BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 21, 2016 10:25 am  #941

Re: Fan Fiction Addicts General Round Table Discusion - ADULT CONTENT

Fun with history and literature, aka "okay but what if jstor did have tags like ao3"
http://shinysherlock.tumblr.com/post/143151103080/expo63-subtilior-thoodleoo-thoodleoo

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

April 21, 2016 11:02 am  #942

Hehehehehe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

April 28, 2016 7:30 pm  #943

Wordstrings has updated "All the best..." with a new chapter. It's like Christmas whenever she does that. I absolutely adore her writing, it's absolutely amazing what she does with words. Wow, what a chapter! (And I thought I saw several referances to other Johnlock fics, quite cool!)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

April 28, 2016 7:33 pm  #944

Oh, it wasn't a rec, only information. But ok, I can post it over there.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

April 28, 2016 7:35 pm  #945

Thanks. In doubt, read #1

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

July 3, 2016 10:06 pm  #946

I am losing my mind and need some advice on a fanfic I am planning (while still working on finishing 'Whipped'...)

It's about the name of the female character... I am really struggling to find a suiting one... and I have an idea, but I'm not sure it's appropriate... 

In short the story is based on how I met my boyfriend, obviously well overdramatized (and adding a twist of Sherlock being undercover unbeknownst to the girl...) and how he 'saved' me from a bad man... 
As always (since writing for me is a therapeutic exercise usually) the main character will have a lot of my traits and issues... 

And here is the pickle... the only name that I like so far is Kitty... first of all, that clashes with Kitty the journalist... and that is one of my two nicknames (that and Kitten)... but there's a lot of fun to be had with the cat theme... and it was the first name my boyfriend knew me as... 

Gah. I'll have a hell of time naming a child some day. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 3, 2016 10:14 pm  #947

How about just calling her Kat?  Would that work?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

July 3, 2016 10:37 pm  #948

I was just thinking about that actually! It totally could work! 

YES! Thank you! It's been driving me mad. I already have a ton of fun ideas even about the start of the conversation. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 4, 2016 12:15 am  #949

Happy to help.  

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

September 28, 2016 8:04 am  #950

Wonderful news - wordstrings have now competed "All the Best..."! :-D

Team Hudders!

September 28, 2016 8:40 am  #951

This is the only WIP I have ever read and will ever read. Because I do not want to die before she is finished but you never know. And because it is so incredibly good. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 28, 2016 12:40 pm  #952

I'm not sure that it's wonderful news, because now it's over! *cries* I can't believe I've been devoted to this story since December 2012!  Seeing it finish is like losing the family dog or something.  But it's a beautiful ending, and now that it's complete I've loaded it to my Kindle and am looking forward to starting all over again!

September 28, 2016 1:19 pm  #953

I think I will give myself the deferred pleasure and read it from the beginning without knowing the last chapter. What a ride that was!

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 28, 2016 2:25 pm  #954

I think I will do the same - re-read it from the beginning. I haven't read the two last chapters.

I hope wordstrings write more Johnlock, I absolutely adore her writing style.

Team Hudders!

September 28, 2016 2:29 pm  #955

IMO she is maybe the best SH fanfic writer of all. I am also a big fan of her Katie Forsythe stories. They are simply the best Victorian Johnlock literature and she has created a whole universe for her heroes spanning several decades. 

September 28, 2016 2:36 pm  #956

I don't want to read that last chapter because it will be over afterwards. :-(

You are right, Susi, she is brilliant!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

September 28, 2016 4:23 pm  #957

Brilliant!   I put reading it on hold until it was finished but it was difficult.  This is fantastic!

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

September 28, 2016 6:06 pm  #958

Vhanja wrote:

Wonderful news - wordstrings have now competed "All the Best..."! :-D

Considering some have been waiting for this since 2012, this is the only time I've been grateful to have only joined this fandom in the last year: I didn't have to wait long for this masterpiece to reach its conclusion. :D

Doomsteady on AO3 & Tumblr

October 12, 2016 7:49 pm  #959

SusiGo wrote:

I think I will give myself the deferred pleasure and read it from the beginning without knowing the last chapter. What a ride that was!

I did just that - started the fic over without having read the last two chapters. Best idea you could have come up with, SusiGo, because it has been so long since I read the first half or so of this fic that I had forgotten quite a bit. So some parts was like reading it for the first time. Reading a wordstring Johnlock chapter as if for the first time - what a treat!

Amazing, amazing fic. Her writing is in a category of it's own.

Team Hudders!

October 12, 2016 8:09 pm  #960

I am approaching the end and it still has me on the edge of my seat. Unbelievable. This is so very good and different from all other fics I know. I love everything about it. The sex scenes - which could have been awkward in the hands of a less skilled writer - are incredibly well done. And the feelings, oh, my. I am looking forward to and dreading the end at the same time. 

Board footera