BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 8, 2015 9:52 pm  #3441

Re: The comprehensive Johnlock guide (Johnlockers only)

The only thing that matters is that they do kiss. And that we eventually get to see it. 

And something not new but highly symbolic:

http://crunchy-pickles.tumblr.com/post/107504794490/well-then

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 8, 2015 9:56 pm  #3442

SusiGo wrote:

The only thing that matters is that they do kiss. And that we eventually get to see it. 

Oooh! Nice observation! 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 8, 2015 10:09 pm  #3443

Sorry for being a party pooper, but that isn't the same shirt. John's shirt has pockets on the front, Sherlock's doesn't.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

January 9, 2015 12:21 am  #3444

SusiGo wrote:

That's what happens when you get dressed in the dark.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 9, 2015 8:43 am  #3445

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

January 9, 2015 8:50 am  #3446

Aaaand a little detail that had slipped my attention 
http://incurablylazydevil.tumblr.com/post/106898923488/anderson-thinks-that-sherlock-would-ruffle-his

Last edited by mrshouse (January 9, 2015 8:50 am)

"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

January 9, 2015 8:55 am  #3447

Don't! Do! That!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 9, 2015 8:56 am  #3448

mrshouse wrote:

Aaaand a little detail that had slipped my attention
http://incurablylazydevil.tumblr.com/post/106898923488/anderson-thinks-that-sherlock-would-ruffle-his

Yeah, missed that as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 9, 2015 3:03 pm  #3449

gently69 wrote:

Don't! Do! That!

This one is brilliant.

BTW, I really wanted to do some serious research for school on the internet when I stumbled over this one once more:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC1B2j0iulM

Last edited by Schmiezi (January 9, 2015 3:05 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 9, 2015 3:39 pm  #3450

Btw, David Nellist does not stop at Twitter. Take a look at his Facebook page:

http://gosherlocked.tumblr.com/post/107600783866/guess-what-this-is

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 9, 2015 5:02 pm  #3451

Sorry to interlope...but are you sure that's his actual page?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 9, 2015 5:02 pm  #3452

F*cough

Last edited by Harriet (January 9, 2015 5:03 pm)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 9, 2015 5:06 pm  #3453

besleybean wrote:

Sorry to interlope...but are you sure that's his actual page?

Yes, definitely. 

Last edited by SusiGo (January 9, 2015 5:09 pm)

January 9, 2015 7:28 pm  #3454

It really is. I went and checked  Can't believe this man 

-Could you whisper...?
-NOT REALLY!!

January 9, 2015 8:00 pm  #3455

oh, oh, I must friend him!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 9, 2015 9:33 pm  #3456

I'm rewatching S3 and noticed something interesting: Whenever John is complimenting Mary in a big way, it's usually said about Sherlock as well, in the same sentence.

- "I want to be up there with the two people I love and care about the most"
- "She has completely turned my life around. There is only one other person who has done the same and he (is a complete dickhead)"

There is also the proposal where John says to Mary that she is the best thing that could have happened to him when he met her. It's not at all a stretch to say that Sherlock was the best that could have happened to John when he met him as well.

Whatever big thing Mary has given John (turned his life around, someone to care and love for, being the right person in his life at the time), Sherlock has given him the exact same thing. I find that an interesting parallell, because usually what you get out of the relationship with a romantic partner and your best friend are two different things. They fulfull very different roles in your life. But so far with John (except the sexual aspect), Mary and Sherlock seem to fulfill exactly the same role in his life.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

January 9, 2015 11:55 pm  #3457

Vhanja, I just love your sig picture!  I can't stop looking at it.  I know it's setlock but this is how I want to imagine the characters when they finally get to where they are meant to be, i.e. Johnlocked.

Regarding your post, I agree with your parallels and believe that's why we essentially saw a triple wedding in TSoT.  Lucky John - between Mary and Sherlock he gets to have all his needs fulfilled.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

January 10, 2015 7:36 am  #3458

KeepersPrice wrote:

Lucky John - between Mary and Sherlock he gets to have all his needs fulfilled.

One would think so. Still he does not look happy at the beginning of HLV. I wonder why ... (No, I don't, of course.We all know why.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 10, 2015 10:34 am  #3459

Keepers - Thanks, I feel the same way. I fell in love with the picture myself the moment I saw it.

John being slightly miserable at the beginning of HLV I always saw as him missing action and adventure.

Team Hudders!

January 10, 2015 2:05 pm  #3460

We have a nice thread discussing the dream at the beginning btw.
Apart from that I'm not sure. In the dream we see one thing quite clearly: the moment Sherlock enters the scenery is not the one the battles start. It's the moment the dream scenery calms down. So apart from being a mirror for the very first scene in Asip it indicates very much that there is probably more between them than just "keeping John in trouble". Another point is, that we don't really see John truly happy when he's reunited with Sherlock again, see all the deduction Wiggins makes. What is the point of that, if all John wants is an adventure with his best bro from time to time, here it is, in this very moment. And furthermore supported by his wife, as we are meant to believe. So why isn't he just enjoying they can be out and about again? Writing this, I cannot think of a scene in HLV where John seems genuinely happy...

Board footera