BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 29, 2014 10:43 pm  #461

Re: German air date

"Erhört"... that's probably the only thing in the dubbing of that episode - apart from the "Sie", but well - that doesn't work at all. Everything else felt and sounded quite alright.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

May 29, 2014 10:44 pm  #462

I agree. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 29, 2014 10:45 pm  #463

And no, they didn't change Sherlock's voice. I'm not sure about Molly though.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

May 29, 2014 10:48 pm  #464

SusiGo wrote:

They did not change the name. She is Zoe in the original and Zoe in the dubbed version. 

Hm really? Strange, I was sure it was Sally, dunno why.

Well the erhört thing... my hubby didn't find it bad at all o.O

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

May 29, 2014 10:50 pm  #465

It seems to be the same actress, Julia Kaufmann, in all episodes. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 30, 2014 5:35 am  #466

Right. Haven't watched the whole episode yesterday, but waa able to join when Sherlock's parents had their appearance. As far as I can say the dubbing seemed quite good. Apart from what was already mentioned in here. Have got a look at the whole episode when I am back home again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

May 30, 2014 7:57 am  #467

Well, don't flame me, ladies, but actually I didn't like Mary's German voice too much. Too high and girly, I think Amanda is not in her late twenties anymore. She has a more mature voice in original I think.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

May 30, 2014 8:20 am  #468

I'd never flame you for that, mrshouse. I just thought that her German voice sounded... more nice. It made me like Mary better. I mean, Martin's voice isn't exactly perfect, either, I like it even less than Benedict's. But when I heard Mary's voice I immediately thought 'Okay, that's fine'. 

May 30, 2014 8:28 am  #469

Well generally I found the dubbing better than the one from the previous series.
The thing with "was husten" was not too stupid, but of course the lips were strange there. Well hardest piece to translate for sure...
I hope the atmosphere will change with the Du in the next episode.

Well they did their job not too bad, but of course I still prefer the original.

May 30, 2014 8:38 am  #470

IMO "was husten" was not only "not too stupid", but very good translated. I don't remember if any of us actually had that idea when we were guessing about the translation.
And now it's the "strange lips there"? Oh well....there's always something to complain, isn't it? 

They also added "Sprengstoff" in the underground, when they were looking up, right? At least I didn't notice the Sprengstoff up there any time before I heard that. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

May 30, 2014 8:41 am  #471

Mattlocked wrote:

They also added "Sprengstoff" in the underground, when they were looking up, right? At least I didn't notice the Sprengstoff up there any time before I heard that.

I always heard Sherlock say something at that point, but I never really understood what he said. I figured it must be something like "explosives", but it's really hard to understand.

May 30, 2014 8:51 am  #472

I also liked the "Hackfleisch" solution for "beaten to a pulp". 

May 30, 2014 8:57 am  #473

Yes! And Mycroft going:"All diese...Menschen." As funny as his " That would require...legwork" in TGG

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

May 30, 2014 8:58 am  #474

I will probably watch it again this evening and will try to find some more examples for good translations. 

May 30, 2014 9:27 am  #475

Sherlock said "demoltion charges" I think.

May 30, 2014 10:38 am  #476

Another thing I liked: Greg saying "Auf die, die uns fehlen" when toasting Sherlock. 

May 30, 2014 10:51 am  #477

Yes, Susi, definitely a lot better than something like "Auf abwesende Freunde". 

May 30, 2014 11:36 am  #478

Well, oh you bastard went to du verdammter Mistkerl or sth like that.
Gernerally swearing is often made bit less intense in dubbings...
(HIMYM Lily's "son of a bitch" was also made less intense)
But well that's ok.

I don't mean to complain about the differences, I just recognize them ;).

And I am still wondering why I misheared "Zoe" as "Sally"...

May 30, 2014 1:35 pm  #479

Yes, I'm also quite happy with the dubbing of TEH. Apart from the already mentioned small things.
I'm excited about the figures now!
What I'm not too happy with is that this "German airdate" thread is now being used as a melting pot for the whole discussion of the dubbed series 3. Since it's not about a speculation about an airdate any more, it's getting more and more confusing, in German : "unübersichtlich". In a few days time we won't be able to retrieve any more what's already been discussed  - especially when ep 2 and 3 will have aired and everything will be thrown in here.
So: Why not open three extra threads on the series three forum in order to keep things tidy, orderly and transparent for everyone? (Hey, I'm German after all!)

If there will be no contradiction, I will set up the three threads in half an hour.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 30, 2014 1:36 pm  #480

Fine 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

Board footera