BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 14, 2013 1:50 pm  #341

Re: Secret Santa Fic Exchange 2013

holmes23 wrote:

Kerkerian wrote:

holmes23 wrote:

Isn't a Santa Fic due today?

It seems I've been spoiling you by posting the majority of the other fics quite early (before going to work, that is). Which isn't necessarily doable at the weekends, though, since my family and pet demand attention as well.
The fic is up now.

I apologise to you Kerkerian for my insensitiveness. It seems, as you said, I have been spoilt and, have been checking every now and then if the story is up. The time difference also gave me wrong notion.

Never mind!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

December 14, 2013 2:32 pm  #342

Wow, this story is so incredible great!  It is really the best thing I could expect for my prompt! Thank you so much, dearest anonymous author!

As holmes23 said, there are many great lines in this one but I also especially liked the reference to the shirt :D and the twist in the end.

Oh, and "people are peopling" - hilarious!

Last edited by Marva (December 14, 2013 2:34 pm)

The Game is On!

December 14, 2013 4:18 pm  #343

Sherlock and John Texting While Drunk

I read this at 4AM and I pleased to say that I giggled like a maniac into my lemon-ginger green tea. Hilarious! I think my favorite thing is Sherlock even "warning" John he's probably going to get locked out of the building (the question about hypothermia)--really, just brilliant!  (Had to add: That was the most perfect get back I've ever seen :D)

I am in awe to be surrounded by such creative writers! We should find a reason to do these all the time, lol!

Last edited by crazybbcamerican (December 14, 2013 4:40 pm)

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

December 14, 2013 4:27 pm  #344

crazybbcamerican wrote:

I read this at 4AM and I pleased to say that I giggled like a maniac into my lemon-ginger green tea. Hilarious! I think my favorite thing is Sherlock even "warning" John he's probably going to get locked out of the building (the question about hypothermia)--really, just brilliant!

Why didn't I realize this myself? *facepalm* you are so right and what a brilliant idea!

crazybbcamerican wrote:

I am in awe to be surrounded by such creative writers! We should find a reason to do these all the time, lol!

Agree!

The Game is On!

December 14, 2013 6:04 pm  #345

Oh, that was fun! I'm afraid we'll never see Sherlock getting drunk, but after this fic I'd reeeaaally love to! And the experiment with jam and John's jumper sounds... fascinating.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 14, 2013 6:30 pm  #346

Very good one. Made me smile a lot. And I would love to see the vid AND the revenge experiment. 

Last edited by SusiGo (December 14, 2013 6:31 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 15, 2013 11:54 am  #347

Whatever Works

Oh, that was lovely. Made my Sunday. I could imagine them so well holding hands on the plane, surrounded by homophobic stewards. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 15, 2013 12:35 pm  #348

"Whatever Works" was a little gem! Made my morning, too.  Don't see how it could be anymore perfect! Bravo!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

December 15, 2013 12:43 pm  #349

I love drunk Sherlock! Very funny.

Whatever Works
That was cute. Now I will smile the whole day thank you!

- -  - –  – –  - - -  - - - -  -  - – -  - – - -  – – –  – - – -  – - –  -  – - -
Up, down, flying around, looping the loop and defying the ground.
They're all frightfully keen, those magnificent men in their flying machines!

December 15, 2013 2:12 pm  #350

Whatever Works

This story is so cute, I love it   Sherlock and John holding hands is going to be a lingering image

December 15, 2013 3:40 pm  #351

Now I want to read all these!  Anyway they can be shared????

I didn't participate in the fic exchange because I don't have the courage to write Sherlock yet.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 15, 2013 4:06 pm  #352

Whatever works

Dear anonymous author, thank you sooooo much for this wonderful fluff! You probably have cursed me for not being anymore specific with my prompt, but I'm sure you couldn't have done a better job even if I had given you a more detailed wish. 
Absolutely love it! I especially love wicked little Sherlock... he needs to hold hands with John on a plane, yeah, right. The idea of them just holding hands, on the plane and in bed, is ever so sweet...
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

December 15, 2013 4:07 pm  #353

tonnaree wrote:

I didn't participate in the fic exchange because I don't have the courage to write Sherlock yet.  

Of course you can read them, tonnaree! You know where to find them, right? Then just go ahead!

December 15, 2013 4:12 pm  #354

SolarSystem wrote:

tonnaree wrote:

Of course you can read them, tonnaree! You know where to find them, right? Then just go ahead!

Are there links in the Fan Fic by members thread?

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

December 15, 2013 4:48 pm  #355

tonnaree wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

tonnaree wrote:

Are there links in the Fan Fic by members thread?

Here they are:
http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=3893

Have fun !

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

December 16, 2013 12:28 am  #356

YAY!!!  Thank you!

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

December 16, 2013 8:50 pm  #357

Problem!

Hi guys, due to a rather sudden and somewhat unexpected change in our family Christmas schedule, I won't be able to post stories after Dec. 22.

Which means that there are three stories (if I got all by then) will either have to wait until the new year, or someone else might have to fill in for me. I'm truly and very sorry about that, I hadn't expected not to be in reach of the internet for the holidays.

If anyone has got the spare time and could post the last three stories, I'd be grateful. I'd send the files to the respective person so they'd still be anonymous, and also the list which reveals who wrote what (to be posted on Boxing Day, maybe).
Please give me a shout if you're interested.

Thank you and, once again, I'm sorry about that.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

December 17, 2013 5:52 am  #358

Kerkerian wrote:

Problem!

Hi guys, due to a rather sudden and somewhat unexpected change in our family Christmas schedule, I won't be able to post stories after Dec. 22.

Which means that there are three stories (if I got all by then) will either have to wait until the new year, or someone else might have to fill in for me. I'm truly and very sorry about that, I hadn't expected not to be in reach of the internet for the holidays.

If anyone has got the spare time and could post the last three stories, I'd be grateful. I'd send the files to the respective person so they'd still be anonymous, and also the list which reveals who wrote what (to be posted on Boxing Day, maybe).
Please give me a shout if you're interested.

Thank you and, once again, I'm sorry about that.

Problem solved!

I've had several PM's about the issue, wow. Thank you so much guys, I'll answer you when I get back home this afternoon. Right now I've got to get to work, but let me just say how relieved I am! Thank you, again!

December 17, 2013 7:30 am  #359

"What it Means to be Family"

That was a good one. I like Sherlock/Lestrade fics and their relationship here is moving and convincingly told. I can well imagine this as a prequel to the Sherlock we know today. We only get a few hints about their past in the series and what you make of them is really good. 

December 17, 2013 7:51 am  #360

"What it Means to be Family"

Dear unknown author,
his one left me impressed once more. I love the beginning that reminds me of well-writien short stories, where you have to read for a while to figure out what the story is about (and in this case when it takes place).
And I definitely love that you chose Lestrade and Sherlock to write about family issues. You portraited the relationship between the two of them very vividly, it would make for an interesting longer fic.
Very well done!!!

Last edited by Schmiezi (December 17, 2013 7:55 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

Board footera