BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 5, 2013 7:13 pm  #61

Re: The "Good News" thread

Some time ago I submitted my diploma thesis as a manuscript to a scientific journal. Today I received an email with a decision on it, and against my expectations it wasn't a strict rejection. If I change a couple of things in the text and answer some of their complicated scientific questions, they might actually publish it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

December 5, 2013 8:09 pm  #62

Oh, how great, QE! HUG! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 6, 2013 5:39 am  #63

That's wonderful news, QE! And entirely justified, I presume...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

December 6, 2013 7:21 am  #64

Wow, QE, that's great news. Congratulations! 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 6, 2013 3:17 pm  #65

Congrats, QE.  I've said this before but the Sherlock fandom has some of the smartest people I've ever had the privledge of getting to know!

Not that I consider myself in the same class but I just made it through two crazy weeks. First, there was massive amounts of studying in order to take a strenuous 16 hour on-line exam in order to achieve a specialized certification in my field.  Passed with a 95%! Yay! 
Also put together two extensive Power Point presentations which I then scripted and broadcast via WebEx to a large group of people.
Just finished up the second presentations a short while ago. Very little sleep over the past two weeks. I'm exhausted but so glad it's over (for now).  Maybe I can take a little breather, start preparing for Christmas, and catch up on some Johnlock fan fic 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

December 6, 2013 3:25 pm  #66

Right, you are smart people! Congrats QE and KP!!

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

December 6, 2013 3:37 pm  #67

Congratulations QE and KP I am so proud of our fandom

December 6, 2013 3:57 pm  #68

KP - I'm deeply impressed.Wow!
Enjoy your little breather - it's well deserved.

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

December 6, 2013 4:13 pm  #69

Wow, KP, this sounds impressive. Congrats from me! 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 6, 2013 8:12 pm  #70

Congratulations, KP!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

December 6, 2013 10:53 pm  #71

Congrats, you guys!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

December 7, 2013 4:46 pm  #72

Congrats to you both.

The fudge, I made is delicious. First time I tried, and yesss!!!

-----------------------------
“Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.”
Terry Pratchett - A Hat Full of Sky

December 8, 2013 10:57 am  #73

Congratulations to you both!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 18, 2013 12:35 am  #74

OH MY GOD! We've just had a fire alarm in our dormitory. At first we thought it was a fire drill (a midnight fire drill ha ha) but we opened the door to the hall and there was a lot of smoke! I was so scared. I took my jacket and ran to the fire escape. Outside we saw smoke coming out from the kitchen on our floor. It turned out that it was the bin in the kitchen. It completely burned down.
However, I'm OK now and happy to be alive so I post it to the "good news" thread

- -  - –  – –  - - -  - - - -  -  - – -  - – - -  – – –  – - – -  – - –  -  – - -
Up, down, flying around, looping the loop and defying the ground.
They're all frightfully keen, those magnificent men in their flying machines!

December 18, 2013 1:54 am  #75

Wow, this seems like a good place to put this.  Amanda Abbington just tweeted me!  She posted a picture of her dog lying on his back on the kitchen floor with his feet up in the air, completely zonked out and content. I tweeted to her that he was living the life I aspire to and she tweeted back, "Oh god me too."  How cute is that!  I love her!

December 18, 2013 2:00 am  #76

KeepersPrice wrote:

Wow, this seems like a good place to put this. Amanda Abbington just tweeted me! She posted a picture of her dog lying on his back on the kitchen floor with his feet up in the air, completely zonked out and content. I tweeted to her that he was living the life I aspire to and she tweeted back, "Oh god me too." How cute is that! I love her!

- -  - –  – –  - - -  - - - -  -  - – -  - – - -  – – –  – - – -  – - –  -  – - -
Up, down, flying around, looping the loop and defying the ground.
They're all frightfully keen, those magnificent men in their flying machines!

December 18, 2013 4:52 am  #77

Pav: Happy to read you're safe. What an experience!
KP: Wonderful!

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

December 18, 2013 11:05 am  #78

I'm going to see a new production of Cinderella Ballet tomorrow night!

"The name's Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street."

December 18, 2013 5:00 pm  #79

Bronte89 wrote:

I'm going to see a new production of Cinderella Ballet tomorrow night!

Have fun, Bronte89!  Ballet is so beautiful.  I hope it is absolutely magical for you.

December 18, 2013 5:22 pm  #80

How lovely KP. Glad you are alright Pav. We were in a hotel in Vancouver once and the fire alarm went off. Our friends ignored it, we didn't. There was actually a fire (again in the kitchens). The up-side was that I got to see the really rather gorgeous firefighters but my friend Mary missed them because they thought I was just a drill!  Gutted is not the word!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera