BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 15, 2015 5:51 pm  #3921

Re: The comprehensive Johnlock guide (Johnlockers only)

Beautiful edit, Lazarus! 

I, on the other hands, discovered something funny - an interesting observation on thing John said in TBB:

http://thescienceofjohnlock.tumblr.com/post/62421827545/sherlockbitches-john-what-what-are-you

LOLOL! 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

February 15, 2015 7:09 pm  #3922

Thank you ^^

And yes that's a great one. It came up when I random googled something a while ago and I just sat here giggling  

-Could you whisper...?
-NOT REALLY!!

February 15, 2015 11:19 pm  #3923

nakahara wrote:

Beautiful edit, Lazarus! 

I, on the other hands, discovered something funny - an interesting observation on thing John said in TBB:

http://thescienceofjohnlock.tumblr.com/post/62421827545/sherlockbitches-john-what-what-are-you

LOLOL! 

oh my god, I had not seen that one!    John, you sly dog.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

February 16, 2015 2:09 pm  #3924

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 16, 2015 2:20 pm  #3925

Poor Sherlock. His plan didn't work out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

February 16, 2015 2:22 pm  #3926

But is it not amazing that we are still discovering things like that? I mean, we have watched this over and over again …

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 16, 2015 2:23 pm  #3927

Not often enough it seems.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 16, 2015 3:04 pm  #3928

I think we should watch some more.

For science............

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

February 16, 2015 3:15 pm  #3929

Always for science!

February 16, 2015 3:29 pm  #3930

I actually did some scientific researtch today myself. Series two got another run through 

-Could you whisper...?
-NOT REALLY!!

February 17, 2015 11:08 am  #3931

Very sorry to edit this post, Lazarus, but it is a spoiler for another series. Hope you understand. Please enjoy over in the other thread.

Susi 

Last edited by SusiGo (February 17, 2015 1:26 pm)

-Could you whisper...?
-NOT REALLY!!

February 17, 2015 11:50 am  #3932

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

February 17, 2015 12:34 pm  #3933

One of the cruellest moments in S3 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

February 17, 2015 3:37 pm  #3934

How nice to see the most heart-breaking moment of the entire show split up in gifs.

*sniff*

February 17, 2015 9:28 pm  #3935

It's sadder when some of the audiance think Moffitson are simply making gay jokes in the show. Did anyone laugh at this scene? Could anyone laugh, even though John’s making a joke, upon seeing Sherlock’s face here? Even mary's kinda making an apologetic face before getting out of view.

Last edited by tykobrian (February 17, 2015 9:33 pm)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Series arc of Sherlock | Clues to #johnlock being endgame | My fav Sherlock blog

February 17, 2015 9:43 pm  #3936

I think the gay joke things only applies to misunderstandings, "if you are needing two", etc. In my opinion e.g. the dancefloor scene and the tarmac scene have nothing to do with jokes but with true love. 

February 18, 2015 2:55 am  #3937

Hi Johnlockers. I've only been a fan of Sherlock for about 3 weeks after watching all of the episodes back to back recently. I would not have given the idea of a romance between Sherlock and John any real thought until I read some of this forum. All the scenes referring to Sherlock and John being a couple, in my mind, were just playful and humorous lines written to titillate and amuse the audience. However out of curiosity I have read the article at the beginning of this thread and I have to say, wow! It is very convincing, and has definitely make me think. I don't think I will become an active Johnlock-shipper, as I usually accept what the writers present and don't speculate on things or try to find hidden meanings, but I would not be adverse to the idea if that is how the story unfolds. As John says, it's all fine 

Last edited by ukaunz (February 18, 2015 3:29 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 18, 2015 3:03 am  #3938

tykobrian wrote:

Reading the new thread on this board on BBC Sherlock's entry in TVTropes.com reminded me of an old project by a tumblr user where they listed some of the most common romantic tropes used in the show. Check it (1, 2) out.

Oh god, the more I read/watch the more I lean... You may have a convert 

Last edited by ukaunz (February 18, 2015 3:23 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 18, 2015 5:18 am  #3939

ukaunz wrote:

I don't think I will become an active Johnlock-shipper, as I usually accept what the writers present

But that's the interesting question here, isn't it? What is it that they actually do present us with? And are the messages really all that hidden? Or do you only have to look a little closer - and sometimes not even that is necessary?
Since this is not meant to be a discussion thread, maybe you want to check out the Johnlock debate thread:
http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=3657

Last edited by SolarSystem (February 18, 2015 5:19 am)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

February 18, 2015 5:23 am  #3940

...but  as a fresh convent you are welcome here, too. Have fun.

Board footera