BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 24, 2012 11:26 pm  #21

Re: British Academy Television Craft Awards Nominations Announced

Just because I love those polls, even if they are useless, vote for who should win an award : ).
For Benedict : http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-04-24/Bafta-TV-Awards-2012-nominees-Leading-Actor---who-should-win?
For Martin and Andrew : http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-04-23/Bafta-TV-Awards-2012-nominees-Supporting-Actor---who-should-win?
I love the Sherlock fandom = ).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wanted! Schrödinger's cat. Dead and alive."

April 24, 2012 11:33 pm  #22

Wow, Benedict 1666... and the second is John Simm with 91!!

And Andrew Scott 834 vs Freeman 744... and the other two have 31 and 34...

Yes, gotta love this fandom 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

April 25, 2012 1:36 am  #23

looks good on paper ... BUT.....

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

April 25, 2012 3:16 am  #24

Yeah exactly. People are getting excited by the radio times poll results but they are open to international fans and the BAFTA vote is not. Don't be fooled!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

April 25, 2012 3:57 pm  #25

It's pretty obvious that Sherlock followers are the ones voting there...hopefully, they are also BAFTA voters!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

April 25, 2012 10:01 pm  #26

Yeah but again, non UK residents can vote on the radio times poll. So it doesn't necessarily correllate.

UK PEOPLE VOTE ON OUR BEHALF PLEAAAAASE???

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 26, 2012 2:45 am  #27

Have you seen this on Tumblr?

"If the hits to the BAFTA video clips are anything to go by (and they were last year) then Celebrity Juice is beating Sherlock in the BAFTA Audience Award. As Celebrity Juice is unlikely to have non UK interest its more likely that the hits are translating into votes.

A number of Sherlock’s hits are likely to be people outside of the UK who love the show who dont realise initially that they can’t vote until after they watch the video clip that accompanies it."

So just because a non-official poll says Sherlock is winning, doesn't mean it will be that way.
We cannot rest on this people; TO ARMS !! TO ARMS!!!

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

May 1, 2012 9:49 pm  #28

You can vote for who you want to win here. It doesn't have any actual impact I don't think, just an opinion poll, but it's pretty interesting to see how many Sherlockians are logging on:

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-04-24/bafta-tv-awards-2012-nominees---who-do-you-think-should-win

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

May 2, 2012 1:20 am  #29

Doesn't count & Radio Times are lapping up the hit counts on their site to attract more dollars in advertising, how very American , lol.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

May 2, 2012 7:11 am  #30

The Radio Times in an arm of the BBC. The only advertising you will see on their site is for The Open University. The BBC is publiclly funded through the TV license fee here in the UK.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 2, 2012 7:29 am  #31

BBC no longer owns it's magazines, so it's not funded the same way. It's a seperate company with ties to the BBC. However the advertising & the online traffic still goes towards promoting & so any 'current' subject can be flogged to death all in the name of circulation & hence money in the end.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

May 13, 2012 8:06 pm  #32

Just to mention it:
SCANDAL won three BAFTAs tonight in  the categories Editing/Fiction, Sound/Fiction and Writer.
Congrats!!
http://www.bafta.org/television/craft-awards/nominees-winners-2012,3236,BA.html

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 13, 2012 8:52 pm  #33

Whoop! Whoop! Whoop!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 13, 2012 10:51 pm  #34

Three out of three... Yay!!
Pity that can't happen in acting cathegories...

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

May 14, 2012 1:23 am  #35

They nominated in three.
They won three.

100% effort people.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

May 14, 2012 3:01 am  #36

So exciting! Congrats to them - well deserved.

May 14, 2012 6:06 am  #37

Celebration time! Come on!

May 14, 2012 5:39 pm  #38

I have a YouTube link for anyone who wants to watch the 2012 Craft Awards. This will show you a list of each award and you can then click on the one you want to watch.

www.youtube.com/playlist?listLd089168031498703&feature=plcp

Steven Moffat won Best Wroter for Scandal in Belgravia.
Jeremy Child, John Mooney, Doug Sinclair and Howard Bargroff. Won Best Sound- fiction.
Charlie Phillips won Best Editing.

Andrew Scott presented the Production Design award.

May 14, 2012 5:43 pm  #39

Oops one letter missing in the link above. Let's try again!

www.youtube.com/playlist?listPLD0B9168031498703&feature=plcp

May 14, 2012 5:44 pm  #40

Ok! Its not working! I give up! Can someone else have a go at putting the link there please!

Board footera