BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 28, 2014 9:26 pm  #381

Re: German air date

Yeah, the saw the photo on GMX too when I was checking e-mail. They wrote a nice, long article about it too: [url=http://www.gmx.net/themen/tv/shows/18bau2u-sherlock-staffel-bbc-serie#.hero.Eitel,%20albern%20-%20und%20einfach%20genial.588.276]http://www.gmx.net/themen/tv/shows/18bau2u-sherlock-staffel-bbc-serie#[/url] I haven't read it all, but it sounded very positive from me skimming over it.

Ironically enough, I'm in the UK right now and can't even watch the German version. Not that I'd really want to... (although I'm a bit curious about some of the translations).

Last edited by TeeJay (May 28, 2014 9:27 pm)

May 28, 2014 9:28 pm  #382

Susi, okay, alright, I thought with "am Ende" he meant... well, the end. Not the first third of the last episode.
Apart from that: He just wanted to get everything off his chest, right? Mary. Sherlock's girlfriend who isn't really his girlfriend... yes, I feel very well-informed right now.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

May 28, 2014 9:28 pm  #383

Oh it was on GMX?

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 28, 2014 9:29 pm  #384

Full of spoilers. Magnussen's mind palace, not that this should come as a surprise. I do not like the article, tbh. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 28, 2014 9:31 pm  #385

Those two articles on gmx and web.de are one and the same. And like Susi said, lots of spoilers. But enthusiastic, that's right.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

May 28, 2014 9:32 pm  #386

True. But the tone is somehow, not sure how to express this … German articles often sound so superficial. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 28, 2014 9:34 pm  #387

SusiGo wrote:

If you thought the ARD trailer had spoilers you should have a look at this:

http://web.de/magazine/tv/shows/18981318-sherlock-staffel-bbc-serie.html#.hero.%22Sherlock%22%20ist%20ein%20Angeber.639.247

OMG no need to watch it after reading that... wtf...

SolarSystem wrote:

Well... what does the author mean with "At the end of the last episode Sherlock once again dies, and then again he doesn't"...? Where the heck does he die? I don't get it. Or is that supposed to be a metaphor?

Well his heart stops in the hospital and then starts again when he thinks about John.

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

May 28, 2014 9:35 pm  #388

I wonder if it's kind of a new "trend" by the TV stations to give nearly everything away in advance so that the viewers won't need to watch the programme? I can't remember that they did likewise two years ago, It would have caused an uproar then!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 28, 2014 9:36 pm  #389

Yes, but this happens 40 minutes into the episode, not at the end. 

Or they mean that he is sent on the death mission and called back after four minutes. 

May 28, 2014 9:42 pm  #390

The author certainly is talking about Mary killing Sherlock, I just don't understand why he's talking about the end of S3... this doesn't happen at the end. 

tobe, yes, it's weird. When you read the "Medien"-pages of some of the german newspapers on a regular basis, you will realize that they do this all the time. It's a bit like telling someone who hasn't seen "Citizen Kane" yet that "Rosebud ist ein Schlitten!".

May 28, 2014 9:42 pm  #391

This article is so.... "gezwungen cool" and casual - what's the right expression in English?
I don't like it AT ALL. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

May 28, 2014 9:46 pm  #392

Mattlocked wrote:

This article is so.... "gezwungen cool" and casual - what's the right expression in English?
I don't like it AT ALL.

Yes, condescending and quite wired.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 28, 2014 9:46 pm  #393

The author has a "lockere Schreibe".

May 28, 2014 9:49 pm  #394

Exactly. And exactly what I do not like at all. 

May 28, 2014 9:49 pm  #395

...and this really is the deadly sin:

In das Gesicht von Martin Freeman, wenn er herausfindet, dass ihn seine Frau von Anfang an belogen hat.

Last edited by SolarSystem (May 28, 2014 9:50 pm)

May 28, 2014 9:51 pm  #396

Nooooooo!

May 28, 2014 9:51 pm  #397

SolarSystem wrote:

The author has a "lockere Schreibe".

Typo, dear, just a little typo 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 28, 2014 9:52 pm  #398

Right.
This is "great", too: Das ist alles nichts gegen die Sensation schlechthin: Sherlock hat eine Freundin. Zumindest kurz. Und mit gutem Grund, der natürlich nichts mit Liebe zu tun hat.

And this:
.... und sich in knapp zwei Stunden einen derart schlimmen Rausch antrinken, dass Sherlock bei einer Klientin auf den Teppich reihert.

May 28, 2014 9:52 pm  #399

Were you thinking of a "lockere Schraube"? 

May 28, 2014 9:54 pm  #400

This seems to be the author, btw. Look, how cool and crazy!!!! 
https://plus.google.com/106755392236565134837/posts

Board footera