, onec again, hello everybody and have a nice day :D

PS. I'm not good at English so sorry for my mistakes

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

May 1, 2014 9:56 am  #2

Re: There's an East Wind coming... and Poland says "hello" :)

Welcome, Marta, nice to have you here. Sounds like the best start. And do not worry, your English is fine and we have man non-native speakers here, including myself. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 1, 2014 10:00 am  #3

Hi, warm welcome from me as well 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 1, 2014 2:06 pm  #4

Welcome Martha, really creative name of the topic

May 1, 2014 2:41 pm  #5

The same country (północ, południe? Jeśli mogę spytać), the same name and the same age - I had to make sure I wasn't reading my own post! But it's ok, I'm not going to be a vet  Welcome Marta!

About the name of the topic: maybe not everyone had noticed (OK, probably only we, Poles, had noticed and we are crazy about it) but Sherlock's suicide mission was supposed to begin in Poland (from The Last Vow: click

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

May 1, 2014 3:24 pm  #6

batchlock - thank you very much
Marta - I live in Warsaw all my life

About the name of the topic: maybe not everyone had noticed (OK, probably only we, Poles, had noticed and we are crazy about it) but Sherlock's suicide mission was supposed to begin in Poland (from The Last Vow: click

When I saw it for the first time I couldn't stop laughing

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

May 1, 2014 3:40 pm  #7

Welcome to the forum, I hope you have bundles of fun!!

“Because I’m desperate, that’s why. Because Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one.”

May 1, 2014 5:40 pm  #8

Welcome, MartaSt! Have fun on the forum Even two Polish I can see in this thread, makes me wonder how that happened suddenly, hah! Good to know I'm not alone anymore :]

The Road goes ever on and on...

May 1, 2014 5:57 pm  #9

Hello and welcome to the forum.
I'm from Poland too. Not called Marta though.

May 1, 2014 10:56 pm  #10

Hi, and welcome to the forum! And yes, that is a very good start!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I'm not a hero. I'm a high functioning sociapath! MERRY CHRISTMAS!"

~Sherlock Holmes, His Last Vow

"Hello, little brother. Enjoying your exile?"

"I've only been gone four minutes!"

~Mycroft and Sherlock Holmes, His Last Vow

May 2, 2014 12:38 pm  #11

Hello and welcome to the forum!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera