BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?



February 6, 2014 9:08 pm  #21


Re: Sherlock cast at Apple Store in London

Just saw it. Damn, they are all sooo cute! The hole thing between Martin and Amanda was one great declaration of love. After all those years. What a great couple! And Ben.....and his giggeling...*sigh*......i truly adore and love him!


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage"

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdv2esEUEf1r95h9eo1_500.png
 

February 7, 2014 6:35 am  #22


Re: Sherlock cast at Apple Store in London

Sava wrote:

Just saw it. Damn, they are all sooo cute! The hole thing between Martin and Amanda was one great declaration of love. After all those years. What a great couple! And Ben.....and his giggeling...*sigh*......i truly adore and love him!

 
Ditto.
I loved seeing Martin and Amanda together and I also loved watching them interact with Ben, they all seem to get along so well, it was really lovely to behold.
I also really liked what Steven Moffat said about the internet fandom, carefully and well formulated. Good on you, Moffat!


------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."
 
     Thread Starter
 

February 7, 2014 7:56 am  #23


Re: Sherlock cast at Apple Store in London

the_dancing_woman wrote:

Sava wrote:

Just saw it. Damn, they are all sooo cute! The hole thing between Martin and Amanda was one great declaration of love. After all those years. What a great couple! And Ben.....and his giggeling...*sigh*......i truly adore and love him!

 
Ditto.
I loved seeing Martin and Amanda together and I also loved watching them interact with Ben, they all seem to get along so well, it was really lovely to behold.
I also really liked what Steven Moffat said about the internet fandom, carefully and well formulated. Good on you, Moffat!

 
Is there any way you give a brief hint to what he said about the fanbase?
No worries at all if not, and I completely understand that it can't be posted word for word.
I'm just very intrigued at the moment by the fact that the writers and cast are continually being asked about "the fandom" - it's almost as if people are waiting for one of them to slip up and say something disrespectful.


"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles
 

February 7, 2014 8:16 am  #24


Re: Sherlock cast at Apple Store in London

I loved Steven's answer about the fandom. He basically said that from the present generation of fans who make their own things out of their passion for the show there will evolve the next generation of creators. Which is right if you think about him and Mark as fanboys who made their passion for ACD the basis for the show. He went on to say that they appreciate the response of the fans but cannot interact with it because this is not the way it works. 
There was not any sign of disrespect towards the fans on his side. 
 

Last edited by SusiGo (February 7, 2014 8:18 am)


------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

http://up.picr.de/28609194so.png

 
 

February 7, 2014 8:24 am  #25


Re: Sherlock cast at Apple Store in London


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."
 

February 7, 2014 8:27 am  #26


Re: Sherlock cast at Apple Store in London

On several blogs I've seen several gifs with Steven and his answer to read. It's probably not the complete answer, but it gives a pretty good idea about how respectful he answered. From what I saw, I would say that he is pretty much aware of what's going on in fandom and that there are loads of very talented and creative people out there.

Ah great, stoertebeker! I love her blog, too. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/wink.png

Last edited by SolarSystem (February 7, 2014 8:28 am)


___________________________________________________
"Am I the current King of England?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

 
 

February 7, 2014 8:30 am  #27


Re: Sherlock cast at Apple Store in London

SolarSystem wrote:

On several blogs I've seen several gifs with Steven and his answer to read. It's probably not the complete answer, but it gives a pretty good idea about how respectful he answered. From what I saw, I would say that he is pretty much aware of what's going on in fandom and that there are loads of very talented and creative people out there.

Ah great, stoertebeker! I love her blog, too. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/wink.png

Agreed! His answer really was with respect and well chosen. I think he also can do it the other way.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."
http://fs5.directupload.net/images/170428/gxfakjvq.png
Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

 
 

February 7, 2014 8:43 am  #28


Re: Sherlock cast at Apple Store in London


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."
http://fs5.directupload.net/images/170428/gxfakjvq.png
Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

 
 

February 7, 2014 8:44 am  #29


Re: Sherlock cast at Apple Store in London

I had an epiphany of sorts this morning. I could install iTunes in my virtual XP machine so that I don't actually have to install it on my real operating system. Maybe I'll just try that tonight. I'd really like to see the interview.


___________________________________________
"Oh please. Killing me, that's so two years ago."
DominionFans.com

 
 

February 7, 2014 8:53 am  #30


Re: Sherlock cast at Apple Store in London

gently69 wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

On several blogs I've seen several gifs with Steven and his answer to read. It's probably not the complete answer, but it gives a pretty good idea about how respectful he answered. From what I saw, I would say that he is pretty much aware of what's going on in fandom and that there are loads of very talented and creative people out there.

Ah great, stoertebeker! I love her blog, too. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/wink.png

Agreed! His answer really was with respect and well chosen. I think he also can do it the other way.

Oh, I'm sure he can. But let's face it, the fandom was sitting right in front of him. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/wink.png


___________________________________________________
"Am I the current King of England?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

 
 

February 7, 2014 8:55 am  #31


Re: Sherlock cast at Apple Store in London

Oh, the way he's laughing...! Don't pull yourself together, Benedict, just don't! Ignore The Moff and laugh!! http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/grin.png


http://25.media.tumblr.com/0d728ddc53ed98f3942b6b44e7718f01/tumblr_n0lcpzSI3w1s4vpfno5_r1_250.gif


___________________________________________________
"Am I the current King of England?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

 
 

February 7, 2014 8:59 am  #32


Re: Sherlock cast at Apple Store in London

SolarSystem wrote:

gently69 wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

On several blogs I've seen several gifs with Steven and his answer to read. It's probably not the complete answer, but it gives a pretty good idea about how respectful he answered. From what I saw, I would say that he is pretty much aware of what's going on in fandom and that there are loads of very talented and creative people out there.

Ah great, stoertebeker! I love her blog, too. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/wink.png

Agreed! His answer really was with respect and well chosen. I think he also can do it the other way.

Oh, I'm sure he can. But let's face it, the fandom was sitting right in front of him. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/wink.png

But I think that, if he was in the right mood, his answer could also be more sarcastic. No matter if there were fans or not.

Last edited by gently69 (February 7, 2014 9:10 am)


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."
http://fs5.directupload.net/images/170428/gxfakjvq.png
Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

 
 

February 7, 2014 9:14 am  #33


Re: Sherlock cast at Apple Store in London

SolarSystem wrote:

Oh, the way he's laughing...! Don't pull yourself together, Benedict, just don't! Ignore The Moff and laugh!! http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/grin.png


http://25.media.tumblr.com/0d728ddc53ed98f3942b6b44e7718f01/tumblr_n0lcpzSI3w1s4vpfno5_r1_250.gif

OMG thank you for that gif! I was so bored here!

Well, now people are wondering why I'm covering my face trying not to laugh out loud.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"
https://secure.static.tumblr.com/366e007c7d5d80b608050b4c5e841fb6/clrlpmh/wV7o0y8be/tumblr_static_tumblr_static__640.gif
"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr I AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5
 

February 7, 2014 9:17 am  #34


Re: Sherlock cast at Apple Store in London

Did you see the whole on page 2?


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."
http://fs5.directupload.net/images/170428/gxfakjvq.png
Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

 
 

February 7, 2014 9:26 am  #35


Re: Sherlock cast at Apple Store in London

OMG, haha yes!

These things are dangerous in public! I'm supposed to do all sorts of serious things right now.
 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"
https://secure.static.tumblr.com/366e007c7d5d80b608050b4c5e841fb6/clrlpmh/wV7o0y8be/tumblr_static_tumblr_static__640.gif
"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr I AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5
 

February 7, 2014 9:38 am  #36


Re: Sherlock cast at Apple Store in London

Thank you all for posting what was said - I always feel they are being tested in some way when they are asked this stuff.
Must say Moff looks quite cross with Benedict in those screen caps!


"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles
 

February 7, 2014 10:06 am  #37


Re: Sherlock cast at Apple Store in London

Hehe the gifs are very sweet ^^.


________________________________________
It feels squishy! Is it supposed to feel squishy?
http://soundofthedark.de/transfer/forum/lauri-couch.jpg
You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!
 

February 7, 2014 10:07 am  #38


Re: Sherlock cast at Apple Store in London

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

OMG, haha yes!

These things are dangerous in public! I'm supposed to do all sorts of serious things right now.
 

Serious things? Boring. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/grin.png


___________________________________________________
"Am I the current King of England?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

 
 

February 7, 2014 10:11 am  #39


Re: Sherlock cast at Apple Store in London

SolarSystem wrote:

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

OMG, haha yes!

These things are dangerous in public! I'm supposed to do all sorts of serious things right now.
 

Serious things? Boring. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/grin.png

So very dull!

I think I will just stay in this thread till I get to go home; my cheeks are going to be so sore from smiling!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"
https://secure.static.tumblr.com/366e007c7d5d80b608050b4c5e841fb6/clrlpmh/wV7o0y8be/tumblr_static_tumblr_static__640.gif
"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr I AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5
 

February 7, 2014 10:13 am  #40


Re: Sherlock cast at Apple Store in London

Tinks wrote:

Thank you all for posting what was said - I always feel they are being tested in some way when they are asked this stuff.
Must say Moff looks quite cross with Benedict in those screen caps!

I don't know what was asked exactly, but as a member of the fandom I would never ask a question about the fandom. You're basically asking a question about yourself, right? And I suppose that all fandom-related questions that are even slightly interesting, have already been asked over and over again.


___________________________________________________
"Am I the current King of England?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

 
 

Board footera

 

Powered by Boardhost. Create a Free Forum