BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 7, 2014 7:26 am  #3001

Re: The comprehensive Johnlock guide (Johnlockers only)

Wow, this is so beautiful. Nearly had me in tears. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 7, 2014 8:23 am  #3002

Yes, it's beautiful, isn't it? So many wonderful moments, and some of the cuts make such a wonderful connection between various episodes from different series... great. And sad.  

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

November 7, 2014 8:26 am  #3003

Snivel ...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

November 7, 2014 9:06 am  #3004

I don´t have words, it´s just so wonderful, need a handkerchief now - more than one.

Bitte nicht so drängeln, wir sind hier bei der Arbeit und nicht auf der Flucht!
Please don´t push, we are at work and not on the run.

November 7, 2014 11:31 am  #3005

I need a shock blanket and a couple of prozac.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

November 7, 2014 12:51 pm  #3006

Posting this here because I don't know where else to put it, plus I know the readers of this thread will probably sympathize with this writer's frustration.  And they wonder why we write and read johnlock fan fic to fix the canon we're given?

The writer is anigrrrl2, and I found it posted on marta-bee's tumblr.Mark and Steven were like let’s make a modern Sherlock Holmes and load it with subtext in every ounce of the show and make it super gay and create this epically heart breaking love story and change Watson’s character so that he’s even more in love with Holmes than he’s ever been in any adaptation and let’s have Mary actually be an evil villain so Watson doesn’t even have to be sad when she dies and have Holmes write a public love letter to Watson and vow he’ll be there for him the rest of his life and have Holmes literally claw his way back from the dead for Watson and show Mary in her wedding dress shooting him so that there is absolutely no question that watching Watson get married and leave him was the most painful moment of his life and have a whole bunch of parallel scenes between Watson and Holmes and female love interests just to unequivocally show how in love they are and have the queerness of the show be played up literally in the first fifteen minutes of the first episode when Sherlock makes a heteronormative assumption and gets it wrong and have John say “It’s all fine” and bring James Sholto from canon and change him so he’s associated with John instead of Mary and actually call him John’s “ex” just so we can firmly establish he’s bisexual, and we’ll spend a lot of time writing sexually and romantically suggestive lines like “I like my doctors clean shaven” and “I don’t mind/any time” and “I need some, get me some” and we’ll ramp up the emotional torture these two go through for each other like 1000x what it is in ACD and then…wait for it…this is gonna be great…THEY AREN’T IN LOVE AND JOHN WILL STAY MARRIED TO A WOMAN AND THEY’LL JUST BE BLOKES WHO SOLVE CRIMES TOGETHER OCCASIONALLY. AND NOT END UP TOGETHER. AND ALL OF THAT SEXUAL AND ROMANTIC TENSION THAT WE CAREFULLY CODED AND INSINUATED INTO NEARLY EVERY SINGLE SCENE OF THE SHOW MEANT ABSOLUTELY JACKSHIT. That will make total sense and be brilliant!I’m sure that’s how the conversation went. 

November 7, 2014 1:05 pm  #3007

Wow, the girl is all worked up!
But I agree with every word she has written.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 7, 2014 1:08 pm  #3008

nakahara wrote:

Wow, the girl is all worked up!
But I agree with every word she has written.

I think most of us are worked up, we're just not as articulate about it as this person was. And we spend a lot of effort trying to be polite about our opinions, at least, on this forum. I almost didn't post this, because it borders on impolite, but finally I decided I couldn't resist-- 'cause I agree with every word too!

November 7, 2014 1:13 pm  #3009

Urggghhhhhh  I´m not sure if I understood all or all in the right way but this
THEY AREN’T IN LOVE AND JOHN WILL STAY MARRIED TO A WOMAN AND THEY’LL JUST BE BLOKES WHO SOLVE CRIMES TOGETHER OCCASIONALLY. AND NOT END UP TOGETHER. AND ALL OF THAT SEXUAL AND ROMANTIC TENSION THAT WE CAREFULLY CODED AND INSINUATED INTO NEARLY EVERY SINGLE SCENE OF THE SHOW MEANT ABSOLUTELY JACKSHIT.
is exactly what I think about John and Sherlock and yes, I agree totaly too.

November 7, 2014 1:17 pm  #3010

Yes, that about nails it. It'll be truly brilliant if everything they have shown us so far in terms of romance will eventually have no meaning at all. There are so many hints, there is so much proof in the show - and no, we are not just making it up.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

November 7, 2014 1:54 pm  #3011

Neferu wrote:

Urggghhhhhh  I´m not sure if I understood all or all in the right way but this
THEY AREN’T IN LOVE AND JOHN WILL STAY MARRIED TO A WOMAN AND THEY’LL JUST BE BLOKES WHO SOLVE CRIMES TOGETHER OCCASIONALLY. AND NOT END UP TOGETHER. AND ALL OF THAT SEXUAL AND ROMANTIC TENSION THAT WE CAREFULLY CODED AND INSINUATED INTO NEARLY EVERY SINGLE SCENE OF THE SHOW MEANT ABSOLUTELY JACKSHIT.
is exactly what I think about John and Sherlock and yes, I agree totaly too.

I think you got it wrong, because it was meant in a sarcastic way and as a full support to the Johnlock issue, to which this thread here is dedicated.

For contributions discussing the if or not, please go and visit the thread intended for that:
http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=3657

Thank you 

Last edited by Harriet (November 7, 2014 1:55 pm)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 7, 2014 2:43 pm  #3012

Thanks for your hint. I feard I understood it in a wrong way, but the statement - if you take it not in an ironic way - was exaclty my opinion to this issue.
I saw the thread you are guiding me to and in future I will try to give my 50 cents to the discussion at the right part of the forum.

November 7, 2014 5:43 pm  #3013

That's alright, thanks 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 7, 2014 8:55 pm  #3014

SolarSystem wrote:

Yes, that about nails it. It'll be truly brilliant if everything they have shown us so far in terms of romance will eventually have no meaning at all. There are so many hints, there is so much proof in the show - and no, we are not just making it up.

No, we aren't. I've said all along that someone would have to be blind, and blind in more ways than just in their eyes, not to see and understand the clearly pre-slash character picture the writers have woven into everything. Those two were meant for each other. The actors and directors make sure the eye sechs and body language of sexual chemistry is constant, and IMO all of it serves only to wind up the audience. Which we are. Wound up, to the max. I don't think they'll ever "make them gay" in canon--  when and if they do, I will more than happily eat my hat. But in the meanwhile, I think the showrunners, writers and actors are just having us all on.

November 8, 2014 10:29 am  #3015

Sorry for getting shallow and all that but it is so fitting:

http://bennyslegs.tumblr.com/post/101971354785/confirmed

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 8, 2014 10:33 am  #3016

Shallow? Where? I don't see it.

November 8, 2014 10:34 am  #3017

Definitely shallow but a bit funny...

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

November 8, 2014 12:06 pm  #3018

SusiGo wrote:

Sorry for getting shallow and all that but it is so fitting:

http://bennyslegs.tumblr.com/post/101971354785/confirmed

Ah, and they say punctuation isn't important. lololol 

November 8, 2014 8:21 pm  #3019

Actually this belongs somewhere else but it is a beautiful story and to good to be torn to pieces. 

http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-14997/im-an-otherwise-straight-man-who-fell-in-love-with-his-best-friend.html

November 8, 2014 11:23 pm  #3020

Listened to a song...made an edit...

-Could you whisper...?
-NOT REALLY!!

Board footera