BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 29, 2014 7:33 am  #421

Re: German air date

You can say what you want - but this article is a masterpiece.
It takes skill to give out every plot device in the story in such a few words.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

May 29, 2014 11:30 am  #422

nakahara, I admit that's a nice way of putting it. I just hope that not too many people who haven't seen S3 yet will actually read his 'masterpiece'.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

May 29, 2014 11:34 am  #423

By now I am asking myself if this is a form of satire - constantly talking about surprises and ruining them one after the other. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 29, 2014 11:37 am  #424

I guess this guy just likes to write about every last detail - in detail.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

May 29, 2014 11:51 am  #425

It must be nice if he reviews some other detective stories or thrillers.
"At the end of the movie, it comes as a big surprise that XXX was the murderer and that YYY was behind this plot all along..."

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

May 29, 2014 12:27 pm  #426

They should make him review "Fight Club" or "Sixth Sense". "Or a Beautiful Mind". Lots of things to say in advance.  

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 29, 2014 12:44 pm  #427

Great, Susi! We should google for them. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

May 29, 2014 12:52 pm  #428

This guy writes about anything, I guess you will find something easily 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 29, 2014 8:14 pm  #429

My hubby switched to HD on cable so I cannot pause the whole thing (but recording it also on Entertain). Did the deduction about Mary have "Lügner" in it?
Couldn't spot it...

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

May 29, 2014 9:19 pm  #430

Didn't see it, either.

May 29, 2014 9:19 pm  #431

I didn't see it either - too quick.

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 29, 2014 9:21 pm  #432

I think the dubbing was quite well done. There was the "Ich habe Sie erhört" but all in all it was not bad. My hubby really liked the episode. 
The "Er wird mir was husten" was quite clever because John's finger already implied the "feck off". 

Last edited by SusiGo (May 29, 2014 9:22 pm)

May 29, 2014 9:26 pm  #433

I agree. We liked it. The "Sie" is still strange somehow and not to mention "Ich habe Sie erhört." But I'm fine with all the rest. 

May 29, 2014 9:28 pm  #434

Yes, Susi. The Sie was quite embarassing in many moments, but, basically, the dubbing was ok.
For me, it was way more relaxed than with the original. Made me discover a lot of other things.

Cross, Mattlocked

Last edited by Harriet (May 29, 2014 9:29 pm)

May 29, 2014 9:32 pm  #435

Exactly. And I thought I knew everything.... 

May 29, 2014 9:37 pm  #436

My boyfriend liked the episode, but funnily enough the first thing he asked about afterwards was the third theory and why it was placed in the middle of the bomb scene. All I could tell him was that practically the whole fandom wonders about that as well. 

Apart from that, I agree that they did a pretty decent job with the dubbing. The "Er wird mir was husten" was quite well-done, I have to admit.

I only think that sometimes the German voices don't convey enough emotion. I especially realized this in the scene in 221B after the bonfire, when Sherlock says sorry to John three times. In the dubbed version it didn't sound as serious and emotional as in the original version, at least not to me.

Last edited by SolarSystem (May 29, 2014 9:38 pm)

May 29, 2014 9:40 pm  #437

So tonight was the show for the male audience? 

Last edited by Harriet (May 29, 2014 9:41 pm)

May 29, 2014 9:43 pm  #438

So it seems. And apparently the male audience liked it.

May 29, 2014 9:50 pm  #439

Oh oh, what will be next sunday, then? 
(No problem for me; as hubby knows (and likes) all of them already anyway)

May 29, 2014 9:52 pm  #440

I think my husband will like the stag night (because of the drinking, not the loud subtext, but still). 

And then I will surprise him by telling him how sad the episode really is. 

Last edited by SusiGo (May 29, 2014 9:52 pm)

Board footera