BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 29, 2014 9:54 pm  #441

Re: German air date

LOL

I remember when we watched the first ep the first time.
I was like: WTF??
He: BRILLIANT!!

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

May 29, 2014 9:56 pm  #442

SolarSystem wrote:

I only think that sometimes the German voices don't convey enough emotion. I especially realized this in the scene in 221B after the bonfire, when Sherlock says sorry to John three times. In the dubbed version it didn't sound as serious as in the original version, at least not to me.

Funny, I got exactly the opposite impression. IMO Sherlock's appology sounded a tad more genuinely in the dubbed version. 

But I agree with you, over all the dubbing was good. The line "Er wird mir was husten" was surely the best they could have made out of this wordplay dialog, although it hadn't that strong explicit meaning than F*** off.

When I watched Sherlock for the first time, I saw the dubbed version. But now I am so used to the original version, it felt very strange to watch the series in German, hearing this strange voices  .

Molly's voice sounded unfamiliar to me. Did she got a new dubbing voice.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

May 29, 2014 9:58 pm  #443

stoertebeker wrote:

Molly's voice sounded unfamiliar to me. Did she got a new dubbing voice.

Now that you're saying it - might be?

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 29, 2014 10:03 pm  #444

stoertebeker wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

I only think that sometimes the German voices don't convey enough emotion. I especially realized this in the scene in 221B after the bonfire, when Sherlock says sorry to John three times. In the dubbed version it didn't sound as serious as in the original version, at least not to me.

Funny, I got exactly the opposite impression. IMO Sherlock's appology sounded a tad more genuinely in the dubbed version.

That's really interesting, because I had the impression that when Sherlock said "Tut mir leid" (or did he say "Entschuldigung"? I don't quite remember) for the third time it sounded as if he just wanted to be done with it and move on. In the original version his third "sorry" almost breaks my heart every single time I watch it.

By the way, I actually was a bit surprised that they left Lestrade's "Darren Brown?!" in, because... does anyboby even know that guy in Germany? I almost expected him to say something like "Ein Hypnotiseur?!".

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

May 29, 2014 10:07 pm  #445

And "Darren" is a name that might not even be instantly recognised as a name by german audience.

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 29, 2014 10:08 pm  #446

I thought his last "Es tut mir leid" in connection with his expression was quite convincing. 

You are right, and they also kept Larry Grayson in the parents scene, a guy I had never ever heard about. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 29, 2014 10:10 pm  #447

SolarSystem wrote:

stoertebeker wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

That's really interesting, because I had the impression that when Sherlock said "Tut mir leid" (or did he say "Entschuldigung"? I don't quite remember) for the third time it sounded as if he just wanted to be done with it and move on. In the original version his third "sorry" almost breaks my heart every single time I watch it.

By the way, I actually was a bit surprised that they left Lestrade's "Darren Brown?!" in, because... does anyboby even know that guy in Germany? I almost expected him to say something like "Ein Hypnotiseur?!".

There is a dubbed version of a Derren Brown's show on RTL nitro but he is surely not that famous here than in GB. I didn't know him when his name was mentioned on Setlock for the first time.

Last edited by stoertebeker (May 29, 2014 10:13 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

May 29, 2014 10:13 pm  #448

Well, not among us, it seems 

(I only knew Derren Brown already because I've read about him in the Sherlock context.)

May 29, 2014 10:16 pm  #449

SusiGo wrote:

I thought his last "Es tut mir leid" in connection with his expression was quite convincing.

I'll probably have to watch it again to be absolutely sure, but I immediately thought that it works much better (for me) in the original version.

But maybe that's just nit-picking, because apart from that I don't have much to complain about.
Of course, like all of you already said, the "Sie" still feels wrong. Especially after watching Hounds and TRF today, the "Sie" somehow felt twice as wrong. Can't wait for TSoT now...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

May 29, 2014 10:22 pm  #450

SusiGo wrote:

Yes, exactly. It felt really rueful to me.

SusiGo wrote:

You are right, and they also kept Larry Grayson in the parents scene, a guy I had never ever heard about. 

True, who is this guy anyway?  I never bothered to google him.

"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

May 29, 2014 10:23 pm  #451

He was one of the first openly gay entertainers in Britain who had popular shows on TV. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 29, 2014 10:28 pm  #452

Ok, the Lügnerin was in it but quite small and only on the left...
Guardian wasn't translated...

Mistakes:
- Geh zurück Sohn instead of Stay back SALLY
- I think they added "ausschalten" to the scene when Sherlock is kneeling over the bomb...

There was something else, slipped away again...

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

May 29, 2014 10:28 pm  #453

By the way, how did you all like Mary's German voice? I have no idea why, but I actually liked her better with that voice. At least a bit.

May 29, 2014 10:29 pm  #454

@zeratul: But these are reall small things compared to the good work they have done. 

Yes, the voice sounded quite nice. I nearly forgot how much I hate her since HLV. 

Last edited by SusiGo (May 29, 2014 10:30 pm)

May 29, 2014 10:30 pm  #455

zeratul wrote:

- Geh zurück Sohn instead of Stay back SALLY

I actually understood "Geh zurück, Zoe" here, but I can be wrong.

May 29, 2014 10:32 pm  #456

He said definitely Zoe. Very sure of that. And why should he say Sally?

Last edited by SusiGo (May 29, 2014 10:36 pm)

May 29, 2014 10:37 pm  #457

Yes, and it was Zoe in the OV too.

At the end, Sherlock's reply "Ich habe Sie erhört." felt a bit strange to me. I would have prefered "Ich habe Sie gehört."

"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

May 29, 2014 10:39 pm  #458

Yes, that is not good at all. And the best choice would have been "Ich habe dich gehört". 

May 29, 2014 10:41 pm  #459

Ok, then I misheard twice ;).
Strange to change the name.

Ah also blud turned out as Brüderchen.

Did they change Sherlock's voice? Maybe Molly's too?

Mary's voice is quite ok to me.

Well yes, it was better than expected .

Sorry, got some pc problems here, so only short posts turn out to point out the differences...

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

May 29, 2014 10:42 pm  #460

They did not change the name. She is Zoe in the original and Zoe in the dubbed version. 

Board footera