BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 25, 2016 10:54 am  #5981

Re: The comprehensive Johnlock guide (Johnlockers only)

SusiGo wrote:

Not sure where to put it but this might be the right place. Because this is amazing. It seems at the pool John still had the micro clipped on him after Jim left for the first time. So this is what Moriarty heard:

http://dmellieon.tumblr.com/post/140511360788/this-might-get-buried-so-deep-among-all-your-other

Oh yes, I remember laughing out loud/torturing an owl when this passed on my dash
I still do, tbh

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

March 25, 2016 11:00 am  #5982

SusiGo wrote:

What? No posts for four days? So let me break your hearts just a little bit:

https://youtu.be/XgnCHPmVcpU

At some point my heart stopped beating and was reduced to smithereens.

*crawls to the kitchen to prepare tea*

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

March 25, 2016 11:08 am  #5983

I wholeheartedly agree with the General Opinion *salutes* on LoudestSubtext's departure from the Fandom.

March 25, 2016 11:09 am  #5984

nakahara wrote:

Something on a snowy morning:

http://fiend-fyres.tumblr.com/post/34308381768/sorry-about-dinner

Exactly.

March 25, 2016 11:16 am  #5985

nakahara wrote:

Sherlock with "Young Werther" shades? Hmmm...

http://taylorleighwrites.tumblr.com/post/141001767425/sherlock-and-goethe

Okay, the parallel's interesting, but...I mean, Sherlock wouldn't do that, would he?
'This is your heart, and you should never let it rule your head' was his motto, at some point. And yet, in series 3, after John and Mary's marriage...
*leaves the wedding early...*
*seemingly falls off the bandwagon and gets back to drugs...*
*kills*
*Sherlock ODing in STAB*

Even if the end result of Sherlock's actions is not the same as Werther's, they are pretty destructive...

March 25, 2016 11:40 am  #5986

Lilythiell wrote:

nakahara wrote:

A difference between romance and bromance, part 2:

http://cinnkegan.tumblr.com/post/140292304383/this-is-what-a-tv-bromance-looks-like

bless this post.

Remember, the "B" is silent.  

PS.  Did everyone see my "spoiler" in the S4 thread?   *giggle*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

March 25, 2016 11:42 am  #5987

Not yet, I'm getting there.

March 26, 2016 1:28 am  #5988

nakahara wrote:

Something on a snowy morning:

http://fiend-fyres.tumblr.com/post/34308381768/sorry-about-dinner

This post gives me so much life. The whole "Why would I have dinner if I'm not hungry?" scene is very Johnlock-y just because Sherlock is willing to sit down and have dinner with John even if he's not hungry. The exact reason why he turned down Irene.

~proud member of OSAJ~

What is Lestrade's division?

March 26, 2016 11:15 pm  #5989

Apparently the caption reads ‘They respect, appreciate and love each other: Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson…’ and the verb "lieben" means to love romantically?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 26, 2016 11:20 pm  #5990

Definitely. We have two similar verbs in German. "Lieben" is to love someone in a romantic and/or sexual sende. "Lieb haben" means to like/love/hold dear as applied to good friends, relatives, etc. For the article they chose the first verb so there is really no doubt about the meaning. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 26, 2016 11:21 pm  #5991

"lieben" is generic just as "love", but "lieben sich" is mostly used in romantic situations, though not nedessarily.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

March 26, 2016 11:23 pm  #5992

Cross, Susi, and I have to slightly disagree, because children or animals can also "sich lieben" to indicate a very intimate relationship 

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

March 26, 2016 11:26 pm  #5993

I think it is quite a big step for a German newspaper to use this verb in this context. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 26, 2016 11:27 pm  #5994

That's true 

March 26, 2016 11:28 pm  #5995

... and let's add that "lieben sich" might also be used for "make love" 

March 26, 2016 11:28 pm  #5996

Yes. Indeed. Very important. 

March 26, 2016 11:41 pm  #5997

Probably they had this in mind right from the start 

March 27, 2016 4:11 am  #5998

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 27, 2016 9:20 am  #5999

Very good. 

March 29, 2016 6:07 pm  #6000

TJLC Explained: [Episode 10] The Great Game

Board footera