BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 23, 2014 11:01 am  #1161

Re: Post Your Absence

Can't make it to any date. Sooo sad ...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

May 23, 2014 11:16 am  #1162

But it helps that you will have beautiful Crete around you - I envy you so!
Have a great time!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

May 23, 2014 11:27 am  #1163

Thank you.
It doesn't hurt that much to be honest. I prefer the original version anyway.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

May 23, 2014 12:28 pm  #1164

gently69 wrote:

Right, Crete is waiting for me. Well ... not right now already, but on Sunday morning I am going to leave my sweet home for two weeks. There seems to be an Internet connection but I don't know how it will be and how often I can show up here. Hopefully I can cope with it not being in here all day. Hard times are coming. Certainly gonna miss you.

OK, I am officially envious to the max. That sounds like a really nice way to spend 2 weeks.  Have fun, we'll miss you too.

May 23, 2014 12:48 pm  #1165

Thanks a lot. Hopefully I can show up here now and then.

(Tony Hadley)

May 24, 2014 10:53 am  #1166

Have a lovely time. I have ALWAYS wanted to visit Crete. Are you planning to visit Knossos? Have a meses and a retsina or ouzo (yuck) for me. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 24, 2014 11:43 am  #1167

Crete is fab.
Knossos great.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 24, 2014 12:14 pm  #1168

Thank you, ladies. Don't have any concrete plans, what we will visit there. So ...

Last edited by gently69 (May 24, 2014 12:15 pm)

(Tony Hadley)

May 24, 2014 12:44 pm  #1169

We made a hike through the Samariá Gorge. It was fun, beautiful landscape but also sore muscles afterwards  . Have fun gently, Crete is great, one of the best holidays I had in the last couple of years.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

May 24, 2014 1:44 pm  #1170

And remains the only place I've really had a ' room with a view'.
Well, from a hotel at least.
My son't flat looks straight on to the Alps.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 26, 2014 9:38 am  #1171

gently69 wrote:

Right, Crete is waiting for me. Well ... not right now already, but on Sunday morning I am going to leave my sweet home for two weeks. There seems to be an Internet connection but I don't know how it will be and how often I can show up here.
Hopefully I can cope with it not being in here all day. Hard times are coming. Certainly gonna miss you.

Have a great time, gently.
Don't get distracted by thinking of us...

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

May 27, 2014 3:36 am  #1172

besleybean wrote:

And remains the only place I've really had a ' room with a view'.
Well, from a hotel at least. My son's flat looks straight on to the Alps.

Austria? Switzerland?  How does your son happen to live in that part of Europe, bb?  Just me being nosy, feel free to ignore the question. :-)

May 27, 2014 5:39 am  #1173

Italy!
He teaches English there.

May 27, 2014 8:45 pm  #1174

besleybean wrote:

Italy!
He teaches English there.

I guessed two Alpine countries and forgot about Italy!  I've seen that area on TV, it's gorgeous. Have you been to visit?

May 27, 2014 8:49 pm  #1175

Yep, we were there between Xmas and New Year.

June 3, 2014 4:04 am  #1176

Off to Belgium for the rest of the week but will be back on Saturday!! Going to the NASA spacgcentre - so excited!!!!! will miss all of you though!!! See you soon!!

"Anderson, don’t talk out loud. You lower the IQ of the whole street.”
 - Sherlock Holmes
"Brainy's the new sexy"  -  Irene Adler
“We solve crimes. I blog about it, he forgets his pants. I wouldn’t hold out to much hope.”  - John Watson
"Is that a British Army Browning L9A1 in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?"  - Jim Moriarty

June 3, 2014 4:37 am  #1177

Have a great time! And the NASA spacecentre sounds awfully exciting!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

June 3, 2014 8:23 am  #1178

Bye - and enjoy lots! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

June 7, 2014 2:22 pm  #1179

Back now!! It was fantastic!!!! Did you miss me??? ;)

"Anderson, don’t talk out loud. You lower the IQ of the whole street.”
 - Sherlock Holmes
"Brainy's the new sexy"  -  Irene Adler
“We solve crimes. I blog about it, he forgets his pants. I wouldn’t hold out to much hope.”  - John Watson
"Is that a British Army Browning L9A1 in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?"  - Jim Moriarty

June 7, 2014 2:33 pm  #1180

Glad to have you back 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

Board footera